Iksander

My Kundalini Problem- Help appreciated

11 posts in this topic

I've been meditating for 3 years and practicing Kundalini Yoga for 1.5 years. A while ago, I had a Kundalini awakening. After this I went into a bizarre psychosis  for a couple of days and my arms would often move on their own. If I sit down and pay any attention I can feel the energy move, beginning at my tailbone, sometimes it will cause me to shake or muscles to tense themselves, other time it will shoot up my spine and temporarily 'release' out the top of my skull. 

Here's the issue, meditation has become very difficult due to the intense nature of the kundalini energy. It's out of control and I have no idea what to do about it or how to master it. 

If any one out there on this forum is in the know, please respond. I've searched, but Kundalini information is so varied that I struggle to separate the wheat from tye chaff. Thankyou.

Q. I am experiencing a lot of energy surging through my body when I meditate, and even when I am not meditating. Some- times it is very pleasant but at other times it makes me feel agitated and keeps me awake at night. What is it?

A. It is not uncommon that at some point in your spiritual life you will experience various forms of intense energy. Do not become fascinated by the energy and do not try to suppress or control it, because doing so will only tend to intensify it. Root your attention in that state which is prior to all forms of energy. Rest in silence, stillness, and emptiness, prior to the energies of body and mind. Root your attention in the lower abdomen. This will help ground and integrate the energy.

It may also be useful to do some very grounding activities. Take quiet walks in nature, exercise, massage the bottoms of your feet, etc. Anything that feels grounding and energetically calm- ing will help. It will take some time for your body and nervous system to adapt to a greater volume of energy flowing through you. Be patient. It often takes months or years for the nervous system to adapt to the new influx of energy.

- Adyashanti, The Way of Liberation

Just remembered this.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Thankyou. This seems like very grounded, simple advice. I'll do it!

@Iksander Externally rotate your arms, relax the shoulders, and research hand mudras. That's all I really know that could help atm.

Bond with the moon with your crown and spleen; and with your forhead with the sun. Channel that energy through the left side of the body until mulahdara, plexus innnnnn on exhale and total relaxation of the bottox. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Iksander my kundalini awakened a year ago on an sds sit, the shaking you are experiencing are called kryas, the kundalini is rising & trying to Cleanse the chakras in your body. When the kundalini hits a bump in the system it makes you shake, it’s clearing & purging the psyche (they say) 

Let them happen & don’t be scared of them or become attached to them, kundalni energy can & will be intense at times, just let it be & don’t fight it, it’s smarter then you.

kundalni can also be a pre-requisite prior to enlightenment in some cases. 

if you ever want to talk, message me. 

Shinzen young has a video on kundalini on YouTube that’s very helpful & there is a book on Leo’s booklist called enlightenment through the path of kindalini written by Tara springett that was very helpful as well. 

Edited by Tony 845

Shinzen never had kundalini though. If you get headaches or if the energy is too intense, simple. Don’t meditate. If you do, you are being stupid. The process is happening with or without constant meditation for those with kundalini so relax.

@Iksander Jana Dixon admitted that the following was about the most speculative thing she had written in her book about Kundalini and that more research was definitely needed. Her theory concerns a build up of Ammonia in the body.

I tried to keep the excerpt small. If you want to look more into her suggestions and thinking I'll put the link below.

Both dehydration and the extremes of high and low blood sugar increase the stress hormone cortisol, which could trigger off Jim's neurological cycle; and cortisol decreases fasting blood glucose. So blood sugar must be carefully managed to prevent the body going into stress/panic mode and kicking off a cycle. High blood sugar also makes the kidneys filter too much blood and such overwork reduces their filtering capacity. The vagus nerve of the parasympathetic nervous system is affected by poor kidney function. Tight muscles at the base of the skull can impinge on the vagus, and malfunction of the kidneys can induce these neck muscles to contract. If too much potassium (K+) is excreted blood levels of potassium are reduced creating alkaline urine. This alkaline urine reduces the amount of ammonia that is removed from the blood via the kidneys. 

We know ammonia increases seizures and convulsions, but we also need to find out if seizures and convulsions actually produce ammonia. Glutamine protects the brain and body from ammonia toxicity. If serum ammonia levels increase the body uses more glutamine to reduce ammonia levels in the brain. High levels of NH4+ lead to increased levels of glutamine, which serves as an osmotically active solute swelling glial cells. Thus ammonia in the brain leads to glial cell swelling which reduces their function and causes confusion and pressure in the head. There are 10X more glial cells than neurons--they act like liquid crystals resonating in harmony with the surrounding electrical fields. They act as semiconductors, picking up faint electrical impulses from the nervous system and the environment and amplifying them thousands of times--tuning impulses to the proper frequency for the neurons. Obviously glial cell swelling interferes with this tuning process and other glial cell functions.

Fast and efficient enzyme systems usually maintain low tissue levels of ammonia, these enzymes primarily include glutamate dehydrogenase, glutamine synthase and carbamoyl phosphate synthetase. Magnesium activates glutamine synthetase, a key enzyme that helps cells dispose of ammonia. Chlorophyll is thought to act as a "body cleanser," neutralizing toxins such as ammonia and carbon monoxide by many mechanisms. Wheatgrass is also one of the richest sources of vitamins A, B, and C. It is a source for calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulfur, cobalt, zinc, and protein. Eat 3-4 stalks of celery per day for the duration of any period of hyper-sympathetic stimulation especially if you have high blood pressure or pressure in the head. This will help with kidney function, electrolyte balance and celery is also a sex tonic. Because celery removes excess uric acid from the blood, it might also help the ammonia situation as well.

I suggested Jim supplement with Glutamine to serve as a carrier to remove the ammonia. Peripheral tissues may also remove ammonia from the blood by metabolically incorporating it into glutamine. Glutamine is freely permeable and may transfer ammonia to other tissues for nitrogen transfer reactions or for metabolic degradation via the urea cycle. Substrates of the urea cycle, such as arginine, citrulline and ornithine, are also reported to act as protective agents against ammonia toxicity, possibly by stimulating urea formation. Ornithine may help reduce elevated ammonia levels seen after exercise, reducing fatigue. 500mg of L-Arginine or ornithine in the morning neutralizes ammonia (NH3) in the liver, the body and in urine.

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php@story=TheAmmoniaHypothesis.html

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

You need a thorough cleansing.

Most people talk about grounding, but not about ungrounding. The same way, most people talk about kundalini awakening, but not kundalini enlightenment that can change you altogether. If the energy of kundalini or the life force is too strong for you, get a cleansing crystal like selenite or clear quartz. Now circle it over your head thrice. That's it. 

Don't touch any kundalini crystals for three days or bury your kundalini crystals under the ground or in a pot of soil. That helped me when my kundalini or sacral chakra was outta whack! 

@Iksander I have the same problem. Having a cold shower calms down the energy for a few hours for me. Going on long walks helps too