Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toan

Raw food diet

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

Do you have any experiances with a raw food diet? What is the main focus, benefits and peticular foods? 

Thanks

Great for cleansing bowels, constipation, treating haemorrhoids and diverticulae, better skin health, weight loss and to boost ensymes, antioxidants and phytochemicals. Reducing risk of most cancers especially collorectal with all the fibre. Also great for someone with heart disease or pre-dbaietic states. RF be helpful for rebalancing your Yin&Yang towards more Yin for someone with lot of repressed anger, toxic masculinity and lots of extreme Yang problems. It is more cooling hence calming and soothing to the mind & body. 

Over long term, management of some nutrients can be problematic especially zinc, calcium, protein, essential fatty acids (unless sufficient nuts are eaten) some B-vitamins. Underrating is a common problem. Hormonal issues could occur from low EFAs and protein. Loss of muscle could happen but not necessarily has to as long as one is active. 

And the lack of warming foods especially in winter could be challenging. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I’ve never been completely raw for a long time but I know the more raw food I eat the more energised I become.
When I eat mostly raw, it’s like I wake up with 5 energy drinks in my blood.
I feel out of this world. Almost to a degree that it’s uncomfortable because I don’t know what to do with all the energy.
If I wouldn’t eat root veggies and grains to ground me, I think I’d literally fly away.

I’m thinking it could be good for long mediation sessions as raw food is usually easily digested and leaves you feeling light and with a crisp mind. 

As @Michael569 said, on the long run it’s gonna be difficult to get everything you need as such a diet is not nutritionally adequate.
Especially protein, calcium and zinc. If you wanna be serious about this, maybe get some raw protein powder and supplements (and do a lot more research on it).

It’ll be hella expensive too! I only do it in the summer when I’m able to grow most of what I eat myself.
I also couldn’t do without warm, cooked, spiced food when it’s cold outside, but that’s just me.

If you do it, you’ll have to eat a lot, eat often, chew a lot, pay a lot. You can for starters try to maybe eat one raw meal a day or just incorporate more raw fruits and veggies in general and see how you feel. A combination of both works best for me.

It’s not true (from my research) that eating a vegetable raw for example is always better than cooked.
Cooking makes some nutrients more absorbable and others less. It’s just different.

@flume Spiritually speaking, the less you consume the more light-energy you transmute into required nutrients. This is why many people don't understand what is happening when they eat only raw and they panic and go back to heavier foods. I know a few who have been only raw their whole lives and are as healthy as a walnut :)

Its a natural process, this is why meditation and spiritual practice is important so you can get the downloads you need to process and understand what is happening to you on a vibrational level. Many go raw or vegan without the calling then it backfires because they have done it out of a mental/emotional level rather than a spiritual understanding.