emind

If We Live in A Simulation, Is Enlightenment an Illusion?

35 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No!!!

Why didnt I type like this before haha

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Mikael89  Yeah i considered this but with consciousness, Its certainly possible, that a multiverse is possible.  

The electron itself does pop in and out of existence. But not in the way you expect it, when you look at it its there, when you don't its not there because its not in your direct observation its not real. This quantum mechanics itself actually debunking its own field. why you may ask? well because anything you write about the subject itself, all the rationale behind it, is itself not true, in the highest sense. But it is true from a relative sense. So thats why the field still remains popular to be the thing to find out what reality is made out of. However, it never will because science itself needs someone to look into a telescope, to look at the whole sky at once and not the only part their seeing. 

so ill ask you can you look at everything in the world all together at once with a telescope? 

The problem here is, that creation theory itself suggests the created and the creator, so QM could infinitely zoom into their small section with their own telescope and seeing 10 if not 100 components of what an electron is made of. Still they will never find true. The point here ,is you can't look at the whole with only a piece , you have only two options, give up everything you know about the whole, or piece everything of the whole together. 

@Geromekevin I found myself agreeing with pretty much everything you said. I dont mean to bash on Leo or anyone else, specially given that he is way, way more advanced than I am. But it seems to me that invoking science has become anathema to this community, at least when it comes to metaphysical topics. Forgetting of course that science is the only reason why this community exists in the first place (electricity, computers, the internet). Also, many of the advice that Leo gives, helpful as it is, is based on scientific research, i.e. his videos on how to lose weight, or how to gain confidence, etc. 

Of course you could ad hominem me and tell me that Im close minded and stuck at stage orange, but that doesnt really say anything about the argument itself.

I love you Leo! Again I dont mean to be harsh or anything, just my honest take.

Edited by emind

39 minutes ago, emind said:

Forgetting of course that science is the only reason why this community exists in the first place (electricity, computers, the internet).

No, all of that is God's imagination.

LOL

You are hopelessly lost, son. Lost in your own mind. Listen to the wisdom of those who have escaped their minds.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Unicorns ? Wish them and you'll get them. 

Time to kill the Buddha but it is like killing your own baby. 

@Leo Gura Come on Leo! Dont tell me that! Its really hard hitting for someone I admire so much to tell me Im lost! :(

I mean, I know I shouldnt get lost in concepts and abstractions, but, shouldnt I be able to use them to a certain extent?

1 hour ago, emind said:

@Leo Gura Come on Leo! Dont tell me that! Its really hard hitting for someone I admire so much to tell me Im lost! :(

I mean, I know I shouldnt get lost in concepts and abstractions, but, shouldnt I be able to use them to a certain extent?

I have warned you guys so many times about self-deception.

Go back and re-watch my self-deception 3 part series. It's very important and you still don't appreciate how serious this problem is.

This work is devilishly tricky.

No, you cannot use concepts or science if you wish to understand the deepest levels of what reality is. There is no reason why you should feel entitled to that.

Sure, I use concepts all the time to teach, but the difference is, I understand their limitation whereas you do not.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

31 minutes ago, emind said:

My all time favorite Leo video :)

It's Love.

One way to look at it is there are different orientations on how one builds constructs and concepts. They vast vast majority of humans use constructs and concepts to speculate and try to figure things out. Then there are the very small minority that have deep direct experience and awakenings, realize it is impossible to explain via constructs/concepts and also realize that's the main mode of human communication - so they do their best to explain the unexplainable through construction concepts, understanding that it isn't "IT". (Which I am doing now).

For example, imagine a planet "Glemdosh". One orientation is to speculate what Glemdosh might be like and build constructs and concepts. Another orientation is to actually go and experience Glemdosh and return utterly speechless. "Holy crap, there are no words to explain Glemdosh. How the heck can I possibly explain that?". This person may do their best to explain Glemdosh, knowing full well the limitations of language and any explanation they give cannot capture Glemdosh. The former person is generally attached to and identified with their view. The latter person is not. They understand the explanation is an imperfect pointer that has nothing to do with them personally.

The irony is that Glemdosh is always apparent Here and Now, yet humans get distracted and live within a dream story constructed of thoughts and concepts.

@emind Keep in mind, like some people in this thread said, you could also be right and the others are lost.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:52 AM, Leo Gura said:

No!

Simulation is a duality and therefore an illusion.

Stop listening to materialist scientists. They are clueless about metaphysics & consciousness.

Leo,

The "materialist scientists" as you call them may be onto something.  They strike me as being no less credible as many of the posters here when talking about metaphysics and consciousness, as well as the, frankly, incredible claims of personal godhood by your like-minded actualizers.  

6 minutes ago, Christian Jackson said:

Leo,

The "materialist scientists" as you call them may be onto something.  They strike me as being no less credible as many of the posters here when talking about metaphysics and consciousness, as well as the, frankly, incredible claims of personal godhood by your like-minded actualizers.    

That's a good sign. Spiritual inquiry is no place for beliefs. Don't believe on the "materialist scientists", don't believe in the "like-minded actualizers", don't believe in Buddha, don't believe in Jesus, don't believe in the Bible, don't believe in the Qur'an.

What's is left for the mind?

unborn Truth

@Christian Jackson no prob.  Go out there with the scientists and see if you can discover where the Big Bang came from.

May the force be with you.

Also maybe study Quantum mechanics and see how even Einstein came to realize that the nature of reality is mystical.  Even the founding fathers of Quantum Mechanics realized this because they were visionaries.  Some may have went on to become mystics.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.