mandyjw

The Giving Tree

401 posts in this topic

Nothing is ever wasted. That's a freeing insight I want to go deeper with at some point.

"Waste not, want not." xD It should go, "want not, waste not." I love cliches. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

19 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@mandyjw

Nice! ??

I would say that even unconsciousness is not a waste. Unconsciousness has a purpose, and it is to serve consciousness. That's its nature and its rightful place.

Edited by Truth Addict

Please tell me, does it work? 

The end of this made me cry and laugh at the same time. She's brilliant. 

The process of enlightenment could be described as opening your mind and heart to include the entire world until the mind sinks into the heart and there is no world, no inner, no outer. This is an attempt at explaining anyway. You cannot open your mind without opening you heart and vice versa. I'm confused about the difference between the mind and the heart. Ramana Maharshi says that the ego, the "I" thought originates in the heart and the thought travels up to the mind where words, language and story are applied. I always tended to demonize the mind and think that the heart was pure in comparison. 

https://www.quora.com/Which-hero-stories-from-around-the-world-do-not-fit-into-Joseph-Campbells-theory-of-the-archetypal-hero

Mischa Alyea, Author of "The Basics of Mysticism"

Answered Oct 7, 2018

"The pregnant Goddess figurines from the Neolithic come to mind. They emerged at the time agriculture was being perfected. The pregnancy was not a physical event that resulted in the birth of a live child. It was a divine event that resulted in giving birth to the masculine qualities (Jung called this the animus) within the female psyche. Women leaders were required to experience the emergence of the animus, since it gave them the ability to use the logical capacities within left-brain.

Rain was considered the semen of Father Sky. Ancient peoples related the downward movement of the rain with the process of pollination. The pollination from Father Sky caused the Virgin Birth. It is the individuation process for women. It brings peace and opens the logical areas of the brain. The Nativity in Christianity and The Secret of the Golden Flower in the Buddhist/Taoist traditions are prime examples of stories that do not fit the Joseph Campbell monomyth model.

The Hero's Journey is the individuation process for men. It involves the killing of the ego. This path brings compassion and opens the creative areas of the brain."

Last night I had an experience of being immersed in golden light, everything was yellow. I can't remember which happened first but I woke up and the skies opened up and poured for just a minute. I got up and had my eyes closed and the lightning lit up the room and seemed intensely bright for having my eyes closed and spooked me for a second.

Later I went back to sleep and one of our smoke alarms malfunctioned, but only for a second, and then again for another few beeps. I got up and checked the house but everything was fine. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0062501933/ref=rdr_ext_tmb

Translator, Thomas Cleary. I couldn't have imagined a better name. 

4 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Last night I had an experience of being immersed in golden light, everything was yellow.

There is an old abandoned mine a couple of miles behind my house in the national forest. 15 years ago when 

I was in a period of experimenting with meditation in this cave, I experienced the sudden presence of a subtle light which seem to be coming from behind me because this light was mostly experienced in my periphrial vision. During this time I experienced this a number of times when meditating in this completely darkened cave.

The other night after I smoked some NN dmt I experienced this peripheral light once again in my completely darkened bedroom. It's definite but very subtle.

Years ago when Arnold Keyserling was alive he, as he put it, "heavily recommended" this book but the copy I got was Richard Wilhelm's and had a hard time trying to read it. I think I've lost it somewhere anyway. 

IMG_0679.JPG

I need to try Thomas Clearly's translated version to see if maybe I can get along better with it. I appreciate the idea and reminder. Ive read another of Thomas Clearly's books and got through it ok.

IMG_0680.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot I ordered it, the sample on Amazon seemed quite readable. For what I can glean, there's a difference in paths, kundalini energy being different from the path of "light". It also seems very tied with feminine and masculine energies and what paths are needed to integrate them, what's the missing piece of the puzzle so to speak? 

The first time I sat down to meditate I was pregnant with my daughter and I closed my eyes and almost immediately had a strong insight, "I am light." I didn't meditate much at all after until recently. 

@mandyjw Not sure if my comment is appreciated or if this is interesting. The white light is called Nimitta as far as I searched I found this to be the technical definition of the experience of white light, even if it is interpreted differently. 

http://rc.leighb.com/more/Nimitta.htm

I've had similar experiences so that is why I want to share this, hope this is helpful in understanding all of this. (I did not read the whole page)

@ValiantSalvatore  Very interesting! 

Am reading about it now. Thank you! Thank you!

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@ValiantSalvatore Thank you! 

Today is 8-8, Lion's Gate. 

HOLY SHIT. This woman is AMAZING! 

https://www.amazon.com/Grail-Path-Achieving-Transformation-Emotional/dp/0692558837/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=the+grail+path&qid=1565441524&s=gateway&sr=8-4

"The Grail Path and The Hero's Journey are diametrically opposite paths. The Grail Path utilizes the Divine Power of Grace to cleanse the inner being and grow the Divine Child. The Hero's Journey uses the Divine Power of Kundalini to initiate the inner transformation of killing the ego and heightening the sense. It does not matter if you call these twins Dark and Light, Bread and Wine, Yin and Yang, Lightning and Snake, or Adam and Eve. These mystical twins, through their metaphorical portrayals, show up through the ages and in a multitude of cultures." 

Hence, women fearing the snake and the snake deceiving Eve. She even says that's why Masons never allowed women to join. In the past people assumed that women's brains were wired emotional/creative and men's were wired logical, now we know that while that's the trend that it's not gender that defines that. 

The Didache, begins "There are two ways, one of life and one of death, and there is a great difference between these two ways." 

There are two different spiritual energies. Duality itself runs deeper than can be thought.

"The Tao produced the One.

The One produced the Two.

The two produced the Three.

The three produced ALL things." 

"The Holy Grail is not an object that can be found in the physical world. It resides within the psyche and can only be seen through the mind's eye or imagination. The mindset and practices of the seeker create the Holy Grail, The Cosmic Egg, and the Divine Child. During the entire transformation, the Kundalini does not rise through the base chakra, which means that the Heiros Gamos does not take place. This is why the seeker of the grail is called a "Virgin" and why another name for this spiritual path in The Virgin's path. " Mischa V Alyea

https://www.amazon.com/Grail-Path-Achieving-Transformation-Emotional/dp/0692558837/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=the+grail+path&qid=1565441524&s=gateway&sr=8-4

I should have known it was happening backwards for me. I kept getting headaches whenever I tried to raise energy.