mandyjw

The Giving Tree

401 posts in this topic

@mandyjw You know, as I'm going through the Meditations on Tarot, I seriously consider becoming a Christian.

The ancient rites have lost their effectiveness since Christianity appeared in the world. The Christian and Catholic religion, in fact, is the legitimate daughter of Jesus, king of the Mages. A simple scapular worn by a truly Christian person is a more invincible talisman than the ring and pentacle of Solomon. The Mass is the most prodigious of evocations. Necromancers evoke the dead, the sorcerer evokes the devil and he shakes, but the Catholic priest does not tremble in evoking the living God. Catholics alone have priests because they alone have the altar and the offering, i.e. the whole of religion. To practise high Magic is to compete with the Catholic priesthood; it is to be a dissident priest. Rome is the great Thebes of the new initiation…It has crypts for its catacombs; for talismen, its rosaries and medallions; for a magic chain, its congregations; for magnetic fires, its convents; for centres of attraction, its confessionals; for means of expansion, its pulpits and the addresses of its bishops; it has, lastly, its Pope, the Man-God rendered visible. (Eliphas Lévi, Le Grande Arcane ou l’occultisme dévoilé, Paris, 1921, pp. 67-68, 83-84)

Anonymous . Meditations on the Tarot (p. 107). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. 

The Eucharist is the whole of Christianity; and through it Christianity has become living magic…Since Jesus there are still sorcerers, (but) there are no more mages. (Joséphin Péladan, L’occulte catholique, Paris, 1898, p. 312)

Anonymous . Meditations on the Tarot (p. 108). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. 

This fucking book. If I haven't gone through what this book is describing I would consider it to be some garbage propaganda.
It's a work of pure genius. Jesus was a fucking genius, it's just impossible for a man to devise this thing.

There are works of art that make people cry, like movies or theater. There are works of art that can change people's lives like books.
But to make a spectacle that makes people go insane 2000 years after the death of an artist is a work of God.
No man could have devised such thing. The only way is emptying the cup and being divinely inspired.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki You can imagine why I get a little triggered when people who say that are nondualists worship Buddha and don't appreciate Jesus. They both have their own magic. Buddha gave us a blank and clear path which cut out a lot of confusion and misunderstanding, Jesus was all the way down the rabbit hole and unfortunately the misunderstandings had severe consequences. He said he came to start a fire, so it was all perfect. I don't even begin to understand everything about Jesus. Have you tried to make sense of the gospel of Judas yet? I would be really interested and also afraid to hear your interpretation of it. 

Those quotes really helped me connect the dots with Catholicism. Protestants see all the rituals that Catholics partake in as distraction. They are both correct of course. 

I'm doing ok with 1000 again, so far but I'm noticing that a lot of things are bringing up ego backlash. I'm feel like I'm able to recognize and see through it more quickly though. I have a strong tendency to run off like a scared little bunny and hide lately. I want someone to reassure me and take care of me. But that's just a facade, an act and I'm like the bunny from Monty Python if I'm a  bunny at all, and I'm only scared of myself. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

50 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You can imagine why I get a little triggered when people who say that are nondualists worship Buddha and don't appreciate Jesus. They both have their own magic. Buddha gave us a blank and clear path which cut out a lot of confusion and misunderstanding, Jesus was all the way down the rabbit hole and unfortunately the misunderstandings had severe consequences. He said he came to start a fire, so it was all perfect. I don't even begin to understand everything about Jesus. Have you tried to make sense of the gospel of Judas yet? I would be really interested and also afraid to hear your interpretation of it. 

Severe consequences? Are you talking about his crucifixion, or the backlash the world is still having?
Jesus could not have possibly cared for being crucified. He was in pain and agony, but he could not have possibly regretted a single thing.
Jesus was the last magician. We're talking about magic so powerful, that it gave birth to the technological age, just imagine that.
An age where Catholic priests cast magic rituals without even understanding what they are doing. It's just insane when you think about it.

I just read the gospel of Judas with minimal prior exposure to the Bible. I only read parts of the book of Job.
The gospel of Judas seems like it's about the end of the technological age. It's funny when you think about just how Jesus talks to Judas.
It's like Jesus is perfectly aware of the fact that he's talking to himself, but Judas is just playing dumb. It's like he's being prepared for being a next prophet in the future (now?).

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Those quotes really helped me connect the dots with Catholicism. Protestants see all the rituals that Catholics partake in as distraction. They are both correct of course.

No, protestants don't understand.
Rituals are important, but the fact that they are not recognized within the Catholic Church as magic is fundamental to its operation.

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

I'm doing ok with 1000 again, so far but I'm noticing that a lot of things are bringing up ego backlash. I'm feel like I'm able to recognize and see through it more quickly though. I have a strong tendency to run off like a scared little bunny and hide lately. I want someone to reassure me and take care of me. But that's just a facade, an act and I'm like the bunny from Monty Python if I'm a  bunny at all, and I'm only scared of myself. 

Good. I can't wait to hear your opinions on the Meditations on the Tarot.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

44 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Severe consequences? Are you talking about his crucifixion, or the backlash the world is still having?

The backlash. 

Magic is a distraction. Unless magic is done with full understanding of non-doership it is a distraction, potentially a very dangerous one. When magic is done with non-doership it is just the will of God, a miracle, creation or nothing at all really. Magic is perhaps the most difficult thing to "do" from the pure place of non-doership. It often requires a helpful entity and the one calling upon powers outside oneself. There can be no discernment between magic and not magic without self or doership involved. 

This is perhaps why the Catholic church has been one of the most destructive religious organizations in history. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

20 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Magic is a distraction

Not according to Meditations on Tarot and my personal experience.
Divine magic is the art through which mysticism (practical non-doership) has to be expressed.

There are various kinds of magic, but divine magic is distinct from the others that it cannot be used for any other end than Good.
It's sole purpose is liberation, its source is explicitly recognized, and failure results in ego death for the magician (loss of sense of self-importance).

20 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

This is perhaps why the Catholic church has been one of the most destructive religious organizations in history. 

Please, tell me more.

Edited by tsuki

@tsuki Mostly in that they heavily practiced spiritual elitism. People were not good enough for the word of God, it was too sacred to be read and understood by the masses. And BTW lots of people were murdered. 

I'm starting to understand some of their logic for keeping secrets. Damn this open-mindedness. But the time for secrets has passed. 

@mandyjw Religion is not for uneducated people. The Bible is a gnostic tool, sacred knowledge that is akin to the Arcana of the Tarot. It is used for inducing mystical experiences and contemplating them. It is just INSANE how advanced this stuff is. It's just impossible, I just cannot believe this.

Their elitism is relatable in the sense that true faith is only seen when one has rid oneself from all beliefs. Beliefs are understood here as something external towards which hope for salvation is placed (like science, technology, church, and even God). Only the complete standstill and utter surrender is true faith. It is the stable no-mind of Buddhism.

If an uninitiated person comes to you for help - this very act is an act of belief. If someone believes in God and hopes that God solves his problems, then these people must be told what to do because they can't take care of themselves. You cannot teach someone to think for themselves because they will follow your teaching and show you that they can't think for themselves lol.

It's not elitism Mandy. You're a saint.

Edited by tsuki

enjoy the discussion here.

@tsukiyou say we cannot teach someone to think for themselves but does this mean we cannot educate them about self empowerment? I've been feeling conflicted with sharing the holistic psychology instagram posts because i feel as if it encourages the development of beliefs. I begin to question why I even partake in looking at her instagram posts as it seems to go against freeing myself from my own webs. Perhaps it has to do with how one looks upon the posts on whether it will actually promote self empowerment 

@tsuki The magic of religion is that it evolves and transforms itself to be whatever a person wants, needs or desires. You see the Bible as a mirror. Truly, God meets people on all levels. Jesus's death tore the curtains in the temple, allowing the path of God to open to everyone. My path to truth in this life started as a little girl, given the Bible and told it was true with minimal guidance. 

It has to be for all and everyone, or we are not one. 

The English language is such a joke. whole and hole. xD

41 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

you say we cannot teach someone to think for themselves but does this mean we cannot educate them about self empowerment? I've been feeling conflicted with sharing the holistic psychology instagram posts because i feel as if it encourages the development of beliefs. I begin to question why I even partake in looking at her instagram posts as it seems to go against freeing myself from my own webs. Perhaps it has to do with how one looks upon the posts on whether it will actually promote self empowerment 

Self-empowerment is the act of giving power to the self. It is a matter of two things: first and foremost - power, and secondly - giving.
To give power to the self is to pledge allegiance to something greater to it. It can be science, church, state, or personal skill derived from unconscious mechanisms (like beauty, charm, intelligence and so forth). Among these forces, there are hierarchies of power that declare which rules over which under various circumstances. The choice of the source of power is incredibly important due to its capability and mode of operation. There are good forms of power such as cooperation ('I will do my best to be capable and let others join me for our shared benefit') and bad forms of power ('I will coerce others to follow my command under the threat of violence'). Unfortunately, modes of operation and the hierarchy of power are dynamic, so education is bound to be forever unfinished. The same thing applies to the quest of self-empowerment.

Ultimately, that is because self-empowerment is grounded in power as opposed to freedom. The connection between power and freedom is through the fact that we have personal will and this will is absolutely free. To will anything else other than to stop willing things altogether is to give yourself to the way of power. To follow the path of freedom is to make room for revelations sent by God. Revelations seem like you are becoming yourself more than you've ever been, while at the same time, you cannot believe that they came from you. In the path of freedom, there is room for knowledge only as long as it is used to express the revelations in a way that frees others.

I hope that helps.

Edited by tsuki

32 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

It has to be for all and everyone, or we are not one. 

It is! Religion is not a dogma, but some people need dogma to cope with life!
That is an authentic, spiritual, way of using the Bible - to patch your world and forget your pain, even if for just a bit.
They come to priests for consolation and receive a spectacle that raises their spirits.
To practice mysticism one first needs to establish a firm ground on this Earth and not need consolation.
Some people won't make it, but if they focus on their material well-being, maybe their children will? They are their parents, after all.

You do not appreciate just how spiritually advanced you are @mandyjw.
How many things had to come together perfectly so that you could enjoy your death.
That is not stupidity - that is genuine humility and it is precisely what makes you so awakened.

Edited by tsuki

You can't be awake and also appreciate how awake you are, you silly. I've fallen into that trap a few times and will again I'm sure. You can only see you Are in everyone. 

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You can't be awake and also appreciate how awake you are, you silly.

If that was the case, then there would be no genuinely enlightened masters like Christ, Buddha, or Lao Tzu.
If they weren't sure of their enlightenment, then their honesty and authenticity wouldn't let them teach.
Just like your honesty and authenticity will not let you teach until you're done.

Edited by tsuki

There you go, dashing my dreams of becoming the next Osho. 

@mandyjw I just watched your video. You really are self-conscious about the fact that you're teaching xD

@tsuki Stop creating my reality. It's MY reality. xDxDxD

@mandyjw Ohohoho, now we're suddenly separated, huh?

Edited by tsuki

Not sure what to think of what you wrote @tsuki

going to look at it again later. 

Life has got to be our greatest teacher, my life’s been a complete train wreck these past few days and I’ve caused it all...?

simply doing a rebuild now but who knows when the pains going to be enough that I turn to Love 

Edited by DrewNows

You might enjoy this one @mandyjw@tsuki 

“Teal Swan on the Darkside of the Light”

near the end she speaks about Luciferian and Christ consciousness