Kushu2000

Understanding Heaven And Hell

3 posts in this topic

This would probably be the most interesting episode (at least for me). I would like to know what Hell really is ( maybe you can explore the so called "hell realms") and in general I would like to hear Leo's voice in this matter. Is hell real?? Is there really eternal hellfire? Does enlightenment entail that you ARE hell? We've been talking about heaven/nirvana all along, so i guess talking about heaven would be pretty redundant at this point. Hell, however... Would love to hear about that. 

On 6/12/2019 at 4:29 AM, Kushu2000 said:

This would probably be the most interesting episode (at least for me). I would like to know what Hell really is ( maybe you can explore the so called "hell realms") and in general I would like to hear Leo's voice in this matter. Is hell real?? Is there really eternal hellfire? Does enlightenment entail that you ARE hell? We've been talking about heaven/nirvana all along, so i guess talking about heaven would be pretty redundant at this point. Hell, however... Would love to hear about that. 

Here are the interpretations of hell and heaven in Sufi Islam:

Hell (Jahannam):

(Jahannam) is distance (bu'd) from, and forgetfulness of, Allah. Man finds himself in Hell when he imagines that there actually is a real chasm between Allah and himself.

Hellfire ( nar )

The nar is a reality in this life and a reality in the Hereafter. It is experienced in this life when one is in a state of forgetfulness of, and separation from, Allah.

Paradise ( al-jannah )

(Al Jannah) is nearness to Allah. There are times in this life when Paradise may be experienced to a very high degree such as when the hearer is overwhelmed by ecstasy during the Spiritual Concert or when the intensity of the spiritual affinity existing between two lovers of Allah actually transports them to the celestial realm. The dhakir who is engaged in the perpetual Remembrance of Allah actually sits in Paradise (Al Jannah) because 'I am sitting with the one who remembers Me'. Paradise is the Divine Presence Itself.

From http://www.almirajsuficentre.org.au/qamus/search

The modern concept of 'religions' as a 'set of beliefs did not exist 300 years before.'  So, when you are talking about Hinduism, you are talking about many scriptures with many interpretations. When you are talking about Islam, you are talking about one scripture with many interpretations. When you are talking about Christianity,  it is more about what that one person Jesus taught and many interpretations of that teaching. 

The usual understanding of ‘hell’ as a physical place where people suffer was just a social tool created by Plato. It was exclusively for people who didn't listen to reason or can’t think. So if someone thinks he is not smart, he can continue believing in an eternal hell because the belief is meant exactly for him. xD This idea of Plato was adopted by Christianity and also used by Muhammad.

But the spiritual interpretation of ‘hell’ in all mystic traditions like Christian mysticism, Sufism or many schools of thoughts in India (which has been now thought of as a single homogeneous religion) is just the temporary suffering that people go through in real life.

I recommend reading the following two posts to better understand the confusion caused by modern concept of religions, which reduced ‘a way of life’ into a ‘set of beliefs’ :

12 Shocking Truths About Religions

Did Hinduism, Christianity, Islam and Judaism Copy from Each Other?

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Kushu2000 This was answered in his video on the devil and religions. Hell is attachment to the ego. Simple as that. Heaven is the opposite, detachment from the ego.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho