Bill W

Actualized.org members jobs, studies etc.

60 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Keyhole said:

I'm unemployed - disability, autoimmune disease - I spend a huge chunk out of my day learning about different things - have no plans for work as my passion, and the reason that I am in this human body is for spiritual growth.  As folks have said - sometimes spiritual progress requires those to ride on the shoulders of others.
I don't waste this money on nonsense - it goes towards bills and taking great care of my three pets - who benefit from having a human home with them 24/7.  Most of the day I have the pleasure just to Be.  

What pets you have? 

7 hours ago, Keyhole said:

@SFRL I have a chihuahua mix named Peanut - 7 months old, and two ginger tabby siblings - cats - Sandy and Rusty, they are 3.5 yrs

That's cool. I would like to have pets. I work too much. 

1 minute ago, Cocolove said:

@SFRL I have 5 dogs. Get yourself some dogs

They say people look like their dogs. 

College Student studying Philosophy. 

Aspiring to become  a motivational speaker(life purpose). 

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

@electroBeam @Mihajlo Toviovic

I'm currently a high school student intending to study theoretical physics and merge physics and spirituality. I think a thread with a compilation of such resources would be very useful. :)

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute one day.

Edited by Jj13

Building an environmental retreat which was started by my aunt before she died of cancer. I have much left to learn so I am basically spending all my time reading, and meditating. We hope to have a permaculture style farm eventually, but that is probably not gonna happen for awhile. I also have plans of getting some kind of psychotherapy degree, I really love helping people get threw there deep emotional baggage. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Unemployed living with parents. I've been in and out of jobs over the past 5 years. These jobs have consisted of Tennis coach, City truck driver, Plant Nursery worker. I've always had a a big emphasis on doing jobs where I'm actually helping society in some measurable way. I have a long list of jobs that I feel are bringing living beings and this earth downward. On top of this I have a disdain for corrupt hierarchical systems which limit my creativity and autonomy.

I deeply love studying psychology, spirituality, philosophy and self-help. I spend much of my day committed to obtaining new skills and knowledge. I try to be as minimalist efficient and conservative as I can living with my parents but am finally beginning to run low on finances. I know I have to start working soon and am mortified all my time for learning what I love will come to an end as I am forced into some menial job because my lack of credentials. Feels bad. But I'm thankful for all I have learned and been given in my life. 

Currently studying finance, only have 2 semesters until graduation...

I don't like my major at all though, I wish I got into something like education or psychology but it's far too late to change now.

Also currently working for Travelex, a foreign currency exchange store found in pretty much all airports.

@RickyBalboa How do you feel about the consciousness of your family? My parents don't really do much besides go to work, watch TV and go for walks, which in a sense is a nice simple life. Though they're important to me, I'm pretty unhappy with that level of consciousness around me because I want to be around more conscious influences. 

I guess that's just a trade-off of living with your parents 

@RickyBalboa Could you find a job and stick with it? I use to be unemployed and had some finances troubles too.

You need money to buy books so you can study what you like, and maybe you need to sacrifice have a job you like, at least for a while.

I am still studying jazz in college while working part time as a janitor. I have my first jazz gig in about a week so I am very excited! And at the centre of all of that I make music for the simple joy of creating and loosing my self in my own little world:)

Sailing on the ceiling 

Work in finance and accounting.

My passion lies in One Health that aims to merge the health concerns of Humans and Animals together. I am saving to get a degree in Vet Med, and looking to do charity work to aid animal welfare, and then get work as a vet in remote places like the Amazon/Borneo to save endangered species with vet medicine.

@Bill W Used to work in Insurance. I have one BS in Marketing, working on another BS in Leadership, then will work toward my MIT masters in supply chain. Will get back to the workforce next year. 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

On 7/7/2019 at 0:05 AM, Consilience said:

I fell hook line and sinker into the student debt cash cow

So was it worth it?

It's Love.

Poker Player..mostly internet right now.  I did a four year stint in the military, was an accountant, and a few classes short of my masters.  I love poker though, but just need to bring love to the game in some form since its a fairly selfish profession.   I might be able to help a few degen gamblers turn it around or something along those lines.

I work in a tea shop.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

Video game programmer. Gonna start an internship at Zoink in September.

The road to God is paved with bliss.