Bill W

Actualized.org members jobs, studies etc.

60 posts in this topic

Master's degree in mechanical engineering.
I work as a technologist at a mold making company.

I'm programming CNC milling machines, overseeing the design of the molds and their manufacturing.
In spare time I run simulations for injection processes and meet clients from time to time.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

cofounder of a company that makes healthcare robots. I do mathematics and research and development.

I'm currently trying to steer my career towards being a leading scientist. My dream is to make physics and mathematical theorems and concepts describing the nature of the work of shamans, yogis and paranormal phenomena. I'm getting there slowly. I've managed to merge spirituality and my career into one thing, which is great because I've centered my entire life and survival around spiritual insights.

I have a PhD on electrical engineering, finished about two years ago. Getting the degree helped me move from Latin-america to Europe and increase my quality of life. Those four years were great in terms of creativity, which is something I really like. I thought I would find something similar on the industry, but the past two years have been very frustrating, I have a full-time job as software engineer in a multinational company that develops automation systems for the food industry.

Zero space for creativity, a lot of falsehood, cult-dynamics and almost everything is money-driven, there are a few good things like the salary and very low stress, but not worth it. So yes! I will definitely do not see me doing this on a long term, I am currently planning an strategy to actualize my life purpose and be more authentic.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

On 6/13/2019 at 8:33 PM, ajasatya said:

it's VERY HARD for us to make profit.

Do you still make a lot of money?

3 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Do you still make a lot of money?

My paycheck is relatively high, but the company's balance is still red for now (slowly migrating to neutral and then to green).

unborn Truth

I work as an electronics technologist for a company that works in the radio frequency field. For studies, I did two two-year programs in electronics engineering. 

We are a small company, so I get to do more interesting and diverse work of design and testing of various circuits.

One interesting project we have is a prototype power generator for an electric space propulsion engine. It is used for satellites and potentially may be used for missions to Mars. 

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

On 14.6.2019. at 2:54 PM, electroBeam said:

cofounder of a company that makes healthcare robots. I do mathematics and research and development.

I'm currently trying to steer my career towards being a leading scientist. My dream is to make physics and mathematical theorems and concepts describing the nature of the work of shamans, yogis and paranormal phenomena. I'm getting there slowly. I've managed to merge spirituality and my career into one thing, which is great because I've centered my entire life and survival around spiritual insights.

Nice. I study theoretical physics and share almost the same life purpose with you. Do you have any recommendations (books, websites, etc.) for integrating spirituality and scince?

@Mihajlo Toviovic  I have been somehow intuitively drawn towards that major too, with little to no current expertise. It certainly resonates with many of the values i hold dearly though i am unsure wether it would be their most accurate manifestation.  I have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

• do the subjects matters get put into a broader metaphysical context or is it merely materialistic contemplation?
  • do your studies ever inspire awe in yourself?
  • did your studies change your understanding of the universe actually or just theoretically?
  • did it change the way you relate to yourself and your life and other people?

Some other questions I could not articulate unfortunately. Would you recommend it to someone who is on this forum and thereby probably interested in its topics?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

have a nice you all! :)

18 hours ago, Mihajlo Toviovic said:

Nice. I study theoretical physics and share almost the same life purpose with you. Do you have any recommendations (books, websites, etc.) for integrating spirituality and scince?

Hi Mihajlo Tovivic, if this is a valuable resource, we could start a thread where we all post valuable material for this specific life purpose. Lets make a renaissance 2.0 together!

Here are several books which have helped me get a grasp of my life purpose:

1. The structures of Scientific revolutions
2. Einstein's biography
3. Monadology
4. Rupert Sheldrake's book on science

5. Douglas Hofstadler's book on Godel6. This book on chaos theory
7. Max Plank's biography
8. Newton's biography: his works on alchemy and God are particularly useful insights.
9. This book on how to be a good scientist.
10. this book gave me a great foundation for how authentic science should be done

I've still yet to read books on quantum mechanics. 

I've also read and applied several shaman books, astral projection books, etc. 

And I've taken several online courses specifically on mathematics and science to develop that area

Also politics are valuable to master as the biggest challenge with becoming a scientist is changing the beliefs of the scientific community. 

@loub The same answer applies to all your questions: yes and no. It all depeends on you. I work realy hard to go successfully metaphysical and spiritual in science, but you must at first be patient because it could easy be ''wrong way''. First, study realy hard math and core physics subjects, then start with philosophy of science and then try to go metaphysical. Many times I had great ideas during my studies and have experienced almost mystical insights, but it is so hard to transform it to science. 

Anyways, work hard and be mindful of why are you doing scince. There are a lot of things yet to be found in fundamental science. Good luck! :) 

@electroBeam Thank you! Perhaps, we should create another subforum where we would share insights and ideas for new foundation of science and how to make it real. I realy think it must be non-academic way, the way of true autodidacts. I think physical cosmology is the next kick for materialism, because it clearly shows we need new methods for doing science. A nice chance to fuse science and spirituality. :) 

Anyone else want to contribute to this?

I'm just finished College  (Computer Programming )

I used to have 2 YouTube channels that made some money. 

Now i have at home a electronics repair shop. That i work when i want. And 80% i sell online. and i import  phone accessories from china and sell it in my country.

///////

I do Music Video's for free atm.  

///////

At the same time my Uncle Repairs Refrigerators and home electronics. And i help him sell Freon ( That thing that make's your car cold and your Refrigerator cold ) and with this i make an extra buck.

Edited by ActualizedDavid

I´m technical drawer, work with Revit and Autocad. Currently without a job thoug :ph34r:

I'm a highschooler reading this forum to look for career ideas

I'm a Personal Trainer/Weekend Fitness Director (I manage the training team on the weekends) at a big box gym.  

I fell hook line and sinker into the student debt cash cow and graduated with a two degrees. One in Kinesiology and one in Nutrition and $100k in student debt.

Current plan is to become a project manager, fully integrate and master Stage Orange as I work in a business setting, while paying off loans. I also am intreguid by learning how to manage micro and macro systems simultaneously, which a project manager would certainly need to be capable of. Plus it pays a hell of a lot more than PT. Even though I love health and fitness, it's not my life purpose.

My Life Purpose is to help others become conscious of their authentic self by essentially guiding them towards deeper and deeper levels of self understanding on emotional, mental, physical and spiritual levels. I'd like to find a way to open up a retreat like setting that does meditation, contemplation, and perhaps even psychedelic retreats once psychedelics are fully legal, and create workshops. But this is a long term, 15-20+ years down the line goal that requires a shit ton of personal development on a multitude of levels. 

Edited by Consilience

I study applied psychology in Antwerp, Belgium. I'm from the Netherlands and used to study product engineering, but I decide to choose something that fits my personality more. I chose the sector Organization and workforce. I discovered that I have talent for training and coaching, primary coaching. I want to use this ability, but a lot of people try to talk me down, because when I graduate I'm only 23 which is young according to teachers. My next internship will be guiding people who have difficulties finding work like 50+, refugees or other specific groups.

I would like to combine coaching with travel in the future.

I'm done soon with my B.A. in Psychology but no clue yet if I will continue to get a M.A. I'm not employed now.

I am a rising undergrade Freshman at Naropa University in Boulder Colorado (home in chicago for summer). Im currently undecided on what I want to study. Their Relious studies program seems most in tune with my interests, passions, and practices(Meditation, understanding happiness and wellbeing, mystical/transcendent states of consciousness, the unity of form with formless). 

I'm just trying to deviour as much information, videos, and books as I can. I'm in a summer break of letting go and falling in love with the groundless moment. And trying to give space for inspiration to arise. Inspiration to create melding of personal and spiritual development, a medium/an art/means of creation of passionate mastery, a source of help to others, and a livable salary wage

Any advice is appreciated!

I do bank accounting. University graduate with a Master's.