Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LiakosN

No one is 100% genuine

4 posts in this topic

No one is 100% genuine and that was the reason why she left me..

I told her that you need to "spiritually wake up" in order to become 100% genuine..

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

I appreciate this might not be helpful but when I read your thread title I couldn't help think of two powerful things I've read.

Slightly paraphrasing, but only slightly.

Don Miguel Ruiz - You are the most important character in your own movie, but a secondary character in everyone else's movie. We are all the star in our own movie. When someone does something we don't like, we move their character into a different role, or write them out of the movie altogether. You cannot be the main character in someone else's movie.

Harville Hendrix - In a relationship there is the initial honeymoon period where both people accommodate each others reality, then there is a power struggle as to whose reality is the real reality. That's when there are problems. There is either a compromise and a successful relationship (not so common) or there is a parting of ways as one or both decide they will not negotiate on whose reality is the real reality (this happens a lot).

survival insctint is what make us to be fake in order to protect us. Being nice all the time for example is a survival mechanism.

You want to be genuine? Eliminate the self, and his need of self-survival. Youll be 100% genuine, but vulnerable too.

On 6/11/2019 at 4:22 PM, LiakosN said:

No one is 100% genuine and that was the reason why she left me..

I told her that you need to "spiritually wake up" in order to become 100% genuine..

Interesting to think about. Say I hold back on saying something. That is inauthentic. But I think what I wanted to say would have hurt them deeply. And being consciously aware they are me and wishing to not cause them pain where it isn't necessary - I hold back. This desire for them is authentic. So this turns into inauthenticity for the sake of some other authenticity. 

Every time you are inauthentic its for the sake of some authentic desire.