solr

Reacting against stage green

11 posts in this topic

I'm female and a vegan and also very into environmental issues. I feel like I'm kind of green, but all of a sudden green people are getting on my nerves. Like I feel triggered lol. I usually never get triggered by anything. So whats happening here, am I regressing down the spiral? 

(warning, judgemental shit incoming) I expecially get annoyed by their tendency to be.... "Morally elitist" i guess.. And also I get triggered by their  shallow understanding of god and ethics. I feel like they are too black/white and forces their opinions down other peoples throats. Like I'm so concerned with animal ethics, why do I get so triggered by activists? I don't really understand, I just started feeling this way recently. Is it regression? 

Edited by solr

@solr It's not a regression. It's time to go meta on morals.

What is happening is that you're still too attached to your own ideals as well. "Nobody should force their opinions on anyone's throat", "Nobody should have shallow ideas about god" etc. Fundamentally, you're not very different from them, are you?

If I'm somewhat accurate, even reading my words should trigger unpleasant emotions in you. What's the solution? Realize that your notions of ethics are just beliefs as well. There will be backlashes from the mind trying to justify itself on how correct it is and why everyone should agree with it. Stay away from it. Stay away from control and let people be.

unborn Truth

Judgements are projections. Those are judgements you have on yourself as well, which shadow work can help cure

Edited by d0ornokey

39 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@solr It's not a regression. It's time to go meta on morals.

What is happening is that you're still too attached to your own ideals as well. "Nobody should force their opinions on anyone's throat", "Nobody should have shallow ideas about god" etc. Fundamentally, you're not very different from them, are you?

If I'm somewhat accurate, even reading my words should trigger unpleasant emotions in you. What's the solution? Realize that your notions of ethics are just beliefs as well. There will be backlashes from the mind trying to justify itself on how correct it is and why everyone should agree with it. Stay away from it. Stay away from control and let people be.

Naah you don't trigger me at all, I know it's true. I'm just very confused as to why this is popping up all of a sudden

20 minutes ago, d0ornokey said:

Judgements are projections. Those are judgements you have on yourself as well, which shadow work can help cure

shadow work keeps popping up everywhere, but i have yet to find a good resource teaching it. Do you have any? I tried reading jung but that was way to confusing for my tiny brain hahha

26 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Seems like you are transitioning out of Green, at least in some aspects.

I have exactly the same issue as you do with Green. Actually, everyone who's seeing beyond should.  All the exemples you are mentioning are textbook case of the Green myopia. 

As an INTP, I get seriously annoyed by how Green tries to sanitize and police every harsh truth which doesn't fit the "Great Green consensus". That witch hunting stuff is a real problem. It polarizes other stages against them, and prevent Green to grow as well, as new ideas aren't welcome if they don't like its outcome. Also, immature Green mistakes Yellow for Orange, which is a stage they really hate.

To some extend, they remind me of Blue. There is definitely a huge hypocrisy problem going on with this stage. That said, Green is much more conscious and sophisticated. It just seems to me that Green's rediscovery for the Yin/Divine Feminine energy makes it overprotective of it. The problem is that Green isn't familiar enough with it to be balanced for now.

But the higher tiers doesn't judge the lower ones. If I was transitioning out of green i would experience being less judgemental, right? 

18 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Being non judgmental doesn't mean not seeing the issues currently going on. ^_^

I perceive judging as a form of violence as it locks someone in a box. When you judge, you equal the person with a flaw, and see it as part of their essence. You can't see beyond the problem. You push an image on that person and say "you ARE like this" and fix that person in a role.

We, people, are work in progress. We should constantly change our state as part of the growing up process. We are nothing but the consciousness behind, which can't be reduced to any symbole or concept anyway. 

So I can describe a phenomenon, but at the same time, realize the person is not that phenomenon.

Thus, this isn't judging.

---

Maybe you aren't exactly fully transitioning out of Green for now. It's very possible that this is you bumping into some limitations of Green and finally be conscious of some of the issues. It doesn't mean that you've found your way out and you've gone full 2nd tier yet. 

I see your point, thank you for sharing your perspective. In my case I'm way to emotional about it, so i guess i got some work in front of me here. 

@solr Leo's has a book on it, teal swan has videos on it and so does thediamondnet, all of which are great and simple to understand 

@solr I think most people are judgmental of others. You said higher tiers shouldn't be judgmental of lower ones, but your examples are of Green people judging (probably) lower tiers. Almost everyone I know would look at a Stage Brown individual as nearly primitive in their ideals... in a negative way. Being judgmental is just something people are. My personal belief is that we should try to examine these judgments and realize that they are generalisms and not entirely accurate, and also try to avoid judging. But we still judge others, even when we don't want to.

Keep in mind that Spiral Dynamics are not explicitly measuring how enlightened or awakened one is, although the higher tiers tend to give a more holistic view that we generally lump in with enlightenment. They are simply measuring what tier a person's social development is at. No tier is "better" than the others. A higher tier can still experience judgmental attitudes. A lower tier individual might be more awakened than a higher one as well. I also believe we can be of varying stages when looking at specific beliefs (I know a lot of guys that are very Stage Brown in terms of sexual maturity). 

A lot of people get annoyed at elitists. But keep in mind what exactly you are getting frustrated at. You're annoyed at their elitism, but aren't you exhibiting the same elitism towards them by thinking you're better than them because you don't do X, Y, Z? You feel they force their opinions on others (you), but what about that bothers you? Do you retaliate by forcing your own opinion back on them? You're under no obligation to accept their opinions as fact, or even really to deal with them. You can be vegan and never interact with another vegan. You can be a social activist and find networks of people that share both your ideals and your methods. Or you can avoid social activism entirely. 

The short story is that you should search within for the thing that bothers you about them. Usually it tends to be a flaw you see in yourself. I always heard the most frustrating phrase growing up: "when you point your finger at others, you have three fingers pointing back at you." It annoyed me because No, I was talking about them, not me! But a lot of what annoys us about others can be found within, sometimes hiding under a different name. It's a good idea to identify those things, fix them within ourselves first, and then continue on. Eventually, you'll find they trigger you less and less as you see yourself in them less and less.

It also might be a good idea to disassociate your ego from veganism and environmental consciousness. You might be annoyed that these people are representing "you" and "your ideals" in a way you disagree with. But they aren't representing you. They're representing their own ideals, and you share some similar beliefs. That isn't what makes you you, however. 

I hope this was helpful <3

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

8 hours ago, solr said:

I'm female and a vegan and also very into environmental issues. I feel like I'm kind of green, but all of a sudden green people are getting on my nerves. Like I feel triggered lol. I usually never get triggered by anything. So whats happening here, am I regressing down the spiral? 

(warning, judgemental shit incoming) I expecially get annoyed by their tendency to be.... "Morally elitist" i guess.. And also I get triggered by their  shallow understanding of god and ethics. I feel like they are too black/white and forces their opinions down other peoples throats. Like I'm so concerned with animal ethics, why do I get so triggered by activists? I don't really understand, I just started feeling this way recently. Is it regression? 

You are moving into yellow I presume.

Also, a very important thing to remember is that a stage in SD is not determined by your diet, what party you vote for or how you earn your money. A stage is what drives you and what fundamental beliefs you have about the world. What you're triggered by is probably stage blue, rather than green. Many stage green movements and ideas regressed into stage blue. my theory being that this is because of how easy it is to live in an echo chamber and only hear and read perspectives you agree with; this can very easily lead to an absolutist view on things which is core blue. I believe you're spot on with your observation of their black and white thinking because that is exactly what they do.
Basically the difference between blue and green: Green believes that there's value in all perspectives, blue believes that his perspective is the only right one and therefore has the right to shut down other opinions.

The reason I believe this makes you yellow is your sensitivity of the spiral. Two people can both support more animal rights, but with green and blue this is coming from a completely different place. Green people are often oblivious to stage blue extremism if these stage blue people are on their side on key issues, yellow people aren't.

Edited by Zizzero

12 hours ago, Zizzero said:

What you're triggered by is probably stage blue, rather than green. Many stage green movements and ideas regressed into stage blue. my theory being that this is because of how easy it is to live in an echo chamber and only hear and read perspectives you agree with; this can very easily lead to an absolutist view on things which is core blue.

You just gave me a brand new perspective, thank you.. I think you're right