Gerhard

Which of Leo's videos have had the biggest impact on you?

27 posts in this topic

For me it was the one below. It was the first time I had ever heard about enlightenment, and it truly sent me down a very long and spectacular journey!

Pinpointing which one was THE MOST impactful feels nearly impossible for me as they are very cohesive and are interconnected between each other

but this one really stands out.

What is the point of life video struck the cord. 

In Tate we trust

WAY back, it was the one about how we are all chimps from a long while back, what's the name of that one? That one just got stuck in my head, I didn't have to work to contemplate it, it was like once I saw it I couldn't unsee it. Also "How To Stop Being A Workaholic" because that was a HUGE struggle in my life. 

This one was amazing, I was able to tap into Leo's experience just by watching it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

45 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

WAY back, it was the one about how we are all chimps from a long while back, what's the name of that one? That one just got stuck in my head, I didn't have to work to contemplate it, it was like once I saw it I couldn't unsee it. Also "How To Stop Being A Workaholic" because that was a HUGE struggle in my life. 

This one was amazing, I was able to tap into Leo's experience just by watching it. 

I would like to know which video was about the chimp because I got that insight too when I was on mushrooms. 

In Tate we trust

The motherfucking AZTEC NON-DUALITY one was an absolute masterpiece! I don't know why, but something about the combination of the aweomse Aztec metaphysics and Leo's teaching method/spin on them really resonated deeply with me. It also helps that it came at a crucial point in my life, too.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

Hands down the one about victim mentality. I watched it many years ago and it made me furious lmfao. But i had to accept the truth of me being a sad little victim and that propelled me into personal development work. At the time i had no job, no money, no friends, no passions, lived with my mom, chronic back pain.... Today i earn 5 times more, work my dream job, have close friends, my own apartment, great health, my own business on the side and lots of hobbies. All because of this video popping up in my feed. 

Advice to high school and college students had the biggest impact on me and it changed all my path.

My path started from the same video as you. But later on I learned so much from the spiral dynamics series and the "Importance of Real Yoga" video made me start the path of Yoga. 

Free will vs determinism.

When i heard it, it blew my mind. I thought I was having an awakening experience, and maybe i kinda did. But now that i know what a full blown awakening experience is like, i can't call it an awakening. I will call it a mind fuck.

Thanks Leo!

@Gerhard Leo's guided self-inquiry 'Creating an Experience of No-Self' helped me get awakened.

My fave of his that I periodically re-watch is The 10 Things You Don't Know You Want.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

why brains do not exist really opened my mind although at the time I just took it as a new belief

Most recently this one in terms of my awakening regarding the Integral end of the Paradox Of The Sole-Survivor And The Integral.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 6/15/2019 at 2:33 AM, Scholar said:

That made me laugh my ass off.

6 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

That made me laugh my ass off.

Yo.  Don't hate the animal in us.  Love that part of us.  That's us!  People get all high-and-mighty and get a stick up their ass with their focus on the Principled Self to the exclusion of their Animal Self.   Embrace the Animal Self, it's an incredibly useful model.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yo.  Don't hate the animal.

No. I don't hate the animal called Leo. I loved it. It's the same kind of laugh that I had when I watched

Edited by CreamCat