zunnyman

Difference between being god before and after the death of the body

14 posts in this topic

Is there any difference at all ...

What I mean is ..

Like when you get enlightened, and you discover that you are god .. is that the exact same thing as being god after the body decays?

Would that then mean there is no use of the body?

but more importantly im curious if that means you will live on forever? like being immortal .. and that you get to experience the joys of life forever .. eating ice cream .. going on adventures .. just living life and exploring every area of life forever

Im trying to ask a question that I don’t think I’m even asking properly lol 

Say Im living this life right now, and I think to myself damn life is so good .. success in business, friends, girls, etc. I don’t ever want to die. I want to keep living a good life .. and a few decades later I get enlightened. When I am enlightened would I realize that that good life I was thinking about continues forever? Will form and experience that I experience now, go on forever? or after the decay of the body, all form ceases to exist and its just the complete end of me? lol

God realization is the exact same process in which you detach from your body and become nothing.
Think in terms of purifying and humbling yourself to the point that you literally cease to exist.
At that point, you will see that the body is not separate from God and even if it dies, it was meant to do so.
The question of living, dying, immortality becomes insignificant in the light of the divine love of God.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@zunnyman When you are fully conscious that you are God, the notion that your body will decay does not even make sense. Since your body is totally infinite and omnipresent. The human body is no more you than a brick wall. I was looking at a brick wall the other night and I could not tell the wall apart from my body. The wall is as much my body as my body.

Being immortal is not about living forever through time. It is realizing that each moment is eternal already and that there is nowhere else for God to go. God cannot go anywhere because God is everywhere.

You will not become enlightened. Rather enlightenment will reveal that your birth was just an idea, a story. The story of you will be erased. What will remain is omnipresent consciousness, which is God. Your perceptual field will be radically recontextualized and realized to be the body of God.

You are not understanding just how radical enlightenment/God/no-self is! It's so radical you cannot imagine it, and it does not fit that materialistic paradigm you're using. That whole paradigm of a physical world will be wiped out at the moment of enlightenment.

There never was a self.

Ta-da!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is realizing that each moment is eternal already

I’m struggling to grasp what this means right now.

Edited by mkrksms

@mkrksms Yes, because it requires a change in your state of consciousness.

You cannot ever understand it while maintaining your current state.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@mkrksms Yes, because it requires a change in your state of consciousness.

You cannot ever understand it while maintaining your current state.

I remember understanding it only for a split second... during shamanic breathing and tripping for example. Is it that slippery for you as well or is your baseline awareness high enough to know this?

Edited by mkrksms

@mkrksms Go one night without sleep. Watch the sun set and then stay awake and watch it rise again. You will realise there are no such things as days. You do't go "through" time. There is only ever the now. There is nowhere else to go. This moment is the only moment you've every experienced. There is no past or future outside of your ideas of them in the now.

2 hours ago, mkrksms said:

I remember understanding it only for a split second... during shamanic breathing and tripping for example. Is it that slippery for you as well or is your baseline awareness high enough to know this?

Baseline human awareness is not high enough to notice the Eternity of NOW. Human consciousness is deliberately time-bound to aid your survival.

Eternity will only become noticable through practices or psychedelics. But Eternity is always the case. It is always NOW, NOW, NOW. Every temporal experience is actually eternal and has existed forever. But you aren't noticing it.

You must realize that you are inside the Absolute at all times. The relative is actually the Absolute when looked at deeply enough.

@zunnyman a zen master might answer your question by suddenly clapping really loudly, throwing something at you or by shouting some non-sensical noise. 

There's a reason that well formulated philisophical questions are answered in such a way. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

3 hours ago, lmfao said:

@zunnyman a zen master might answer your question by suddenly clapping really loudly, throwing something at you or by shouting some non-sensical noise. 

There's a reason that well formulated philisophical questions are answered in such a way. 

Or ringing a bell

12 hours ago, mkrksms said:

I’m struggling to grasp what this means right now.

Eternal means that which never moves, is never born and cannot die, is nowhere and everywhere, everything and nothing, ever changeless and still. That's what eternal means. Another label for now is zero point..or source. That's who you are in essense. 

You are the changeless eternal now- right here and now -believe it or not!! Only the mind is born - not you. The mind is the illusory change/movement - it is the movie of I upon the still changeless eternal infinite screen of awareness...inseparable from the screen, movement is an illusion - because the mind is already an aspect already couched within awareness itself for there is only awareness and awareness is everything and nothing, everywhere and nowhere simultaneously.

The following quote might help to see what is actually being born here... 

''Two men were arguing about a flag flapping in the wind. "It's the wind that is really moving," stated the first one. "No, it is the flag that is moving," contended the second. A Zen master, who happened to be walking by, overheard the debate and interrupted them. "Neither the flag nor the wind is moving," he said, "It is MIND that moves."

In other words, when unborn awareness knows sensation consciousness/mind is born. Only the unborn can be born. Think about it, only the unborn can be born...

Think about it, before you were born - you were unborn...and now that you are born - you are the still un-born - nothing has changed, all that's changed / happened is there has been an awareness / knowledge of a change occurring within the changeless. Knowledge informs the illusory nature of singledom...All that has occurred is a movement of mind (apparent birth) within the ever present stillness of awareness (death)

In reality no single birth has ever taken place, and no single death ever happened...because there is no division between one birth or another, one death and another...birth and death are appearances only, they are mental concepts...in reality, everything is infinitely connected as one seamless reality without beginning nor end including all mental concepts...You are infinity right now eternally.

Edited by Umar_uk

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is not exactly true Leo. Don't forget to mention eternity can also become noticable without any practice or use of psychedelics whatsoever.

It's not ONLY realised via practice or psychedelics...using the word ONLY. Is like saying if you don't take drugs or do practice, then the eternal now is unattainable, unable to be reached, this is like making it out to be something to aim for or approach, and that unless you take psychedelics or do practice ...you won't get it.. but this is misleading and not exactly true. 

Eternity will only become noticable through practices or psychedelics.

Edited by Umar_uk

@Umar_uk Don't give students false hope.

You might as well tell a group of fishermen to sit around at home waiting for a fish to magically land in their lap

This here is fishermen school, where we teach people how to fish for God.

I caught a fish once but it was too big to reel in on my own and I was terrified of it. I was so afraid that I threw the fishing line and someone else grabbed it, reeled the fish in and took it off the hook. Then I still wanted to take credit for catching the fish but I realized that I couldn't.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost