How to be wise

How to verify that reincarnation is real?

35 posts in this topic

Is there some way I can directly verify this? Is there an enlightenment experience where you become conscious of reincarnation? Otherwise, surely this is just another belief.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise You should not verify that reincarnation is real. Instead, you should verify if reincarnation is real. Beware of subtle words that may introduce bias in your inquiry process.

There's only one way. Become aware of what you are. What dies? What is born? How come does Reality come to be?

This may take decades, depending on your thirst.

unborn Truth

@How to be wise yes some of the deepest realizations will reveal to you that it can't be denied.  

For example the realization of Oneness.  Full consciousness of non-duality.  All forms are God or consciousness - or you - exploring yourself from different perspectives.  

Also that you are the formless.  You are Being or pure potential.  You as pure potential will play out as every possibility that could ever possibly be.   You are yourself through yourself as there is no where else to go.

I know this has been said multiple times here already but when you become conscious of all of this then reincarnation can no longer be denied.   

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I think the question you really want to ask is not if Reincarnation is real, because everyone will say that you are God and all that jazz and so you will manifest forever as god. But I see how much everyone in this forum is explaining this subject in a way that is most of times too simplistic and almost Naïve. Just open yourself a serious book about Occultism (the science, not the hocus pocus) and analize for yourself how complex it is. Just because the true nature is formless, doesn't mean that the rest It's fake and that your conceptual self is worthless... Your conceptual Self contributes for next life conditions.

Edited by oMarcos

@Mikael89 the video you posted earlier spells it out.  Who was that?

@oMarcos yes you have to discover Truth for yourself.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

15 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

So to me it doesn't matter whether reincarnation exists or not. Knowing that Consciousness is immortal is enough.

The two are identical.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Past life regression is a common hypnosis technique. You could try that and see if anything interesting comes up. There's no guarantees.

Other than that, hardcore yoga would be your best bet.

Once you realize consciousness is all things, you'll understand that you/it will live through all possible points of view.

Large doses of psychedelics also help. If you mega-dose some mushrooms you will see some crazy shit that will be totally out of this world. Be careful what you wish for. This is no joke. You are not ready to know such things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Everything seems to exist if you believe in it enough. 

You simply can't. You can only assume or believe, if you want to verify through logic you can do that with a lot of trouble, with wishful thinking it is easiest but with equal value even though some people wish to think otherwise. 

@Leo Gura  what is the most scary thing you have seen or realised on mushrooms?

4 minutes ago, Aldo said:

@Leo Gura  what is the most scary thing you have seen or realised on mushrooms?

What it feels like to be insane.

1 hour ago, ColdFacts said:

You simply can't. You can only assume or believe, if you want to verify through logic you can do that with a lot of trouble, with wishful thinking it is easiest but with equal value even though some people wish to think otherwise. 

Stop spreading your ignorance here.

Be here to learn, not to opine.

You're getting close to a ban.

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop spreading your ignorance here.

Be here to learn, not to opine.

You're getting close to a ban.

If i were here to learn then would have to assume as a truth that anyone here knows the truth, do you know any such person or any person that wants to see him/her self as such? So this makes your entire view egoistical or assuming as if you know the truth or anyone else here does. Most of the truths you have integrated started from free knowledge from true enlightened people who did no judge you in any way because they knew how weak people like you are to such things yet of course you do exactly that but without any authority or self generated value to do so. And that much is the value of anything you say in that regard.

Reincarnation / rebirth is a hot topic for me. It's interesting because I've had a number of awakenings but none of them seemed to settle an answer to reincarnation.

In researching about it, I haven't yet come across any evidence that was totally convincing. Next I'm looking into people who claim they have memories of past lives and people who have had NDEs. 

Edited by Maya_0

3 hours ago, ColdFacts said:

If i were here to learn then would have to assume as a truth that anyone here knows the truth

Learning does not require blindly believing things. If you were serious, you'd be here to learn. But your cup is full and you're here to double down on your existing worldview, which is the opposite of the purpose of my teachings.

If you do not want to learn from me, then you should not be here.

Learning from me does not require blind belief. But it does require an open mind and a willingness to lay aside your existing worldview.

Your choice of username betrayed your ideological position from day one. You are just here acting out a materialist program, like a robot. You are not questioning yourself but instead fighting externally.

4 hours ago, Maya_0 said:

Reincarnation / rebirth is a hot topic for me. It's interesting because I've had a number of awakenings but none of them seemed to settle an answer to reincarnation.

In researching about it, I haven't yet come across any evidence that was totally convincing. Next I'm looking into people who claim they have memories of past lives and people who have had NDEs. 

Maybe reincarcation is an intermidiatery hoax, are you open to that?

The import of liberation or enlightenment is to realize the absolute. And from absolute, anything other than absolute is a myth or non existent.

Do you ever wonder, how come the excellent sages of the past in all tradition perfectly expressed and mapped out the knowledge of the Absolute. THE ABSOLUTE. About this absolute, almost all of them say the same thing.

But when it comes to cosmology, reincarnations, karma and all the intermidiatery stories; every tradition has it's own pet theory. Why is there such inconsistency?

They've perfectly mapped out the absolute but totally impotent when it comes to relative cosmology according to each other.

Why is it the case? Could it be that this whole relative cosmology is a hoax? Could it be that they are only for mere intellectual consumption, or maybe at best a working hypothesis for unenlightened folks to inquire further about Reality?

Another interesting thing is all these creation theories, states of universe, soul, reincarnation etc. Its not the liberated who is bothered or doubtful about them. Only unenlightened are so bothered and caught up with them.

So the bottomline is, dont try to prove Maya. It is the principle of impossibility. You'll never succeed proving and establishing the unreal. Rather, investigate Maya and discover it to be non-existent in the first place.

You can the never prove the snake in the rope. Rather, investigate the delusion properly and discover that the snake was never there.

In other words, first find out the soul(self inquiry). If you succeed, you wont have to be bothered by neither soul nor reincarnation.

Note: its a general comment. Pls dont take the 'you's personally and come back to bite my ass ?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

The question of reincarnation becomes meaningless once you realize that there is no time.
Everything is, will be, and always has been you.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I were thinking about the same thing. When you throw time outta the window the idea of reincarnation becomes.. even more complicated.

I thought it was pretty simple. Once you throw away time, you have to throw out most of your ideas.
Then, throw away space and see what happens.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2