Hansu

Quitting an addiction makes me a zombie

23 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Hansu said:

@DrewNows

Hey, sorry for another slow reply.

This may sound stupid, but what does a void look like? A few months ago I fixed my self-image problems regarding physical appearance. I did this through imagination and affirmations. However while the work removed my negative thoughts about my looks, it didn't really help me with any of my addictions. Would self-image problem still be considered as a void of some sort?

Thanks!

A void is the feeling something is missing/lacking in your life (like a need or value). as most don't like to feel empty inside because they don't realize they are that emptiness, not the thoughts in their head which is the root of all addiction. 

6 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Funny thing, I just finished a 30 minute contemplation on a question "What kinds of void am I filling?" and now Im pretty sure that Im not addicted to anything else but negating the negative emotions caused by a bundle of fears. Not lack of anything physical, not even lack of sex, but fear of arbitrary social things. I have been trying to achieve internal peace through finding a partner, losing weight, quitting addictions but all it has done has sent me to an internal spiral of negative thinking, failure and distraction from my true needs.

Thank all you kind people. You have helped me off the wrong path and shown and convinced me to walk down the one I need most right now. You have helped me to lay the groundwork and create a clear vision I need to weed out my fears, befriend my shadow and continue my path towards internal peace.

I can feel that this is going to be my biggest, and the most painful self-help journey in my life. Thank you convincing me to go for it.