K VIL

if you could change one thing about the culture you live in

21 posts in this topic

what would it be?

Edited by K VIL

Education (but don't ask me how!) 

Away from building mindless drones, teach them concepts, self sufficiency and critical thinking ( + Spirituality of course)

I would love to make them understand that they live in the most beautiful and best country to ever grow up in

People of my culture are one of the most unappreciative people I know when it comes to quality of life

Rigid polarization, information silos contributing to confirmation bias.  

Consumerism, always wanting more... 

I would get rid of all masculinity. All of it. Even whatever the most cherished and healthy elements of it are. Everybody would be 100% feminine. Then one year later I would collect all the statistics for crime, brutality and really bad devilry and congratulate myself on a job well done. 

Edit: If there were unforeseen side effects and complications with this I would reintroduce masculinity but under strict conditions. Abuse your masculinity at the expense of another and you will be put back to 100% feminine. 

Feminine not perfect. Still some devilry and brutality but not as bad as before this culture change

Edited by Bill W
Flexibility

I would first doubt that part of me that wants such change.

Where I live there is some kind of suffering competition by groups in the community. Most noteably mothers with young children suffer all over Facebook as being the "strongest" in terms of fortitude, they aren't at all the only group. Memes go all over Facebook with friends grouping together about how strong or courageous they are. "You have no idea how much I've been through" It completely devalues real suffering, and the true victims.

if I could change one thing about the culture I live in, I would want to give people freedom to choose any culture by voting with their feet.

I would remove all the junk food and addictive food and other addictive stuff such as TV. People would get their time and control back. 

2 minutes ago, ElenaO said:

other addictive stuff such as TV

That includes the internet and the computer. Many rulers tried dialing back technological progress to detrimental failures.

Nothing.  Culture shows me how I need to change.  

@Hansu haha I could instantly tell you were from Finland too. The thing you said is possibly the worst thing about our culture.

if you could change one thing about the culture you live in?

Everyone's unconscious imagination which pollutes impartial objective thinking.

What Gurdjieff referred to as Kundabuffer.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Nothing.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Bill W a world without masculinity? ?

I propose you could make a list of the positive benefits of masculinity in society and even consider look into your own masculine traits, good and bad, maybe there’s opportunity for shadow work 

Edited by DrewNows

18 hours ago, Bill W said:

I would get rid of all masculinity. All of it. Even whatever the most cherished and healthy elements of it are. Everybody would be 100% feminine. Then one year later I would collect all the statistics for crime, brutality and really bad devilry and congratulate myself on a job well done. 

Edit: If there were unforeseen side effects and complications with this I would reintroduce masculinity but under strict conditions. Abuse your masculinity at the expense of another and you will be put back to 100% feminine. 

Feminine not perfect. Still some devilry and brutality but not as bad as before this culture change

:D :D All Hail the Kingdom of Feminine!! 

What you talk about is toxic masculinity. You remove Yang from Yin or vice versa and the universe collapses. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus