LoveandPurpose

how do I find out why I feel a certain way?

17 posts in this topic

Since a few days I've been feeling kind of out of contact with myself. With my emotions, my body and my thoughts. I feel tight and trapped. 

I have a few guesses why I feel like this but none of them seem to be the reason. I feel kind of helpless.

How do I find out why I feel a certain way?

54 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

One way is to investigate is what demands you are making of how you should be, how others should be, and how the world should be. You can look at the demands and shoulds. They are there! Then you can look at how realistic they are and if they conform to reality. 

Your breath will tell you in total relaxation.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

You can get some clues by listening to your thoughts. What are you thinking about?

You can also try and trace back in your mind to when the feelings first started.

Did something happen to make you feel out of contact?

But basically, I think that sitting with it in total acceptance and curiosity will give you all the answers that you need to know. :)

@LoveandPurpose Just ask yourself.

It isn't so complicated. All the answers are inside you. You are looking everywhere but inside.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@LoveandPurpose Just ask yourself.

It isn't so complicated. All the answers are inside you. You are looking everywhere but inside.

This would require serious attunement to yourself though. If the topic starter had that, they wouldn't be asking this question here. :)

6 minutes ago, Pallero said:

This would require serious attunement to yourself though. If the topic starter had that, they wouldn't be asking this question here. :)

Gotta start somewhere.

Even the dumbest person can turn inward and get answers.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Gotta start somewhere.

Even the dumbest person can turn inward and get answers.

Ok, but what if it's not a question of intelligence but attunement, like you say in your Body Awareness video? What if you just can't hear your thoughts or feel your emotions or sense your intuition? What if you're so disassociated from your being? Not that the topic starter's situation is so extreme, but I've been there...

@Pallero Gotta start somewhere. Start NOW!

It's like you're asking, "But what if someone is too fat to cut back on eating?"

All I'm saying is that if you can't get an answer straight away there are some tools you can use to get to it. :) But I also encourage developing attunement to the level where you can get answers quickly and easily. But it might take years of work.

@Pallero The answers are rarely gotten straight away. Sometimes it takes weeks or months of contemplation.

@Leo Gura Okay. When you said, "just ask yourself", I thought you meant that the answer would come straight away.

It can come straight away though. It doesn't mean that it's the final, absolute answer, but it's an answer that you can use to solve that particular problem at that level of development.

@LoveandPurpose the behaviours of  "tight and trapped" had to start somewhere. If you focus inwardly and think how tight and trapped feels, you will get information from yourself, such as Im feeling trapped because I'm failing classes or I can't make the rent. There will be a number of negative feelings and they will be a regular and consistent pattern over days or weeks.  If you pay attention to your mind, you may also find thought patterns running in a cycle with more or the same information. The information you hear may not be the root cause, but all you need to do is ask a few questions. Your body may say " I don't have the courage to go to class, I hate it I'm not going" . Here you ask yourself "why don't I have the courgae to go to class?" You might get a few answers, including the fact that your failing" 

so then you take your information that the reason you feel the way you do is that your failing class. Then you address the actual issue.

On 08/06/2019 at 8:34 PM, LoveandPurpose said:

Are you feeling that way 24/7? Or just when you notice it? When are not feeling that way (why)?

All stories and explanations are false.

I have this problem in my life right now too... i don't understand why i feel the way i do.

Im reading books on emotions and emotional intelligence, also im practicing meditation.

I suggest @LoveandPurpose that you do activities that bring you in touch with your body more. Like dancing...

Or if you are interested in spirituality, of course yoga.

Meditation works for me!

its actuality quite simple, the whole of humanity is predicated on one thing: you want something specific to happen because you don't want something not to happen. Such is the beauty of death, it allows you to know what you really want. So if you want to know why something is happening, just ask yourself, if that thing did not happen, what would you be scared of, and this is how you take the first step towards making the inward journey. Fear is a passage way and also an inspiring emotion that can make many spectacular things happen.