Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EricKlein

Anyone has experience with antipsychotics?

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone here taken antipsychotics, and fully recovered from their effects after stopping them?

I have taken antipsychotics(Seroquel XR) for a few months in the past and they pretty much emptied my personality and passion for life. That was more than 7 months ago, and I still haven't recovered. I have no idea what they did to me, but it feels like my brain has been irreversibly damaged.

Has anyone here gone through something similar and fully recovered?

@EricKlein I was once taking a form of sleeping medication that I became addicted to over time. When I realized that, I stopped them and suffered more than I have ever suffered in my life. I didnt start feeling somewhat normal until a year. After 2 years, I was back to normal.

sometimes it takes some time but you'll get there.

@EricKlein Can you be more specific on ‘brain irreversibly damaged’? Have you met with a speech language pathologist yet?

In what way are you prevented from doing what you want to?  No focus? No energy? Overthinking / resistant thinking against yourself? etc. What is it specifically?

Without thought story (past, future, self)....how are you feeling? What is the sensation(s)?

What have you done in the last year? (Practices, therapies, exercises, etc)

What helped, what didn’t?

What is it you ultimately want?

Nonduality & Meditations         

Empty your head, fulfill your heart       

Yes, I have. I had problems with sleep and instead of helping me they diagnosed me with things I didn't have and put me on antipsychotics. Instead of helping the sleep problem which wasn't that severe. I took depakine for 5 months. I started gradually cutting it off, and I see things sometimes. But I don't mean weird things or anything. I just happen to came across people doing things in front of me. I told people about it and they told me it was in my mind and it didn't actually happen. No one believed me. But in fact, sometimes I was with friends and they can confirm the things happened. 

Like two girls giving me gestures of smoking, and a guy giving the dreamboat glance. I wonder if that could happen, did happen, or I just imagined it. It seemed very real. 

Other than that, I sleep better now, I can go outside and travel with confidence (which I didn't do before) and I am able to focus better on what I'm reading or studying.