Danioover9000

Depression

5 posts in this topic

I've recently experienced spells of depression out of the blue. Anyone here with good advice on managing one's depression?

Go out.

On your bike, if you have one.

Get into nature, bring a book.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

@Danioover9000  In my experience depression arises when you are trying to change something that will not change or expecting something to change that will not change. So what is it for you?

Causes of depression may include

Biochemical cause like lack of serotonin
Diseases like
- Cerebral arteriosclerosis
- Acidosis
-Drugs
- Neoplasms
Genetics
Stress, Mental trauma , Loss

Treatment may include
- Anti depressent drugs like- Tricyclic anti depressants, Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, etc
- Psychotherapy

(This is just for information, not professional medical advice. For the correct treatment course , a thorough history taking, examination and investigation is needed which should be done by a professional doctor) 

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Understand that there are likely multiple root causes to your depression. This should be empowering to know because it implies there are solutions you can access. It will likely require a lot of effort, time and patience on your part, but your potentiality is limitless. Also, if you're serious about receiving help from others, including this community, know that the quality of the answers you get will depend on the quality of your intention behind the questions you ask.

Tell us more about yourself. Perhaps try meditating for 30 minutes while doing some deep self-inquiry. Why do you think you are depressed? Even if you don't "know".. deep down, you know. If you had access to your higher self, how would your higher self answer this question?

If you'd like to have a private conversation, PM me and I'd be happy to see if I can help you out.