inFlow

How do I know if I'am enlightened?

36 posts in this topic

Im just curious of what are the actual signs that you have permanently awaken?

Mahadev

Hehehe....

When you realize you are God.

Don't worry, it's impossible to mistake God realization. If you've got even a shred of doubt about it, you haven't yet realized God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Hehehe....

When you realize you are God.

Don't worry, it's impossible to mistake God realization. If you've got even a shred of doubt about it, you haven't yet realized God.

The Important question is, Leo when You say "When you realize you are God." To truly understand You, I must ask what the word "God" defines in your own understanding

19 minutes ago, inFlow said:

Im just curious of what are the actual signs that you have permanently awaken?

Leo already listed them in his Self-observation pinned post.

''How To Tell If You're Enlightened:

This is very simple. Answer the following questions honesty:

Did a major shift in awareness occur?

Are you absolutely clear now of what you are?

Are you the physical human body you've always thought you were?

Do you feel infinite, without boundaries or location?

Do you actually understand, or are you in a temporary meditative high?

If you answered: "YES! YES! NO! YES! I UNDERSTAND!"  then there's a pretty good chance you're enlightened. If your answers were not: "YES! YES! YES! NO! YES! I UNDERSTAND!"  then chances are you aren't enlightened. Keep trying.''

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 minutes ago, inFlow said:

@Leo Gura but why did we forgot we are it?

You won't understand until you awaken.

7 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

The Important question is, Leo when You say "When you realize you are God." To truly understand You, I must ask what the word "God" defines in your own understanding

You won't understand until you awaken.

God is not a matter of words or definitions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

For me there was a lot of physical pain then it felt like a space opened in the middle of my forehead. I continue to feel an odd sensation there, stronger at times. I see signs, and I understand religious texts and the meanings of songs as if they were all meant for me. I am very capable of deep flow states but also highly distracted. The sense that my life every really happened is completely gone, my sense of time is warped, I feel like I'm completely crazy. 

Ego is still there, my selfish agenda is still there, the potential for depression and nihilism is still there. It's not what I thought it would be. I would not call it enlightenment but it is a permanent awakening of a sort, to what end I don't know. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

For me there was a lot of physical pain then it felt like a space opened in the middle of my forehead. I continue to feel an odd sensation there, stronger at times. I see signs, and I understand religious texts and the meanings of songs as if they were all meant for me. I am very capable of deep flow states but also highly distracted. The sense that my life every really happened is completely gone, my sense of time is warped, I feel like I'm completely crazy. 

Ego is still there, my selfish agenda is still there, the potential for depression and nihilism is still there. It's not what I thought it would be. I would not call it enlightenment but it is a permanent awakening of a sort, to what end I don't know. 

You are drunk :D 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just now, Preetom said:

You are drunk :D 

xD Permanently crazy, not drunk. I'm straight-edge, although this peaked my interest in psychedelics, I'm not sure if they are for me.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

xD Permanently crazy, not drunk. I'm straight-edge, although this peaked my interest in psychedelics, I'm not sure if they are for me.

From apples to herbs. I'd call that significant improvement. Subtler and subtler bay bay B|

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom xD It's an apple blossom. See what I did there? If God wants me to do psychedelics, She'll put them in my path. I have enough of my own natural crazy to integrate for now. 

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

@Preetom xD It's an apple blossom. See what I did there? If God wants me to do psychedelics, She'll put them in my path. I have enough of my own natural crazy to integrate for now. 

''When the fruit appears the blossom drops off. Love of God is the fruit, and rituals are the blossom''

- Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

Take care Mandy

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

I think those who became enlightened never did so with the goal of reaching enlightenment, but they were doing something else. 

@inFlow Biggest signs will be:

A fundamental change in how it is to be you

Change in 'location' of the self, it may feel like it expanded beyond your head or disappeared completely

Huge reduction in self-referential thoughts 

More flow/being in the moment 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

I think these questions are helpful, but not bullet-proof.

A real devil will also answer all these questions with "YES!" and "I UNDERSTAND!". Because a real devil thinks he knows everything. A real devil is too arrogant, lacks awareness and self-honesty to admit that there is something he doesn't understand yet. A real devil will respond "YES", in all-caps, to every single question to bullshit himself into thinking he's enlightened and use this as justification to now preach and enforce his egoic world view onto others. 

Yes I can't help but agreeing with you because according to my research the 'real' enlightened masters never claimed themselves as someone special or shove their enlightenment agenda down other people's throat. They wouldn't even talk about this stuff unless asked for. They never had any dire mission to achieve, things to change or reform.

My hunch is, upon actual enlightenment there is no individual consciousness left that can proclaim ''I am enlightened'' or ''I was in bondage and now I am free''. This is the actual meaning of nirvana. Complete extinction. There is no individual left that can reflect consciousness back on itself and analyze itself.

There is a beautiful story where a monk asked Buddha where one goes after nirvana. Buddha replied, ''oh monk, when a fire is extinguished, does it go south, north, east, west, up or down?''

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''