Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aakash

is three hours a day enough to get enlightened

20 posts in this topic

Okay so I’ve made a decision I am serious about enlightenment however it is not in the realm of normal. I’m just making an inaccurate observation but many on this forum seem to not have a big extended family or just their interactions are limited. That you can spend so much time in isolation and still get away with not speaking about normal judgementative things to people and speak with them only about truth. Well not many people like to talk about the deep things in life they want to talk about shallow things and simply have fun critising how stupid someone is for something they don’t see rationale. 

Anyway I think I’m going to wake up early and pursue enlightenment, rather now I’ve been doing it throughout my day but that’s affected my abilities to have normal conversation and to live quote on quite a normal life. I just find things too confusing about reality that I freeze a lot of the time unable to make decisions 

so how will waking up early anddojng like three hours a day of reading, meditating and practices likely to lead me to enlightenment? If I pursued this my whole life ? Or is it a given that you can only reach it if you dedicate your whole life to it ? 

11 minutes ago, Aakash said:

Okay so I’ve made a decision I am serious about enlightenment however it is not in the realm of normal. I’m just making an inaccurate observation but many on this forum seem to not have a big extended family or just their interactions are limited. That you can spend so much time in isolation and still get away with not speaking about normal judgementative things to people and speak with them only about truth. Well not many people like to talk about the deep things in life they want to talk about shallow things and simply have fun critising how stupid someone is for something they don’t see rationale. 

Anyway I think I’m going to wake up early and pursue enlightenment, rather now I’ve been doing it throughout my day but that’s affected my abilities to have normal conversation and to live quote on quite a normal life. I just find things too confusing about reality that I freeze a lot of the time unable to make decisions 

so how will waking up early anddojng like three hours a day of reading, meditating and practices likely to lead me to enlightenment? If I pursued this my whole life ? Or is it a given that you can only reach it if you dedicate your whole life to it ? 

You must be willing to spend your whole life on it, and perhaps many lifetimes. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

That strategy sounds good. Nisargadatta Maharaj got enlightened in 3 years through this strategy. He used to sit in deep self inquiry meditation for 3-5 hours everyday after he took care of all household acts. 

Soon within months self inquiry or being cognition kept on happening on its own throughout even the activities and the final blow came about 3 years later. Done. Extinction.

The most important component is consistency, sticking to only one technique that gets most traction to get deeper and deeper, sticking to only few important reading materials and videos over and over again for motivation and gaining deeper intellectual clarity instead of dabbling through multiple routines, techniques, teachers, videos and texts.

And last but not the least, its better to choose a direct technique like self inquiry. I wouldn't bet normal concentration meditations like watching the breath to yield enlightenment fast. They usually require inhuman levels of hours in months/years long hardcore retreat like setting to have some sort of sticking breakthrough.

And if you choose self inquiry as your primary technique, make sure you really UNDERSTAND what the damn thing is. Your message seems like you are heavily caught up in things like contemplation, thinking, deliberately being confused by pondering about abstract things, the person being frozen seeing the fault lines of personality and trying to figure stuff out by brute force and you are sort of calling that self inquiry and pursuing enlightenment. But those things are OPPOSITE of self inquiry.

Its merely about watching/following the I feeling and keep on gently pondering on the Self that notices that I feeling without falling asleep and giving in to contrary thoughts and impulses.

All the best :)

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Aakash brother. from what we have learned thus far. we know enlightenment is beyond a "how" or "does this work"

3 hours a day might be too much or too little

it all depends - there is no black and white answer

just like the directions back to your home ALWAYS depend on where you are in the city.

the directions are always FROM that location.

so we cannot know whether 3 hours a day is what you need... maybe 3 hours a day takes you further away from your home/goal.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@winterknight yes I am willing to spend my whole life on it. Even though i don’t get along with normal society any more, I’m willing to live the lifestyle they live. To me I want to experience many things before I die. However, I can’t let go of the truth it will haunt me until my death bed. 

If I’m being honest with myself, even if I don’t become enlightened. If i do it up until the day I die. I won’t even say ohh I wish I could have tried more in a way. 

I just wanted to know if it was a viable plan 

@SoonHei good boy should not chase enlightenment. Just do the practices and it would come to you when the time is right.

Edited by Good-boy
Bored

@Preetom yeah you hit it on the money, a) am definately going to read scriptures and definitely going to pick the self inquiry process. 

I do think abstractly because I’m thinking about constantly changing the world and how to go about doing it with the right perspective. But it seems enlightenment is a road block to this problem. So I must know the truth first before I make a decision. So yeah. Thanks i really appreciate what you said and it gave me inspiration 

@SoonHei likewise really touched my heart what you said because it’s was simple and accurate! 

@Aakash :)

same thing here brother. for me, what cleared up some of the things is to ask, right this moment, to yourself... who clearly is looking for enlightenment? is it Aakash? looking back at the last 2 days even, who is constantly thinking about practices, being mindful etc etc... 

has this become an obsession for aakash just like maybe video games, movies, girls or whatever else might have been an obsession at one point

when i did this for myself, what i saw put an end to a lot of the seeking... it was seen that from the very basic teaching it says SoonHei/Aakash will not get enlightened... and here I am, very much identified with and living as SoonHei/Aakash and he is looking for this thing which I KNOW cannot be found by him.

not saying that this right here is the KEY for you. just sharing what helped cleared up some things for me.

this guy, paul hedderman makes non-duality videos on youtube. i like this one line he says:

THAT-WHICH-YOU-ARE-NOT is hearing (claims to be the hear-er) the message about THAT-WHICH-YOU-ARE. Now, what YOU are "doing" here is trying to arrive at THAT-WHICH-YOU-ARE on the imaginary horse of THAT-WHICH-YOU-ARE-NOT.

Edited by SoonHei
edit

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei loool that is the funny part isn’t it. There is nobody to get enlightened so do the practices until it happens. 

But how does this thinking work for you in practical life, so the life where we are living on a rock and not in god consciousness

1 hour ago, Preetom said:

That strategy sounds good. Nisargadatta Maharaj got enlightened in 3 years through this strategy. He used to sit in deep self inquiry meditation for 3-5 hours everyday after he took care of all household acts. 

Soon within months self inquiry or being cognition kept on happening on its own throughout even the activities and the final blow came about 3 years later. Done. Extinction.

The most important component is consistency, sticking to only one technique that gets most traction to get deeper and deeper, sticking to only few important reading materials and videos over and over again for motivation and gaining deeper intellectual clarity instead of dabbling through multiple routines, techniques, teachers, videos and texts.

And last but not the least, its better to choose a direct technique like self inquiry. I wouldn't bet normal concentration meditations like watching the breath to yield enlightenment fast. They usually require inhuman levels of hours in months/years long hardcore retreat like setting to have some sort of sticking breakthrough.

And if you choose self inquiry as your primary technique, make sure you really UNDERSTAND what the damn thing is. Your message seems like you are heavily caught up in things like contemplation, thinking, deliberately being confused by pondering about abstract things, the person being frozen seeing the fault lines of personality and trying to figure stuff out by brute force and you are sort of calling that self inquiry and pursuing enlightenment. But those things are OPPOSITE of self inquiry.

Its merely about watching/following the I feeling and keep on gently pondering on the Self that notices that I feeling without falling asleep and giving in to contrary thoughts and impulses.

All the best :)

How you know nisargadatta sat to meditate 3 to 5 hours a day? Got a source?

7 minutes ago, Hima Izumi said:

How you know nisargadatta sat to meditate 3 to 5 hours a day? Got a source?

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

@Preetom yeah you hit it on the money, a) am definately going to read scriptures and definitely going to pick the self inquiry process. 

I do think abstractly because I’m thinking about constantly changing the world and how to go about doing it with the right perspective. But it seems enlightenment is a road block to this problem. So I must know the truth first before I make a decision. So yeah. Thanks i really appreciate what you said and it gave me inspiration 

@SoonHei likewise really touched my heart what you said because it’s was simple and accurat

"I trusted my Guru, he told me to concentrate on ‘I am’ – I did. He told
me that I am beyond all that is perceivable and conceivable – I believed.
Although I had to work to keep my family alive, I gave my heart and soul,
my entire attention and whole of my spare time to the Sadhana (practice)."

" I simply followed the instruction of my Guru, which was to focus the
mind on pure being, ‘I am’ and stay in it. I used to sit for hours together,
with nothing but the ‘I am’ in my mind and soon peace and joy and a deep
all-embracing love became my normal state. In it, all disappeared – myself, my Guru, the life I lived, the world around me. Only peace remained and
unfathomable silence."

These quotes are from Pradeep Apte's I Am compilation. The specific time frame 4-5 hours was mentioned somewhere in the original big book I Am That. So i'm unable to find it again and quote from there. Getting enlightened seems easier than reading that book again lol

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

59 minutes ago, Aakash said:

But how does this thinking work for you in practical life, so the life where we are living on a rock and not in god consciousness

i'm by no means "there" yet lol - speaking as SoonHei of course...

but that's the deal... before enlightement chop wood/carry.. after... the same..

in other words, the human/body+mind you will continue to do his thing... play out his part

but the REAL YOU will KNOW and BE in the place where you have never left... 

unsure if i am asking what you were wanting to know... but there's that.

for me, it has been the embodiment of the understanding that i am not the body+mind, that there are no others, all is one etc etc...

i feel uncondtional love for everyone i see on the street. as a result i have started to help many people.. giving cheer-up notes with small $$ in it.. etc etc.. 

not getting angry and others with the knowing that they are doing/saying exactly what they are conditioned/destined to do.. so sure, i can disagree with them... but it's from the viewpoint of "agree to disagree" 

Live, and let live <3

:)

find your peace.

also stareted sharing the message to fellow friends family. see my instagram in my signature 

Love Is The Answer

No amount of polishing will turn a brick into a mirror.

Meditation stills the monkey mind, self inquiry increases clarity, shadow work purifies the heart.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Aakash After all stories are told, you will give up, realizing portal was You whole time. Open the doors of your New Life. You are this. ❤️

Edited by zeroISinfinity

4 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@Aakash After all stories are told, you will give up, realizing portal was You whole time. Open the doors of your New Life. You are this. ❤️

Says the crazed zealot ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

20 hours ago, winterknight said:

You must be willing to spend your whole life on it, and perhaps many lifetimes.

Have you not obtained enlightenment? You are still not old.

1 minute ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@Aakash

@Preetom What time is Love? 

2 years of dating, 3 years of living together, getting married, having kids, getting divorce after 10 years

Thats the typical time of love ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom So you don't Love me. I am the only thing you know?❤️

You are the only thing I know too. 

Only hate the Road when you are missing home. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity