Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rinne

Organic whole wheat pasta, would you agree

19 posts in this topic

Would you agree that eating organic whole wheat pasta is a good start in at least attempting to eat better/healthier or would you say that its still as bad as eating junk food?

Pastas pretty inexpensive, easy, and fast to cook. So to me it seems like a good food to start of with at least. 

Once i find out how to make rice more tastier i could move on to that. 

Eh well pasta is mostly empty carbs you aren't really getting much nutrition at all from it, although better then all the unhealthy sugars, fats and salts in junk food.

Get a notebook and use is for healthy recipes for you to create. Then do research into nutrition, and incorporate what you learn into your meals. You are going to have to do your own research if you want good results because everyone's body is different. Smoothies are a good place to start, very quick and easy.  Then slowly start mixing healthy meals in to your day, so that you acquire an appreciation for the taste of healthy food.

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

The only thing I can see someone being concerned with is that it has gluten, but if you don't care about that, it's fine. Move at your pace!

To make rice tastier you can use butter (I like grassfed), olive oil, any kinds of herbs and spices, soy sauce, mix in veggies, olives. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Rinne Listen to your body, for me personally I get on better with rice and I have a lot of spots and bloat from wholewheat pasta. 

On 07.06.2019 at 4:31 PM, Rinne said:

Would you agree that eating organic whole wheat pasta is a good start in at least attempting to eat better/healthier or would you say that its still as bad as eating junk food?

Pastas pretty inexpensive, easy, and fast to cook. So to me it seems like a good food to start of with at least. 

No nutrition, just energy.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I eat pasta made from 100% from lentils or any other type of bean

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It is "better" in this particular meaning, a wholegrain pasta would be event better but when we zoom-out it is still dead, processed food with zero nutritional value. 

To make transition to healthy diet start by having 3 regular meals and 2 snacks and add 2 cups of mixed vegetables as well as a source protein to each of your meals. One you achieve decent caloric intake and regularity, start polishing the individual plates, playing with halthier source of fat, protein, adding fruit etc..

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 2019-06-07 at 5:31 PM, Rinne said:

There're recipes on internet how to make rice healthy and tasty. I know a good one but there are many you can find. 

Actually preparing food is a science by itself. You need to know what spices and what food is good for you according to your prakriti or body constitution. And what imbalances you have. And to use it in correct proportions and stuff.. There's a lot to it. 

Here's one very simple recipe that is healthy like medicine you could say and very tasty. You can eat this almost everyday. 

I don´t think pasta is precisely bad for you, it´s just doesn´t have a lot of nutritional value.

That if you can digest it fine, I can´t stand it because I have a very hard time digesting it, but if you can, go ahead. But beware you have to eat a lot of other food because there´s no much nutritional value in pasta as im concerned.

Idk what it costs compared to pasta but you could try rice noodles

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Thankyou for asking this question @Rinne I was wondering the same thing! Lots of useful answers on this post.

The only time a wheat product is bad for your health is having allergy to it, like that in Celiac disease, where the treatment is taking GFD (Gluten free diet).

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Its better than non-organic, non whole wheat pasta

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

not imo

shit makes me sleepy

there's tons of easy, tasty, healthy, cheap recipe alternatives 

bulk cook veggies and quinoa and then mix them for buddha bowls for lunch and dinner

pre make smoothies (greens and fruits) in a plastic bag and in the morning dump it into a blender with almond milk 

oatmeal + fruits + seeds + nuts + cacao

make bowls like frutta bowls/playa bowl/ basically those fruit bowl places 

im not a fan of bread but if u make ur own its better. bread + pre-cooked clean turkey/meat + healthy sauce + pre-cooked veggies

stirfry ur favorite veggies + throw some lean meats + sauce + spices

bake sweet pototoes + reg potatoes for healthy(er) french fries 

etc.

each of these things are quicker (cept the french fries) to make than pasta + healthier + taste great 

i think pasta takes 10-12 mins if i remember correctly 

Edited by d0ornokey

wheat is garbage and should be avoided but counter-intuitively if you must eat it,  go for the most refined version possible. At least most of the antigenic and inflammatory stuff gets removed. Whole grain is the absolute worst peasant food you can get. Just make sure your diet is nutritious otherwise

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell