Meditationdude

Am I being tested? Life just got really hard.

10 posts in this topic

I’ve run a personal training business out of my home/garage for the past 3.5 years  with no issues or problems (neighbors or city) but earlier this week that all changed. I moved 4 houses down (same street) and I got a visit from the city earlier this week. I’m not shut down yet but I’m pretty certain I’m going to get a code violation and be out of work.

I’m terrified of being broke again as leaving the safe high paying corporate world and starting this business was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. 

My heart feels like it’s in my stomach and the anxiety and worry won’t stop. I’ve lost 6 pounds in 3 days, can barely eat or exercise I feel like I’m suffering deeply with the thought of starting over again. I just can’t shake it. 

I was doing so good before all this and I feel like I just took 3 steps backwards. 

The good thing is I’m still meditating and sleeping fine, I just have insane anxiety right now. 

if anyone has an words of wisdom, I could use it. I don’t have anyone in my life I can really talk to about my problems in a spiritual or self actualizing way.   

That's life happening, i don't think there is much i can tell you besides preparing for the worst as probably many other in your situation have tried. It's the cost of finding comfort and safety in such unreliable things as the material world, can;t avoid that stuff.

Let me just say, your anxiety is understandable (although not helpful) as you are getting a "wrench thrown in your tire".  I sympathize with you, as I'm sure the uncertainty is unnerving.  

Admittedly, I do not know what your financial situation is, or how feasible this suggestion might be.  

But could this challenge be reframed into an opportunity?  Do you currently bring in enough revenue to justify leasing a space to run your business out of? Or is your business at the stage where you can make a push to grow and lease a space and get some new equipment-- and hopefully a larger clientele. 

What do you think?

Perhaps, could you move the business to the internet?

Leo Gura could have been shut down if he ran his business locally.

You can benchmark Leo Gura.

In any case, don't allow the government to step on you. Find another place where you can get back to your business as usual.

Perhaps, you might want to contact TJ Reeves and ask him for advice.

Edited by CreamCat

I'm sorry, that sounds incredibly stressful. Is there a space that you can rent to use in the meantime? Remember that solutions don't come from focusing on what we don't want or don't like. Try to find something that brings you joy in your life, call an old friend, watch a stupid funny movie. Sometimes solutions come to us if we can just get out of the state of NEEDING things to be fixed. :x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Im in a similar situation, the reality is, there is no guarantee so you better move man. Life can be rough sometimes, but it can make you grow. Try to centre yourself as much as possible on who you are and what your goals are

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

We always look back on the "bad" moments and have a good laugh, finding the humor in them. Do that when the moment arrives. Why wait? Besides, the only failure that will come from your current situation is if you don't grow from it. Basic advice.

Made me think of this. :) As a metaphor.

@Meditationdude Those sorts of decisive moments will arise in running any business long enough. You just gotta take them in stride and keep your eye on the ball -- your larger vision. Why can't you run your business from another location? Why can't you follow the code?

This is an opportunity for you to take your business to the next level, make it more professional.

Your anxiety is understandable, but it's also clouding your vision, so don't stew in it for too long.

If you build your business properly it should not be so fragile to be tanked by one code violation.

Even if this business ends up failing, remember, that's just valuable experience for building your next, even better business. So hang in there. When it becomes to business you gotta be persistent like a python strangling its prey.

Yes, life will get really hard at times.

Have you considered renting a small office? They can be very affordable.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The thing is, you have marketable skills and you know how to use them to make money. You've been doing it for 3.5 years. 

I don't have all the details but it seems like worst comes to worst, you move to a new spot and start again. Should be able to get that done with 5k or less. If you don't have it, borrow it or get a credit card. Whatever you do, don't give in and go back to the corporate world. You've come too far for that. Hopefully, you have at least a little bit of an emergency fund.

IMO, this is and will be a win-win situation.

You'll be lucky to have experienced a situation where you were in touch with your survival. It makes you take life more seriously. It pushes you another step closer to even greater responsibility and also another step in getting acclimated to fear. Getting more familiar with it, so that one day you can transcend it. 

Good luck!