Buba

Magickal beings

32 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Buba said:

The laws which have always been consistent. It happened to me several times that during sleep I figured out that I was in a dream, because of inconsistencies occurred. But I have never found inconsistency in sober life. 

Good start, nightly dreams are often abstract and when in the waking state, it seems linear - the story of "me" goes on but within a different frame of time, it has usually a different rule-set and personality (me) too. Now, it's possible to be conscious of stuff that's beyond this "normal" waking state. Most people need to do practices to see beyond. Some have astral projections and apparently it's possible to meet other people that are projecting within that astral realm. I can't confirm this from personal experience tho. I think there may come a time when the border between hallicunations and what one labels as "real" might get blurry, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, although it might seem scary at times.

I've got this theory, and I am not sure if it's correct but maybe it is. I like to imagine that we're all (humans) having a subconscious experience from an individual POV (me/you) and all of us operate on different frequencies (like a radio antenna signal, receiving different data depending on the channel), thus no-one has the same experience, BUT there are things that overlap. For example, we're both looking at this forum right now, yet we experience it differently nevertheless this very moment. New age stuff often talks about raising ones frequency/vibration and similar, and I think there's something to it. When you go into "spiritual territory", you might experience unusual things that others don't, maybe that means that you're on a different frequency than others, and then paradigms (especially the currently held ones) start to get blurry. 

I remember the times when I first started to get some tastes of this "weirdness" (feeling as if entities were in the same room as me during meditation - slight coldness/windy on parts of the skin even though the windows were closed, goosebumps etc.). I thought I was going crazy and I felt scared occasionally, yet now I find it more exciting and welcoming. Some things that new-agers and religious people talk about, might not be so far fetched as I first thought they were - (such as meeting "otherworldy" friendly beings, having visions and so on). If those strange experiences can be practical in daily life or trusted as "truth" (in regards to visions and similar), that's another thing. 

---

Now, things could be purely psychological issues and if they are, then it's useful to see a professional, especially if it bothers you, and if in any way you perceive things that seem threatening (such as voices telling you harmful things). Yet, it's not unusual for some people, to experience strange things during meditation or similar practices after some time. In my experience, it's not all scary and dark and I hope that you see the good side there too, if it continues to happen :) 

Edited by iTommy

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

@Buba You'll need to have a mystical experience wherein you as the ego will collapse into only Being.  At that point the materialist paradigm will simply melt away before your eyes.  There will be no denying it.

You haven't reached that yet so right now its all still your ego playing tricks on you.  That's why when meditating and you can feel something starting your ego becomes terrified and pushes it away.  Of course it will, it wants to survive.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

When trying to find yourself, you will realize that it is impossible because you are not what you thought.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

--- Albert Einstein

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse nice quote.  I don't know if he ever became a mystic but if not he knew it conceptually :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 I think he got it conceptually. But anyway is a big advance for a scientific mind to recognize that.

-_-

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

11 hours ago, Buba said:

I dont know.

As they say, not knowing is a start for knowing more. :)

11 hours ago, Buba said:

So if everything is imagination of my brain, then what is my brain?

The problem is your brain is physically here on the physical "dream". Maybe it goes beyond that.

11 hours ago, Buba said:

why do bother to try to live a better, healthier life?

Even if actual physical universe is what is true and even if you were a brain in an organism this question comes up onces again, "it's just matter living through matter, why bother? I will die and decay anyway."

Maybe life as it is, is just meaningless and purposeless. Now you're being a human, so be it. To live is to live. As in your dream, why bother running away from the imaginary monster? If you didnt it wouldn't be fun though ;)

12 hours ago, Buba said:

The laws which have always been consistent.

The beauty of this dream is that it's systematic and has a natural order to it while being chaotic. Scientist are studying this part of reality, non duality is the whole of reality and Science is pretty neat at studying and modelizing physical world.

Thank you guys. I guess I will not understand this stuff until I experience it myself. But again in order to function properly it is useful to accept hallucinations as imaginations of the brain. I have read forums, articles and saw that patients who firmly believe that their hallucinations are true, have great difficulties in recovering, while the ones who know these are just hallucinations and not some magick beings, recover more easily.

On 07/06/2019 at 8:22 AM, Buba said:

What are your opinions on hallucinations or meditation induced hallucinations?

The seer of a seen hallucination is real. The seen hallucination is not real and yet the seer is inseparable from the seen, so you can make your own conclusion from that premise.

We hallucinate the "real world" too. So...

20 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@Buba What do you define as "hallucinations"?

For example I hear a sound, but nothing makes that sound, it is like an error in my brain.