Leo Gura

Who's Interested In Conscious Politics?

747 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Anderz said:

@Leo Gura I don't think isolationism on a national level will work for much longer into the future. Think of the cities with walls you mentioned in your latest video.

I am not for isolation. Globalism will only grow larger.

But people will want to live in the most developed and conscious countries. The whole point is to make America extremely appealing to live in -- much more appealing than now.

Expecting American citizens to pay taxes is not isolationism. If you don't want to pay taxes, fine. Then surrender your citizenship. To not pay your fair share of taxes is literally leeching off your community. It is the most unpatriotic thing you could do. Basically it's treason.

Imagine if tax evasion was tried in court as treason.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura But you also need to make America appealing for corporations, even for the big multinational corporations. Or else the U.S. economy will dwindle.

8 minutes ago, Anderz said:

@Leo Gura But you also need to make America appealing for corporations, even for the big multinational corporations. Or else the U.S. economy will dwindle.

It already IS extremely appealing for corporations. Corporations are making a killing. They ain't going anywhere. These are empty threats. They only ship the lowest jobs overseas. Management lives here for a good reason.

What you gotta see is that a popular country has enormous leverage over corporations. A popular country has what the corporations want most: 1) a big market of consumers, and 2) the top talent in the world.

Good luck running Google in China or Brazil. The world's best computer engineers don't want to live in China or Brazil when they could be living in the Bay Area. The best talent comes from high consciousness societies. This is not an accident. That's the whole point of a constructing a high consciousness society.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It already IS extremely appealing for corporations.

Because of loop holes and tax evasion through tax havens abroad. ;) 

My idea is that the corporate tax should be the SAME in the entire world. Probably unrealistic today but with a new global currency it could work.

@Joseph Maynor love you brother.  You are OK with me:)

Just don't forget those that cannot help themselves.  Compassion will will move you to the higher stages.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Also, I think the world corporate tax should be directly on the revenue, to prevent corporations from evading tax through deceptive investments and bookkeeping tricks etc. And with a digital global currency that is tracked, the tax collection can be made automatic.

We have been fooled by politicians and lobbyists to believe that the tax system must be monstrously complex, when in fact the whole taxation process today can be automated, requiring an AI system operated by a handful of people instead of millions of people in the government and companies, from the smallest to the biggest multinational corporations working like crazy all the time with taxation from all angles; from the IRS to the tax evasion hideous constructions in the large corporations, and tax law this and tax rate that and tax regulation this and tax form that, legal prosecution this and lawyer army that, government tax expert, corporate defense tax expert, tax application this, and tax software that, tax adviser this and academic tax professor that. Zillions of dollars spent on useless friction and insane complexity of managing taxation.

Edited by Anderz

@Annoynymous You are God, just like me. You own the whole universe ;)

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Pass the law and you'll see. Until then I'll be a greedy capitalist in accordance with the standards of our culture ;)

Considering you said you got like 40k or something back from taxes its safe to assume your life is way beyond secure. So I gotta ask, do you save your earnings, or spend it like most materialistic capitalists? I would think someone conscious might have a computer and TV at best but wouldn't go crazy for every new advancement. But there is also living in the now idea so how do you balance now thinking with preparing for the future. Lots of people sacrifice their now for some future now of retirement and constant enjoyment, 

11 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

So I gotta ask, do you save your earnings, or spend it like most materialistic capitalists?

I don't waste my money. Someone else in my position would live much more lavishly than I do.

I could go buy a Lamborghini in cash tomorrow. But the thought doesn't even cross my mind because it's such a childish desire.

> Good luck running Google in China or Brazil.

In China they have their own local Google -- 10 Cents, for instance. And other IT giants. And they do well, even though "it's China". How come? In Russia there's Yandex which is also succesful. In Israel there're many IT companies. All works and does so successfully. In all these countries, you imply, the society isn't as conscious and developed on the Spiral Dynamics Level as in the US. Then how does all that exist then and generates profits?

You might be delicional about how exceptional, talented and appealing for living the US and the big 5 English speaking countries are (UK, AU, etc), and how, on the other hand, unappealing to work at the rest of the countries.

I'd rather work in Thailand or Singapore or Turkey, for instance, where I can grab fresh fruits on the street, sold by individuals, for $0.5-1 USD and fresh prepared 1 liter of juice for 1-2 USD. In Singapore more expensive.

In the US I'd have to go to supermarket and buy that for how much? 10 times more expensive, right? In a plastic container. The quality would worse becase it's sold in a supermarket and from a refrigerator, with, possibly, chemicals.

Or even in India - they have great, cheap and heathy food.

What if you fell sick in the US? Huge problem, no?

In India? The medicine and doctors are around 100 times cheaper.

Thailand or Singapore or Turkey, for instance, are also very safe.

Edited by rnd

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Pass the law and you'll see. Until then I'll be a greedy capitalist in accordance with the standards of our culture ;)

My point with the current 'devilry for goodness paradox'

2 hours ago, rnd said:

> Good luck running Google in China or Brazil.

In China they have their own local Google -- 10 Cents, for instance. And other IT giants. And they do well, even though "it's China". How come? In Russia there's Yandex which is also succesful. In Israel there're many IT companies. All works and does so successfully. In all these countries, you imply, the society isn't as conscious and developed on the Spiral Dynamics Level as in the US. Then how does all that exist then and generates profits?

Are you seriously comparing a company like Yandex or Baidu to Google? They are not evem in the same ballpark.

A company like Google simply could not exist in China or Russia.

Google is a highly advanced, conscious company. You don't even realize. They put enormous effort and resources in retaining worldclass talent. Google goes way beyond generating a profit. It is a whole different paradigm.

Any fool can be successful, but only Google is Google.

You might be delicional about how exceptional, talented and appealing for living the US and the big 5 English speaking countries are (UK, AU, etc), and how, on the other hand, unappealing to work at the rest of the countries.

I'd rather work in Thailand or Singapore or Turkey, for instance, where I can grab fresh fruits on the street, sold by individuals, for $0.5-1 USD and fresh prepared 1 liter of juice for 1-2 USD. In Singapore more expensive.

In the US I'd have to go to supermarket and buy that for how much? 10 times more expensive, right? In a plastic container. The quality would worse becase it's sold in a supermarket and from a refrigerator, with, possibly, chemicals.

Or even in India - they have great, cheap and heathy food.

What if you fell sick in the US? Huge problem, no?

In India? The medicine and doctors are around 100 times cheaper.

Thailand or Singapore or Turkey, for instance, are also very safe.

You grossly romanticize these 3rd world countries. No serious people want to live there because of how much they suck in ways you can't yet imagine. These countries are corrupt to hell, full of toxic chemicals, censorship, and many other problems. The food is cheap because it's toxic junk and no one wants to live there.

If all you value is cheapness, then sure, those countries look appealing. But people who generate serious income have way higher standards.

The development level of a country is directly related to the development level of a company like Google, which is an advanced stage Green company. It would never have arisen in China or India.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You grossly romanticize these 3rd world countries. No serious people want to live there because of how much they suck in ways you can't yet imagine. These countries are corrupt to hell, full of toxic chemicals, censorship, and many other problems. The food is cheap because it's toxic junk and no one wants to live there.

If all you value is cheapness, then sure, those countries look appealing. But people who generate serious income have way higher standards.

The development level of a country is directly related to the development level of a company like Google, which is an advanced stage Green company. It would never have arisen in China or India.

I can confirm that.

I live in a 3rd world country. Even online stores will sell good-quality products for stupidly-cheap. I even get to pay less when I buy a game on Steam.

But you have to live with lower wages, lower quality infrastructure, deal with lower consciousness people, and just generally have less access to better opportunities in life.

But hey, it's still good if you want a simpler life I suppose.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Are you seriously comparing a company like Yandex or Baidu to Google? They are not evem in the same ballpark.

Google is a highly advanced, conscious company. You don't even realize. They put enormous effort and resources in retaining worldclass talent. Google goes way beyond generating a profit. It is a whole different paradigm.

Dont underestimate how well China is doing.

I would argue that Tencent is almost Google level when it comes to their paradigm. Not only are all their products revolutionary and even more advanced than Facebooks products, their offices are also highly advanced.

Conscious Politics....Doesn't this mean Truth in Politics.

Of course we all know how little truth there is in politics so I think it is important to find the most truth...

I see a lot of untruths said here.  Not purposely, but a belief in what we want to believe and agree with.  Sex is possibly the number one drive in most humans but rationalization is most likely the second.  Believe me when I say that I fall into this as well.  This something I have been working on.....open mind.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Google is a highly advanced, conscious company.

I'm actually a great fan of Google. Have been for years. They are a bit too centralized for my taste, but that's the world we live in at the moment, and they do capitalize on tax evasion, but again, that's the business climate of today. I'm looking forward to decentralized peer-to-peer alternatives to Google, and then as Eric Schmidt said: the competition is just one click away.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I seriously gotta educate myself on this. My friend said they are evil but he also tells me to read David Icke. 

In fact fuck this. Going on Amazon. 

Ok i'm back. Just bought How Google Works for kindle. It was on sale btw... for like $3

See Leo, I can do this learning thing.

Yeah. India is basically a giant ghetto. No thanks
Although the mountains are probably nice
And SHANTARAM is one of my favorite books of all time.

I'm way too much of a prince to go there. 

Spent two months in Thailand. Got diarrhea on an 18hour train ride and had to take off all my clothes every time i had to shit in the hole in the floor. And it was hot as fuck. Selling all kinds of weird shit everywhere. Poor people with iphones and huge televisions. 

I remember flying to Amsterdam and breathing a sigh of relief when I stepped outside from the airport. 

Aaaah, the madness is over.

If all you value is cheapness, then sure, those countries look appealing. 

They are havens for wannabe digital nomads and losers who think you have to go to Bali or Goa to do hipster yoga.

But people who generate serious income have way higher standards.

I think it's good to have a place in the west and then go for a trip now and then to do a sex/drugs binge. 

I wouldn't know anything about that though...

Interesting perspective. 

Hmmm... but i'm not sure that is true entirely when you think about your country. 

I think Google is pretty much its own country these days. Or they will be soon.

4 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

But hey, it's still good if you want a simpler life I suppose.

I doubt it's simpler. It's more stressful. 

This whole poor people are happier thing is such a crock of shit. 

Even back in the day when Buddha was around, people were just as miserable and materialistic. 

Humanimals.

3 hours ago, Ferdi Le said:

Dont underestimate how well China is doing.

Yeah depends who you are asking. I mean a lot of shit has happened there in the last 50 years that has not really been accounted for. 

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG