Leo Gura

Who's Interested In Conscious Politics?

747 posts in this topic

@Angelo John Gage The Chinese company Huawei said that they don't even need the U.S. market. The big corporations are multinational. They operate all over the world. And too much tariffs will hurt the U.S. citizens much more than the corporations.

15 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

@Elisabeth  I think the laws should be this:

No American company can outsource any labor for any reason whatsoever.

No company can hold any funds outside of the US for any reason whatsoever.

None of them will not pay taxes. 

However, personal wealth, sure. IF a CEO wants to put his money in a tax haven, fine, but his company cannot. Unless we want to go far as not allowing any citizen to hold money elsewhere.

Wow, that will attract no businesses.

How about this.....

Don't tax the people for anything

Tax the hell out of everyone else

When will people wake up and understand that most people/businesses/corporations don't mind paying taxes.  They just want to pay what is fair and competitive to others in personal, type of business, and geographic area.  They would also want getting something from paying taxes such as protection from others as well.

I don't see rich people moving overseas a problem.

Rich people want to live in America and benefit from American real estate, schools, and society. They do not want to live in a 3rd world country. They don't want their children living in a 3rd world rat hole.

Likewise, giant corporations want to be headquartered here. To do serious business here, they must be here.

BTW, under current law, if you are a US citizen and you move to another country, you still owe the IRS income tax. If you want to escape US income tax, you have to renounce your citizenship.

It's very easy to pass some laws that further tighten this. If a corporation over $1 billion wants to do business in the US, they must place a headquarters here.

The Chinese do not allow any America company to work in China without partnering with a local Chinese company first.

Silicon Valley is not going to pack their stuff and move overseas. They don't even want to move to Alabama, let alone overseas.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Joseph Maynor I am rich. Bernie Sanders would be the worst for me personally.

Trump gave me a $40,000 tax refund last year and will again next year.

The current system is great for me personally.

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@Bodigger  "Tax everyone but me and people that I deem to be mine or like me" seems to be the motto for some.  And paradoxically, this is also the most densely Egoic stance you can take.

That's the conservative / libertarian stance...not sure what you are saying here because you appear from your posts to be conservative.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's very easy to pass some laws that further tighten this. If a corporation over $1 billion wants to do business in the US, they must place a headquarters here.

That seems dangerous long-term. When it comes to technology Asia is already ahead of the U.S. And China, that wasn't much of a competition just a few years ago is now rocketing past the western tech companies. In the end most big corporations would move out of the U.S. resulting in a dwindling American economy. And absolutely massive corporations are needed for tech development. Already today Apple for example struggles to keep up with the Asian companies, to a large extent probably because Apple doesn't manufacture its own hardware, and lacks experience and sufficient expertise in that area.

Edited by Anderz

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I apply the Paradox of Conservativism and Liberalism.

Here though, I feel like I need to make the Conservativism correction to white-knuckle clinging too hard to the Liberalism end of the paradox.

So you are not against a tax increase on the wealthy correct?  Provided those tax dollars don't get dumped into a corrupt system.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Haha!  Right on dude.  I'm a smooth operator.  :x

Do you use your models as 'mind checkpoint' sort of self- Map construct to bring ideas/ create intuitive Dynamic result . Is that made to expand the mind result ?

Aren't all those maps relative to Joseph ?

@Leo Gura I think your explanation of the need for, and actually an inevitable, move to a global system was excellent with really great comparison of early history cities with walls and California not launching missiles at Texas. But I did't notice any mentioning of the need for dealing with multinational corporations on a global political level. That's something necessary 10 years from now not 100 years from now.

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Well it's all me, so of course all my maps are relative to me.

Would you try to convey your exclusive expérience to the other universe or will you only focus on your own tools ?

Don't you think than sharing and translating' your expérience can provide you with review & accuracy ?

This might sound a bit Orwellian, haha, but I think we should set up a global financial control system with a digital global currency. And have all transactions tracked by the global financial control system. And remove all petty financial borders in the world and silly tariffs and all that childish and immature nonsense.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Paradoxes are not beliefs, they're models.  Paradoxes are systems that create a open-minded climate for solutions to non-linearly emerge.  I don't expect language to capture being.  Map vs. Territory.  You're re-framing paradoxes within the Paradigm of Belief that you're operating from.  When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  Paradoxes are not beliefs, they're conceptual tools to keep the mind open so the right idea can emerge for the problem at hand.

A paradox is something that self contradicts itself leading to a strange loop.   Such as the statement "I always Lie".  This leads to a loop because if you always lie then this statement is a lie.  Meaning that you sometimes tell the truth.  So how can both statements be true? Yet impossibly they are. 

Can you define what makes liberalism vs conservative a paradox and provide an example?  Or are you just copying that out of a book?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Trump and the Chinese leader are like little children arguing with each other. It's embarrassing frankly. Create a digital global currency legally administered by the UN and with practical running operations of the currency managed by the intelligence agencies around the world such as the NSA, GCHQ and whatever other agencies there in other countries such as Russia, China, Brazil and Germany. That should be trustworthy enough.

1 hour ago, Anderz said:

That seems dangerous long-term.

By your logic the US should not have child labor laws because it would be bad for companies and they would just move overseas and exploit children there.

You are thinking about this all wrong. The point of these policies is to create a more healthy, conscious, loving society. This comes at the cost of maximization of profits and growth. This is a big shift in paradigm. A more conscious society will become more powerful than all other societies in the long term even if it doesn't maximize profits. Precisely BECAUSE it doesn't maximize profits!

You cannot even begin to imagine how powerful America would become if we passed all these changes I propose. Consciousness and Love is the ultimate power.

1 hour ago, Angelo John Gage said:

@Leo Gura  how rich are you?  we need to see your income for transparency purposes ;) 

Pass the law and you'll see. Until then I'll be a greedy capitalist in accordance with the standards of our culture ;)

@Leo Gura I don't think isolationism on a national level will work for much longer into the future. Think of the cities with walls you mentioned in your latest video.