Leo Gura

Who's Interested In Conscious Politics?

747 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, QandC said:

Anyone having any ideas of UBI, Universal Basic Income? It's an idea proposed by Andrew Yang for the election of 2020 in USA. Basically everyone receiving the equivalence of ~$1000 every month if over 18 years old.

To prevent poverty? Personally, I don't really believe in it but there are some data of it having positive effects. But from a global perspective, I'm not sure... why would it really motivate people to join the workforce? 

Sounds like another spendy, give me more, beaurocratic, government program. 

Let's have a small country/State give it a chance and see how it works rather than force it onto hundreds of millions of people first.  The U.S. has spent upwards of thirty Trillion dollars on poverty in 50 years and poverty has gone down one percent.  Allow People take care of people, not government.  If you see a government that takes care of the people, you will most likely see tyranny.  Stop looking outward and begin looking inward if you want to help people.

@Revolutionary Think Haha, hejsan ;) Yeah I live in South Korea too so I get to see two different perspectives. I haven't studied much about the systems in the US but I've become more interested lately through Leo's videos. 

And yes, the Gymnasium is kind of like high school but you get to choose your own "program" like Economics, Natural science, Social studies etc. and you can combine your own classes. Kind of like preparation for university studies. Guess it's gymnastics for the brain lol

Just now, Bodigger said:

Sounds like another spendy, give me more, bureaucratic, government program. 

Actually UBI would get rid of the current bureaucratic structure we have an the straight cash would cut all the spending the bureaucrats get right now. 

@Bodigger That's also my philosophy, it always starts with the individual. But then we have to ask ourselves why the individual in the first place wants to find the motivation to do so and even get the proper education etc. That always comes from proper systems and politics we cannot deny that

@Revolutionary Think I've only remember the ones with Peter Ralston. And yea that curly dating guy.

I do not see him debating any T1 humans, yet there are emerging T2 channels around the web, not a lot of T2 people around, but still they gather and discuss solutions/situations.

Would love to see Leo contribute to that, @Aakash that's why I poke in the liver. If he has any.

For eg:

I do not smell any transcend and include stuff around, unless some divine intervention happens.... for the very reason this new structures are forming.

In the next 10 years if shit doesn't hit the fan, these structures will merge with government .
And how will we have Leo for President if he just stays at his cave doing his paintings ? This is our goal, isn't it

Edited by Yog

Right because in some situations people live in dysfunctional families and dysfunctional neighborhoods where the people around them aren't really that helpful we can't keep demonizing the government even though the government isn't perfect we have to zoom out and see the big picture not just look at things with our own lens. 

In a corrupt corporate culture the CEO's would at least have the responsibility to see that their workers are not exploited and can at least make ends meet and not have to have 2 to 3 side hustles just to live comfortably. I don't think a person being exploited and overworked by inside a corrupt culture that's it's a failure of their personal responsibility.  

29 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What we need is Universal Basic Collective Responsibility.  

The problem with only talking about personal responsibility is that it becomes a blank check for selfishness. People take personal responsibility to maximize their profits & success by exploiting and manipulating the collective.

The easiest road to wealth & success is by exploiting the collective. So of course that's what people do.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Joseph Maynor And how's the schools teaching nothing about finances help? Easier said than done and if school is charging you money that you don't have but, you need the job to make the money to go to the school to have the education so the job hires you... You see how you just can't boil it down to something and make it too simplistic. 

16 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Conscious politics.  Get your highlighters out.

According to the book Spiral Dynamics, Perot was stage BLUE, lower than both Bush and Clinton. If you have the book, read about him on page 127, fourth paragraph.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Perot is at Yellow or Turquoise.

I think we should trust Beck and Cowen more than ourselves. The 90s was their time after all.

Plus, I highly doubt that Beck would mistake a Yellow person for Blue. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Perot is old-school Blue/Orange.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Be mindful of mistaking high level orange for yellow. A high intellect does not necessary mean yellow. There are many brilliant philosophers, scientists and economists that are at a very high intellectual level within Orange. Orange intellect can go quite high and be mistaken as yellow. 

15 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

@Serotoninluv Yes. I've seen first hand people with high IQs who are extremely dogmatic, have no sense of nuance, and they're stuck in their ways. 

Yep. It’s common with minds that strongly value intellect/logic/reason and are attached and identified with these dynamics. For example, Richard Dawkins has a very high intellect, yet is still Orange. One indicator, as you mentioned, is a “stuck in their ways” attitude. A form of rigidity and defensiveness to their views and intellect. These are often constrained within logical frameworks. As well, they are still immersed within a strong personality, Orange will often personalize ideas as “mine” and “yours” and want to engage in debate utilizing Orange level tools such as logic, facts and evidence. Nothing wrong with that, yet Orange is constrained within it. Yellow minds have conversations that are much less about personalities and more about fluid exploration. 

This is a comment

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

Electoral college is to protect smaller states from being ruled by a handful of super populated states.

Our country is a republic not a mob democracy and the electoral college was designed to make sure the mobs do not rule. Furthermore, to eliminate the electoral college you'd have to eliminate the states themselves. In other words it would only be fair if America was just a single state with no electoral college (wouldn't be necessary) instead of what it is, a union of states with their own unique laws.

I'm gonna jot down a list of other objections that i may have as i continue watching but so far I agree with almost everything you're saying especially in regards to dealing with govt and lobby corruption, greedy corps, and military industrial complex

Great work friend. @Leo Gura

Also if you missed the biggest issue is that our monetary system is ass backwards based on debt. The federal reserve shouldnt even exist as we borrow our own money at interest and keeps driving out currency to the ground.

Our money should be based on our labor, not speculation. Its should be immune to inflation. Also, usury should be illegal.

Edited by Angelo John Gage