Leo Gura

Who's Interested In Conscious Politics?

747 posts in this topic

The fellow who built my house made enough money to retire in his late 50's.  He is a very nice and giving man with whom I became friends and he still keeps in contact with me.  He gave me a quote for the exact house that I wanted in which I signed the contract.  Why would I care about how much money he would make by building my house.

Yes....I am a slave.  To my SELF.  And I am willing to take on that responsibility.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Bodigger You are taking government totally for granted.

Everything you own is afforded to you by government. Otherwise it would be stolen and you would be killed.

Government is not here to solve your personal problems. Government is here to set up a good environment for growth.

My problem with all this politics talk is that it is extremely unpractical. Most of us here will never be able to influence the government. Sure we can vote, but what difference will just one vote make. 

I would be interested in politics if I could make some difference to the government. But that’s highly unlikely. Just getting inside the ‘political battlefield’ is already hard enough. 

Can you please talk about the relevancy of politics to us ordinary citizens. We might be able to influence a large number of people, but it probably won’t be in the government sector. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Compare the western market economies to China. Huawei is already years ahead of all tech companies in the west. For example Apple's phones look like stone age technology compared to Huawei's foldable Mate X phone.

The trick I think China has pulled off is to have the government regulate a free market economy in an efficient way.

10 minutes ago, Bodigger said:

The fellow who built my house made enough money to retire in his late 50's.  He is a very nice and giving man with whom I became friends and he still keeps in contact with me.  He gave me a quote for the exact house that I wanted in which I signed the contract.  Why would I care about how much money he would make by building my house.

Yes....I am a slave.  To my SELF.  And I am willing to take on that responsibility.

Where did you get the money to buy that house and where did you get the job to make that money? Were you born rich or poor? Remember what Leo said what government would I want if I were reincarnated as someone different. It's so easy to look at this from YOUR point of view. 

I see many post's that reference books, articles, websites, etc.

I could find ten things that are in favor of my thoughts, views, and feelings by stroking my key board for a couple minutes.  I could do the same to rebut anyone else's thoughts, views, and feelings.

I am working on higher conscious but I THINK as well.  I think if we were to work on things in our own small communities we could do more for people than trying to change the country or the world all at once.  If the community next to you is doing good things and it works for them, people are going to notice.

@Joseph Maynor Yes, China has thousands of years of political experience. They can run circles around the west if they want to. And today China is conquering the world with business deals, while they have tricked us in the west to focus on war.

14 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

Where did you get the money to buy that house and where did you get the job to make that money? Were you born rich or poor? Remember what Leo said what government would I want if I were reincarnated as someone different. It's so easy to look at this from YOUR point of view. 

Borrowed the money.  Born Poor.  Worked in sewers my whole life with the exception of the last few years.  What point of view do you mean?  That I'm okay with people make money....even lots of money.

Revolutionary Think

Are you Okay with China???

I was thinking that the Chinese social credit score system was absolutely horrible and Orwellian, but then later I learned that it was introduced to deal with big social problems in China. So I have become a bit cautious regarding China. It may even be that the human right crimes are a mere smokescreen to fool the west! Very, very tricky and long-term politics, such as letting Great Britain develop Hong Kong for 100 years as a means of integrating the Chinese economy with the rest of the world. That's what I call long-term planning.

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

government can be corrupt

Of course. This is a given.

But non-government is even more corrupt.

and there is no one to police government. 

You police the government with your vote and political activism. By being a good citizen. That is democracy. If you shirk that responsibility then we get an oligarchy or monarchy. But then you will start to bitch and moan about being oppressed. But it was your apathy which allowed the oppression.

I think this is the #1 error of liberals is they look at government through rose-colored glasses.

Serious liberals are all about reducing systemic corruption.

"Small government" does not solve the corruption problem, it simply outsources the corruption to cartels and giant corporations where they have zero accountability to the people.

Corruption is not a government problem. Corruption is an ego problem. Devilry will happen through all possible mediums, public and private alike.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I find conscious politics interesting. I don't know that much about the USA government but as I'm in the UK seeing the political climate shift in regards to Britain leaving the European Union I'm a bit speechless how the transition is being handled.

I also see that the British government is ok at the moment but definitely needs some improvement in policies. For example, one policy that the left proposed about equal wealth distribution made sense to me to implement because British citizens pay taxes, then that amount Parliament redistributes to London far more compared to other parts of the country, leaving parts to be far less economically developed than the richer cuties. And I am a conservative saying that there are some policies from the left that are good. I must be special.

@Bodigger

What were you doing in the sewers? Did you ever see a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle? :D

Edited by Revolutionary Think
referencing someone

25 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

the UK seeing the political climate shift in regards to Britain leaving the European Union I'm a bit speechless how the transition is being handled.

Unconscious minds are divisive.

Notice something:

United Kingdom

United States

European Union

People don't really understand what unity means.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@Anderz

The way I look at it, and you're more Jnana Yogi and I'm more of a Karma Yogi (so we're gonna be speaking in different tongues but likely toward the same purpose): I'm concerned that you're even clinging to the word "liberal".  What's this ideology sh*t.  Who cares.  Go live your life.

I was responding to your usage of that label.

16 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

@Bodigger

What were you doing in the sewers? Did you ever see a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle? :D

That was a good one Rev....I never thought of myself as a ninja....

Anyway, I used to relay new sewers and repair old ones.  I think it helped me deal with pride....ha ha

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Unconscious minds are divisive.

Notice something:

United Kingdom

United States

People don't really understand what unity means.

Exactly, that's the problem. People lip service unity without knowing what actual unity is. Even worse, they demonize those that empody unity and try to uplift mankind's consciousness while calling that justified execution. It's actually amazing how the United Kingdom came to be, how it sustained itself and how it effected a third of the world while by design being deeply in denial, both locally and globally, of all it's evilry. Work of art!

38 minutes ago, Anderz said:

I was thinking that the Chinese social credit score system was absolutely horrible and Orwellian, but then later I learned that it was introduced to deal with big social problems in China. So I have become a bit cautious regarding China. It may even be that the human right crimes are a mere smokescreen to fool the west! Very, very tricky and long-term politics, such as letting Great Britain develop Hong Kong for 100 years as a means of integrating the Chinese economy with the rest of the world. That's what I call long-term planning.

I can agree with your post. Look at the situation that unfolded in Hong Kong, about the protests. What did China do? Send out the triad gang to deal with anti government protesters. Why? To escalate the protest from peaceful to violent, to put pressure on the Hong Kong police and to appear justified to the world that the threat of sending in the army is justified. Manipulation 101 from a collective.

28 minutes ago, Bodigger said:

Anyway, I used to relay new sewers and repair old ones.

How did you apply for that job? 

I'm really interested to hear what you have to say in the next video, every episode I've watched so far has sparked ideas but also frustration that I don't know what to do to help people. I'm confident that I know who to vote for, it's my everyday relationships with people and my community that I feel like I'm really opting out of. 

I think of how Dollar Generals have moved into rural areas everywhere to cater to people who don't have the means to travel to a better place to get food and household items. If I had a magic fairy wand I would turn every Dollar General into a grocery store with healthy fresh food. But would it just sit there and rot? How do you go about doing something so simple as promoting healthier eating and lifestyles in a place that is a food desert? The corporations feed people's lower selves and people's lower selves feed the corporations. Obviously legislation that promotes healthy diet and lifestyle and limits the power of corporations to exploit and add things into food is called for. But how do you improve things on BOTH ends? How do you keep people from feeling like government is forcing them to change but instead empower them with the desire to do it themselves? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw ahh mandy coming out of your stage green stage and slowly breaking into yellow ;) it’s very clear to see your starting a transition. 

What you’ve cited is two casual relationships. This is “content” you must locate the systemic root issue. I.e what is it that is causing both of these things to happen! Changing the system root issue changes both of these in terms of natural flow in a system. 

So what causes both these issues ? 

You answered your own question, you raise the amount of disposable income people with no money have to “OPEN” out their options and realise that god organising things into more complex system. Therefore we hope eventually after enough cases of health issues regarding unhealthy eating. That , your area infested with dollar stores starts to search for sourcing elsewhere, which then requires dollar store to sell two dollar healthy produce ?. So much that it becomes impossible for stores to compete without selling healthy produce to stay competitive. 

However, judging by how complex population crisis is. This section about markets becoming healthier is a pipe dream. It would be a stage turquoise/  highly stage yellow society. But as always responsibility is always now. 

Edited by Aakash