Leo Gura

Who's Interested In Conscious Politics?

747 posts in this topic

She's certainly on point with her big picture. Love that!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura what is your stance on where the biggest trade offs should currently be made in the system of government and what parts should be helped immediately ? 

My opinion is that 

- government spending should be made more transparent (Ranging from 2-7% for now) 

- taxing should be increased on large scale online companies that are soley online 

- more funding should be given to the housing department for the projects 

- the government should invest in renewable energy for blocks around poor areas , to lower their energy bills. (Bit too far fetched realistically) 

- government should regulate Silicon Valley for their investments into tech start up firms 

- government should start up their own research branch into fields of interest. Rather than letting the university lead. 

I can actually think of 1000 different policies. But I’m asking more generally over the trade offs in areas of government than specific policies 

Conscious politics indeed. This speech may even make Williamson win in 2020. For love is stronger than fear, just as how darkness vanishes when light enters.

2 hours ago, Aakash said:

@Leo Gura what is your stance on where the biggest trade offs should currently be made in the system of government and what parts should be helped immediately ? 

My opinion is that 

- government spending should be made more transparent (Ranging from 2-7% for now) 

- taxing should be increased on large scale online companies that are soley online 

- more funding should be given to the housing department for the projects 

- the government should invest in renewable energy for blocks around poor areas , to lower their energy bills. (Bit too far fetched realistically) 

- government should regulate Silicon Valley for their investments into tech start up firms 

- government should start up their own research branch into fields of interest. Rather than letting the university lead. 

I can actually think of 1000 different policies. But I’m asking more generally over the trade offs in areas of government than specific policies 

Those are all generally good ideas. It's just a matter of sorting out the details and setting priorities.

5 hours ago, Aakash said:

That's an interesting idea. Science has become dominated by corporate interests. For example the Editor in Chief of The Lancet, one of the most prestigious medical journals in the world wrote:

"The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness." - https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736(15)60696-1.pdf

Why do so many people look to government to fix things.  It has never fixed or helped me with any challenge in my life.  Growth comes from within us, does it not?  Whenever I get myself into an unwanted situation and have looked outward, the situation worsened.  When I look inward it gets better.  Please, would someone explain why government is the answer to any of our problems.

@Bodigger We look at them so some jerk at the top of the food chain can't just make us all into slaves by controlling all the resources and shutting off the access to those resources we need for our basic survival. If someone had the power to force and coerce you to do things and controlled all the resources and the only way you'd survive is to work for them how could you ever grow? They'd just make you work and work and give you no time to think and nobody could stop them from doing that to you. Do you think the slaves would've liked it if the government stepped in and said slavery is illegal? It's there as a protection against the worst most despicable type of predators. Now the unfortunate thing is sometimes these predators can co opt the government in various ways and make the government do what they want to do and some of this unfortunately is the sad reality in our world Today with things like wage slavery and dark money. If we're responsible conscious human beings we take a look at these things and see what we can do about these things to make sure that nobody feels like they can't make it in the world or there life is just a tool for someone higher up in a social food chain than they are because it's fundamentally sick and unfair. 

Without that all you have is the law of the jungle and survival mode. It's a very medieval existence for a modern world. 

2 hours ago, Bodigger said:

Why do so many people look to government to fix things.  It has never fixed or helped me with any challenge in my life.  Growth comes from within us, does it not?  Whenever I get myself into an unwanted situation and have looked outward, the situation worsened.  When I look inward it gets better.  Please, would someone explain why government is the answer to any of our problems.

Hi Bodigger,

Here I found a good description by Leo why government is needed, from about 24 minutes: Conscious Politics - Part 1 - The Deepest Political Analysis You'll Ever Hear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klWq18u3GiU&t=24m

@Bodigger You are taking government totally for granted.

Everything you own is afforded to you by government. Otherwise it would be stolen and you would be killed.

Government is not here to solve your personal problems. Government is here to set up a good environment for growth.

I'm a huge fan of individual freedom, but it seems to me that the way to get there is with more efficient governments by using information technology on a massive scale, even with international cooperation, and with artificial intelligence support. This will provide safety and vast amounts of services to the people.

In theory, there may be a risk of an Orwellian New World Order with that kind of approach, but when I look at it practically, these functions will emerge along with increasing complexity, and for that to work and be sustainable, it will emerge with the consent of the people, not as some globalist Skynet.

Didn't I say it wasn't perfect and a system of trail an error. In no way am I enamored by the government but, having some form of justice is better than chaos everywhere and being in fear for your life all the time. 

I'm not against that Buckminster Fuller said instead of going up against the current system create a better one and people will come to that. 

Government is there to protect the people....from each other and from outside enterprises.  Our Government was also set up to protect the people from it's own government and we are losing that.

Wow....I have been watching the debates and my head spins with the amount of money they are talking about spending.  And it's not even for our protection.

Say I were to build a house and hired the government to build it.  It would cost me three times more, take three times longer, and in the end it would not be the house I wanted because they know what is best for me.

Please tell me why I want government for my health care provider, my retirement advisor, my teacher, and........my god.

Would you rather it be someone who had a ton of money and just forced you to work on their farm to survive? That's what happens with slavery instead. 

If someone has hoards all the food, resources, and wealth before you were born then what's stopping them from only determining to give it to you if you work for them. You can either work for them or starve it may not be "force" but, that's what happens.