Leo Gura

Who's Interested In Conscious Politics?

747 posts in this topic

@Revolutionary Think I know about UBI and I have heard about Andrew Yang definitely think UBI/Freedom is a great idea ... In France as well some think about implementing it, great theorist economist and sociologist Bernard Friot thought about « lifelong salary », unfortunately the video is long and in French but there are English subtitles...

@Revolutionary Think

47 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

A good idea would be for European Libertarians to directly fight the corrupted bastardized American version by educating people about the economic justice side of it

That would be a great idea ... But people do not understand economy and do not even want to.They find that too boring ... And they are not completely wrong haha but at the same time if you do not have a basic understanding of how economy works you cannot understand politics ... 

@Revolutionary Think yes maybe LA is like that if you say so and live there ... But California as a whole is a great green state inhabited by lots of open-minded conscious and evolved people and San Francisco is such a great city isn’t it ? You’re lucky to live in California ...

No I really don't think so. California has a ton of problems especially LA. I'm lucky I'm conscious but, I got to start making my community more conscious. 

@Emeline This is why when I didn't know the real Libertarianism is, why it disgusted me so much. This is the American bastardized libertarianism at its finest and it's completely grotesque these devils want to roll back the clock to the dark ages. 

sick psycho fee.PNG

Edited by Revolutionary Think

I literally think that my country is f**ked. The blind leading the blind. I need to leave lol. 

Things are getting extremely circle-jerky on both sides, for example the trump people aren't even admitting the obvious points and are just disregarding any criticism without arguing back, just thinking they're right because of group mentality, authoritarianism is going completely unquestioned or even endorsed, win-win-lose situations on the rise, nationalism on the rise as we're approaching the 20s... yeah we have learned nothing from the last century

7 hours ago, Revolutionary Think said:

@Emeline This is why when I didn't know the real Libertarianism is, why it disgusted me so much. This is the American bastardized libertarianism at its finest and it's completely grotesque these devils want to roll back the clock to the dark ages. 

sick psycho fee.PNG

Yeah the argument "blindfolded" is making on whatever platform that is implies that there is some magical vague drawback to taking money that isn't used for anything, and giving it to people who need it, also has a closed minded view thinking that if things are screwed up then the government must be involved, but there are so many examples of this not being the case

UBI isn't perfect but that kind of comment is coming from someone who hasn't listened to the arguments for it

Leo, have you checked out presidential candidate Marianne Williamson? She talks about conscious politics. Could be amazing if she wins.

@Anderz Yeah, but she's also quite naive and politically inexperienced.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Yes, I was wondering about how much political experience she has. I was thinking of her more as a spiritual teacher and very experienced in that field. I heard she ran for Congress in 2014 supported by Deepak Chopra. I'm very impressed by her talk about transcending the ego collectively.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Anderz Yeah, but she's also quite naive and politically inexperienced.

That's why she should team up with Bernie. Sanders/Williamson 2020. A match made in heaven.

This video here shows her lack of political experience:

Of course it's nice that's she's so open to changing her mind. But it also shows that she hasn't thought all her positions through.

Don't get me wrong, I like her a lot. But success in politics requires more than being a spiritual guru. Spiritual gurus do not necessarily make the best politicians.

Overall I'm thrilled that she's in the debates. She's helping elevate the political discourse which is what we badly need.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"... politics as we usually think of politics does not come from that place. It is a conversation that is very disconnected of the heart. It is a conversation that has become increasingly disconnected from our deep humanity ... from our deepest democratic values ... when we turn away from that which is political, we are turning away from a conversation that, yes has become very toxic, but that doesn't mean that that conversation was without power ... and when you are talking about politics in the United States of America, the most powerful country in the world, you are talking about a conversation that has power." - Marianne Williamson at LA Conscious Life Expo: February 22, 2019

"In 1776 our Founders brought forth on this planet an extraordinary new possibility. It was the idea that people, no matter who they were, would simply have the possibility of thriving. We have not ever totally ACTUALIZED ;) this ideal, but at the times when we have done best we have tried and when forces have opposed them, generations of Americans have risen up and pushed back against those forces. We did that with abolition, and with women's suffrage and with civil rights. And now it is time for a generation of Americans to rise up again, for an amoral economic system has turned short-term profits for huge multinational corporations into a false god. And this new false god takes precedence over the safety and the health and well-being of we the American people and the people of the world and the planet on which we live.

Conventional politics will not solve this problem, because conventional politics is part of the problem. We the American people must rise up and do what we do best and create a new possibility: say no to what we don't want and yes to what we know can be true. I am Marianne Williamson and that's why I am running for President." - Marianne Williamson, Democratic Presidential Debate July 30 2019