Leo Gura

Who's Interested In Conscious Politics?

747 posts in this topic

On 21.6.2019 at 8:55 AM, Leo Gura said:

@winterknight FYI, Elizabeth Warren will take corporate PAC money and big donor money in the General Election.

This is an important point which differentiates her from Bernie, who will not do that.

When consious politics will be published? 

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

On 6/21/2019 at 2:53 PM, Leo Gura said:

So ideas matter. The pen is mightier than the sword.

In the final episode of game of thrones, tyrion lannister said there is nothing more powerful than a good story. Nothing can stop it. Nothing can defeat it.

Communism is a delusion but a good story. Muslim terrorists have a good story.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat You ARE a good story ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 9.6.2019 at 7:30 AM, Leo Gura said:

The structure of the best government for maximizing consciousness is really a structural engineering problem. Some designs will be much better than others. The problem is that no one really knows what the best design is. This requires an evolutionary process to discover. Just like designing the best rocket.

How does one measure consciousness, i.e. how does one know one has succeeded?

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@CreamCat What stops it from having a will? But first, how do you know it having a will is not another story? xD

11 hours ago, Commodent said:

How does one measure consciousness, i.e. how does one know one has succeeded?

Consciousness is fundamental. You cannot measure it because it is the means by which all measurement is made.

In other words, consciousness is self-knowing.

But more practically it actually is possible to devise tests for consciousness. Such tests have already been created and they can quickly show you how conscious you are. Of course if you're not very conscious you will reject the test's validity because who wants to admit they are not conscious?

10 hours ago, CreamCat said:

How does a mere story have will?

It doesn't, rather infinite Will has a good story ;)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But more practically it actually is possible to devise tests for consciousness. Such tests have already been created and they can quickly show you how conscious you are.

Interesting. Some examples?

44 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Interesting. Some examples?

IPEC, the coach training program I completed has a Myers-Briggs-like assessment for gauging a person's level of consciousness. It's quite good but they charge money to take it. That's just one example.

It's not hard to design a questionnaire which will assess a person's level of consciousness.

Here are a few same questions:

On a scale of 1 to 5, rate how much you agree or disagree with the following statements:

• Nothing is bad in the world. The world is perfect exactly as it is.
  • I am able to give love freely to all living beings.
  • Fear is an illusion.
  • All living beings are interconnected.
  • Science is a partial, narrow, relative way of understanding the world.
  • If the body is destroyed, my true self will not be harmed.
  • Morality is a relative human invention.
  • Every religion is part true, and part false.
  • I am responsible for creating my emotions.
  • All evil is done out of lack of consciousness & ignorance.

Etc.

An unconscious person will not be able to strongly agree to any of the above statements because their ego is too insecure and because their everyday experience does not demonstrate the above truths.

To an unconscious person the above questionnaire will appear stupid, childish, hopelessly unrealistic, and even delusional. Which precisely tells you their level of consciousness.

Thoughts on the first round of democratic debates?

Kamala Harris was the overall winner. She came across as extremely presidential, great speaker, and hit Biden hard. 

Bernie underperformed but he’ll have another chance to speak longer and with fewer people. And maybe the biggest winner of all is Bernie’s ideas. I wish he had talked about how his ideas, once laughed at, are now mainstream.

Mayor Pete handled the police shooting controversy very well, and overall had a great performance, as usual. 

Elizabeth Warren did just fine, but not necessarily an inspiring performance.

Biden’s main applause was from mentioning Obama. 

I thought Gillibrand, Booker, Bennet, and Castro did the most to break out from irrelevancy to getting some national attention, but neither have much of a chance. De Blasio was pretty fiery as well.

And the rest have little to no chance of getting very far in the primaries.

I was disappointed that Andrew Yang got only 3 minutes to speak, and was practically unable to address any topic other than UBI, and even then had about 5% as much time as he needed to make a strong argument for it. (Not that I’m #yanggang, I feel like political experience is an important criteria for... the president).

Marianne Williamson was not taken seriously, which I understand.

Beto’s popularity has plummeted.

Still a long way to go. *cooks popcorn*

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

On 6/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, InfinitePotential said:

Removing incentives to buy yachts!! 

https://youtu.be/7txygGSM4OY

"but but but pirating is absolutely immoral and unethnical"

@InfinitePotential Yeah, Yang got screwed. He under-performed the most.

Bernie was meh. He needs to step it up.

Overall great debates. The format is just too short though.

@Leo Gura I was amazed that they dont mute speakers when it is not their turn. Its 2019 (well we imagine its 2019) how are they so unprepared for the simplest things! Could of saved at least 20 minutes to let every candidate have a say lol

Edited by Beard
The -> they *

7 hours ago, InfinitePotential said:

Thoughts on the first round of democratic debates?

Kamala Harris was the overall winner. She came across as extremely presidential, great speaker, and hit Biden hard. 

Bernie underperformed but he’ll have another chance to speak longer and with fewer people. And maybe the biggest winner of all is Bernie’s ideas. I wish he had talked about how his ideas, once laughed at, are now mainstream.

Mayor Pete handled the police shooting controversy very well, and overall had a great performance, as usual. 

Elizabeth Warren did just fine, but not necessarily an inspiring performance.

Biden’s main applause was from mentioning Obama. 

I thought Gillibrand, Booker, Bennet, and Castro did the most to break out from irrelevancy to getting some national attention, but neither have much of a chance. De Blasio was pretty fiery as well.

And the rest have little to no chance of getting very far in the primaries.

I was disappointed that Andrew Yang got only 3 minutes to speak, and was practically unable to address any topic other than UBI, and even then had about 5% as much time as he needed to make a strong argument for it. (Not that I’m #yanggang, I feel like political experience is an important criteria for... the president).

Marianne Williamson was not taken seriously, which I understand.

Beto’s popularity has plummeted.

Still a long way to go. *cooks popcorn*

Kamala was good at sparking the emotional appeal, but she did not really mention any plans. We can all say the way things should be, but that doesnt mean we have any idea of how to actually change it. Bernie and Yang were the only ones who seemed to have any form of a plan. (Correct me if I'm wrong :))

15 minutes ago, Beard said:

@Leo Gura I was amazed that they dont mute speakers when it is not their turn. Its 2019 (well we imagine its 2019) how are they so unprepared for the simplest things! Could of saved at least 20 minutes to let every candidate have a say lol

They muted Yang's mic as he said afterwards.

You also gotta understand, these debates are a business. NBC wants the candidates to fight and create drama. That's what gets them ratings. They don't want a boring debate. They want to see blood spilled.

I'm amaze they don't yet have a battle royale American Gladiators style :D

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They muted Yang's mic as he said afterwards.

You also gotta understand, these debates are a business. NBC wants the candidates to fight and create drama. That's what gets them ratings. They don't want a boring debate. They want to see blood spilled.

I'm amaze they don't yet have a battle royale American Gladiators style :D

No way! I did not hear about that wow. LMAO hunger games to be the candidate ?

44 minutes ago, Beard said:

No way! I did not hear about that wow. LMAO hunger games to be the candidate ?

There was a video of Yang on Youtube talking about how his mic was cut. It's a shaky smartphone video. Can't find it now.