Leo Gura

Who's Interested In Conscious Politics?

747 posts in this topic

quite different

What's society?

In the past, people lived in small associations, starting with the family, the extended family, the tribe, the village, the valley, etc. And yet, in a sense, the whole of humanity was a sociably connected "society" with sometimes generous trade routes.

What do you have in mind with the word "society"? You think on other scales. Now that your ancestors have forcibly placed tribal society on the feet of nations, you dream of a world with a single world government, as if the problems of Ireland in India and China were to be resolved.

What's true about your story: You are not born into a family voluntarily. That's all there is to it.

But when a certain day comes, it is better for both sides to leave the parents. That is beyond dispute. And so tribes and primitive peoples have always been divided because it was better for them. If they did not do that, then it were slave-owning societies. 
What you want is to shift the organizational level of an absolutely authoritarian tribe (and not all of them were authoritarian at all) to the global level in the modern thinking of egalitarianism (from the left) and you also call this "spiral dynamics" to expand consciousness for the ultimate goal of "good government".
This is simply megalomaniac. Cage keeping is not rooted in our nature. There have always been ways to get away from something, to escape exploitation or to find better ways. Only this makes a human and loving society possible at all. 

@Rilles

I'd rather be kicked out, wouldn't I? And that would ironically prove that I don't belong to your society after all.

2 minutes ago, Norbert Lennartz said:

@Rilles

I'd rather be kicked out, wouldn't I? And that would ironically prove that I don't belong to your society after all.

Whats your problem with society? You live here. Its not all fair but you do and you have to adapt to it. Freedom comes with limits. I dont love society but thats life. I live here and I dont have a choice. I sure as hell dont want to live in the wild 2000 years ago getting buttraped by bandits and eaten by wolves. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Joseph Maynor 

I see consciousness as a watcher, a judge that makes observations but never interferences nor gets its hands dirty. Dirty work is for the devils, and I don't think any amount of consciousness can keep it under control, at least not right now.

I prefer to focus on my personal life.

@Leo GuraMost interested in conscious politics. Hope to see a video soon

Edited by JL

• What are the proper expectations we who are into consciousness and nonduality can expect a more consicious and integrated world through politics and policy change?
  • Covering the realities of how Marxism is actually correct along with the limitations of it.
  • What our role is as conscious creators who are moving towards 2nd and even 3rd tier in creating a more conscious society and how we can infuse that with politics? 
  • Ecodharma and politics 
  • What would 2nd Tier politics and society even look like?
  • What kinds of policy changes in our systemic national and global societal infrastructure need to be changed in order to elevate the rest of mankind up Maslows Hierarchy, Spiral Dynamics, and other such stages of development and of course towards the possibility of being able to achieve liberation much easily for everybody? Such as UBI, legalization of psychedelics, etc.

This is a sure way to sink your channel down the outrage rabbit hole. 

Edited by Quicksilver
Typo

@Norbert Lennartz dude. Drop your ideology and be willing to empty your cup and learn or go somewhere else. You’re just be a closed minded ideological devil. You’re a hypocrite to the very ideological dribble you keep regurgitating. 

Edited by kieranperez

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

@Joseph Maynor 

I see consciousness as a watcher, a judge that makes observations but never interferences nor gets its hands dirty. Dirty work is for the devils, and I don't think any amount of consciousness can keep it under control, at least not right now.

I prefer to focus on my personal life.

Yep.  Politics Work is for after you get your own life handled; then you go and do politics.  Otherwise it just becomes another fertile ground for a person to use to mentally bypass and dissociate from working on their own actual, mundane life.  You gotta become mindful that hiding-away into anything to avoid your own life tendency and pull it out by the root!  I used to have this tendency too so I understand.  This is hard to teach people because facing, fixing, and prioritizing your own mundane life can be very hard to get someone to do who wants to run and hide from their mundane, actual life.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Norbert Lennartz Your approach isn't working. How many posts will it take before you see it needs to be changed before you reach anybody. Target your audience instead of yourself. 

The problem with politics is that before the people partaking in it have evolved to stage yellow and beyond, theres literally no point in engaging with it because the answer to all the questions will invariably be: "help people evolve into yellow" 

As long as politicians and the different electorate groups only see politics as a mean to achieve material gains for themselves and their groups there will be no objective discussion about any of the real issues, only playing ego games. 

Therefore, imo, you are already doing the most effective political actions out there which is raising people consciousness towards yellow. Once a good % of society is at yellow, it will make sense to discuss solutions to real issues. 

19 minutes ago, Quicksilver said:

The problem with politics is that before the people partaking in it have evolved to stage yellow and beyond, theres literally no point in engaging with it because the answer to all the questions will invariably be: "help people evolve into yellow" 

As long as politicians and the different electorate groups only see politics as a mean to achieve material gains for themselves and their groups there will be no objective discussion about any of the real issues, only playing ego games. 

Therefore, imo, you are already doing the most effective political actions out there which is raising people consciousness towards yellow. Once a good % of society is at yellow, it will make sense to discuss solutions to real issues. 

If you're gonna touch the subject of politics in my opinion you better show practically how Politics Work is an aspect of Personal Development Work.  No frou-frou spouting off at the mouth about politics is gonna be enough.  We already have enough of that.  If you're gonna even talk about Politics Work as a personal development teacher, you gotta emphasize vision, strategy, and taking action in Politics Work as a very advanced form of Personal Development Work that one can do in my opinion.  No mere mouthing off and dissociating into politics please, the Internet is already so badly infected by that meme.  So, if you're gonna touch politics, do it right, don't use it to hide away or to further hammer in your own pet beliefs and theories about politics.  Nobody cares about that.  Keep it personal development focused with an emphasis on taking action to improve political systems such that the focus is on solving real societal problems rather than white-knuckle clinging to or spouting-off ideology.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Quicksilver
It's not a question of time or numbers.
If, for example, it is possible to remove the possibility of taxation by means of crypto-technology or whatever the state may be, then everything will change.
And look how angry they are all here. They would then have to channel their anger into something other than violence. :)

Where is the plan? the strategy? how are we going to move forward with this. Everyone here is just talking about how more consciousness = better, so lets spread the word? All flowers and roses...

Sound like pretty naive stage green thinking.

What is the plan to pry the government away from the ownership of companies and give the power back to the people?

-

Might want to think about creating our own country, likely decentralized digital block chain based. A country that can exist and operate distributed all over the world. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?