Leo Gura

Who's Interested In Conscious Politics?

747 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Doesnt different country have different politics?

Somewhat, but the foundations of good politics and good government are universal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

26 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Doesnt different country have different politics?

Oh yes, one country forbids discussing the details of the Holocaust, one country forbids discussing the details of 9/11, one country communitizes the production of bread, one country communitizes the production of shoes, in one country women are not allowed to drive a car, in one country they are not allowed to drive diesel through the city. You cannot know what is happening.
But whatever happens: What is certain is that all this is a systemic continuation of the survival strategy of the state idea of each individual.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Somewhat, but the foundations of good politics and good government are universal.

The fundamental basis of any "good policy" or "good government" is that you are able to participate voluntarily. It is an offer that you can refuse gratefully. But that would violate the definition of a state. 

@Leo Gura I was thinking the same and was wondering to make a research, what a coincidence. I would love to see what it like. Interested. 

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes. Sadhguru shows a little favour to right wing politics here. Indian politics is absolute opposite of American or anywhere. Right wing here have more democratic process of selecting candidate, it has a cadre back up, cadre being another organisation that doesnt involve in governance but is in for Hindu Country. On the other hand left wing is following tribal mentality like a family holds the power of a party.  Left wing when in power tried to appease minority, and that backfired and made the right wing more powerful with majority. Left wing is using appeasment politics and victim mentality. One month back major election was there and left parties tried to consolidate Minority like muslims by instilling fear in the mind and giving them a victim outlook. 

When people here in forum says goods of being a left wing or liberal an indian like me who was raised in a political family, who practised journalism gets really confused. ?

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Politics has screwed our (UK) young people's future opportunities. So yes this video is needed. Also I'm interested to hear that doing this video is also a distraction from your inner work, so why do it? 

Better prepare some seizure medication, I feel Im about to get triggered.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Leo - Is it possible to have a very high level of consciousness, Awoke, intelligent, and still vote for Trump in 2020? (if he is on the ballot)  

2 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Leo - Is it possible to have a very high level of consciousness, Awoke, intelligent, and still vote for Trump in 2020? (if he is on the ballot)  

Sure. A high consciousness person would likely for the highest consciousness person running. Possible, yes. Likely? Probably not. High consciousness doesn't entail one way of thinking or being. It's more like a guideline. 

5 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Thats like asking, should I eat this meal cooked by Gordon Ramsay himself or this soggy burger from McDonalds. Youll know the answer if youre a bit woke.

@Leo Gura You are going to do episodes on this topic, thats fine. But why are you telling this here, opening up a thread? I dont remember you did this in recent times before an upcoming episode. Is it something going to be special?

Just curious.

Usually, politics is a topic that I am seldom interested in. A video like the one coming/announced, might turn that around.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

I mean, personally, I would never vote for Trump.  But I served my time in the military, volunteer, do good for the community...please don't tell me I should vote.  "Oh you can vote for an independent or fill-in" Sounds closed minded to me.  I vote to not vote as a statement.

Do you really think a person with Buddha nature or Jesus ethics would stand for election?

22 minutes ago, Norbert Lennartz said:

Do you really think a person with Buddha nature or Jesus ethics would stand for election?

Why not?

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Why not?

Because they have no reason to.

You make the reason through your limited thinking. You are the one who invokes the ghosts.

3 minutes ago, Norbert Lennartz said:

You make the reason through your limited thinking. You are the one who invokes the ghosts.

And what if they do? Are they still Enlightened? 

https://tricycle.org/magazine/should-buddhists-vote/

Edited by Rilles

6 minutes ago, Norbert Lennartz said:

Understanding the absolute does not mean to be complacent in the relative.

Nondual does not eliminate the dual. Its additive, not subtractive.

6 minutes ago, Rilles said:

And what if they do? Are they still Enlightened? 

If they did, it'd be for no reason. It is your limited mind that asks this question.

2 minutes ago, Norbert Lennartz said:

If they did, it'd be for no reason. It is your limited mind that asks this question.

So they would stand for it but it would be for no reason. I see. I dont think you have to be Enlightened for that though. You can just do things for no reason.