Shaun

Is anyone on here enlightened and stuck in wage slavery?

26 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

I'm not enlightened (yet), but I have not worked a wage job in over a decade. I will never work for a corporation again. I lowered my bills as low as I could. I live in a conversion home bus, so no rent. I get food at food banks, which is awesome. I participate in government programs, so I get free health care, free cell phone and cell service. I get internet at local libraries and coffee houses. I don't pay taxes. Gas is about the only expense I have. So my monthly money expenditures are about $50-$100 total. So I can do one day of work and have that be my months money. Over the past decade I have earned money numerous ways, all of which have been enjoyable. I've been a performer, made and sold leather clothing, I've done odd jobs under the table. The secrete is to delete what society says in you having to play their game. You don't. There are endless ways to live and not be a slave to anyone. You don't need all the possessions crap. Trust me, living simply, being 100% free and not being a slave, is endlessly more peaceful than being a slave in the game. If I can do it, so can anyone. 

yes, this! I'm doing the same and I have been supporting a family doing it for years and years

I  got rid of almost all my bills, my car, everything I could and I make art, and do other things to make as much money as I can

like he says there are endless things you can do

if you don't work you have all day to look for benefits and apply for them, we get free electricity, free phone, free medical, free food...

I worry sometimes but it works for me even though I only "know" everything will be fine part of the time

I have huge freedom, but it's just knowing what to do. I should just try and see what works I suppose. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun  I always loved working with my hands. Mechanical and carpentry is my thing. It came naturally and as I worked at it my skill level expanded of course over time.

It never felt like a 9 to 5 job. It was a perfect fit. Maybe it was the instant gratification of seeing something created out nothing like building a deck on someone's home. Or fixing something that was broken and making it even better then new. I was never out of work. If I needed money there is always someone who needed a leaky roof repaired so to speak.  I knew a few others guys that did carpentry/remodeling too so if they had a job that needed extra help they'd give me a call and I would offer the same to them when I needed help.

The gist of what I'm saying is if you have skills you can write your own story not be a pawn in someone else's story. If you have skills people will be willing to pay you for your service. Also the piece of mind knowing that work is always available no matter where you go.  

On that note: have you ever considered living the van life? Living in a home on wheels and traveling? Did that for a while. It was great. I felt like a turtle with my home on my back wherever I went. No regrets!!!!:)

2 hours ago, cetus56 said:

On that note: have you ever considered living the van life? Living in a home on wheels and traveling? Did that for a while. It was great. I felt like a turtle with my home on my back wherever I went. No regrets!!!!:)

Abso-frikin-lutely. It's the best. Waking up with the ocean, the mountains, the forest, all out your front door. 

On 6/7/2019 at 11:59 PM, cetus56 said:

@Shaun  I always loved working with my hands. Mechanical and carpentry is my thing. It came naturally and as I worked at it my skill level expanded of course over time.

It never felt like a 9 to 5 job. It was a perfect fit. Maybe it was the instant gratification of seeing something created out nothing like building a deck on someone's home. Or fixing something that was broken and making it even better then new. I was never out of work. If I needed money there is always someone who needed a leaky roof repaired so to speak.  I knew a few others guys that did carpentry/remodeling too so if they had a job that needed extra help they'd give me a call and I would offer the same to them when I needed help.

The gist of what I'm saying is if you have skills you can write your own story not be a pawn in someone else's story. If you have skills people will be willing to pay you for your service. Also the piece of mind knowing that work is always available no matter where you go.  

I would do that but there are no electric campers available yet. I'm feeling totally demotivated because of all this nonduality stuff and I just want to get rid of everything and rest.  I've got a mushroom trip planned and that might reset my outlook on life.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”