Shaun

Is anyone on here enlightened and stuck in wage slavery?

26 posts in this topic

Is anyone on here enlightened and stuck in wage slavery? If not, then is it possible?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

I think the first step would be to stop considering it as wage slavery and taking control of your own life and finances instead of feeling like someone else controls it. This might require you to sacrifice a little more than you feel you're willing to, or just focusing on saving a bit more.

However, there are plenty of awakened minds that started with little money. As long as you are not overly concerned about your basic survival needs, you can move beyond financial constraints. 

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

@Shaun I'm in the same boat, although I don't know if I'm enlightened lol.

My life is literally work and then home and then bed, constantly thinking all day about how to get out of this. My job isn't too bad, its good money, its long hours, and it can get fucking stressful. I just can't for the life of me think of any ideas of how to get out, although I have recently been looking at Amazon FBA...

Its tough, but I look around at people and most people are in the same boat as us... Its incredibly hard to find a way out...

Also, I've come to realise how important it is to get the financial side of things in place BEFORE the spiritual side of things. But I don't know how true that is...

I'm with you on this! Message me privately if you want to talk about this stuff.

1 hour ago, RawJudah said:

My life is literally work and then home and then bed, constantly thinking all day about how to get out of this. My job isn't too bad, its good money, its long hours, and it can get fucking stressful. I just can't for the life of me think of any ideas of how to get out, although I have recently been looking at Amazon FBA...

Its tough, but I look around at people and most people are in the same boat as us... Its incredibly hard to find a way out...

Also, I've come to realise how important it is to get the financial side of things in place BEFORE the spiritual side of things. But I don't know how true that is...

I'm with you on this! Message me privately if you want to talk about this stuff.

Great to see someone I can relate to. I am seriously getting desperate, so much so that I have been playing the damn lottery knowing fine well that it's rigged. The only option I can see is living for a few years with my dad who is on the dole but that's really not ideal. I make £60 a month on youtube so that's not an option to live on. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Taking on a practice of gratitude and appreciation can really shift your attention from being trapped (which is a projection) to being lucky and thankful.  It may sound silly, but just look at whats there instead of whats not or not yet.

1 minute ago, Mu_ said:

Taking on a practice of gratitude and appreciation can really shift your attention from being trapped (which is a projection) to being lucky and thankful.  It may sound silly, but just look at whats there instead of whats not or not yet.

It's counter intuitive but worth a try. 

@Mu_ I am grateful, and I know I am more lucky than others. But I also want more from life, there HAS to be more to life than just working, coming home, having something to eat and then off to bed. The only way I can see out of that is financial independence, where you are free all day to do whatever you want, and still have money coming in from your business.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know!

There is no way out of wage slavery for most people obviously. In my opinion one can not be enlightened while on wage slavery.

That would the best thing possible for such a person. It's like an alien coming from the sky with his spaceship getting me out of my house and then beaming my house away with his spaceship and disappearing. I lost my house it sucks but, it's totally worth it. I'm guessing thats how it would be for an enlightened person to be stuck on wage slavery, just perfect.

The self imposed limitations are found in the I am’s, the I’m not’s, the I cant’s, the it is, the it isn’t’s, the I don’ts, the i have to’s, the I should’s, the shouldn’t’s. Take the ‘I’ out, and pop ‘the life’ in.   Think in terms of what you actually want in your life. Write it down, and allow thoughts to arise which fill in to get there. Finite thoughts arise from the infinite potential self. Let go of thoughts about the very You which is the creator & supplier of the thoughts. Unlimit, unblock, un-know your Self. Letting go of a thought rather than identifying from it allows a better feeling ‘space’, a more creative space, In which a resonating thought can arise...better, clearer, more comprehensive thought. This can go on for a very long time. You are already all you could ever need, and a perfect match to where you are. Meditation is the way. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Mu_ I am grateful, and I know I am more lucky than others. But I also want more from life, there HAS to be more to life than just working, coming home, having something to eat and then off to bed. The only way I can see out of that is financial independence, where you are free all day to do whatever you want, and still have money coming in from your business.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know!

I get you, however how come you need more if your grateful and know yourself to be lucky?  WHY isnt this enough, really ask yourself.  Look deeply at this, really set aside 20-30 mins of inner asking in silence a few times a week till you get down into it.  Maybe you'll find a genuine heart felt yearning for something when doing this.  Follow this, make time for it and put energy towards that.  Leave open what it may be, even if its more money.  Nahm brings up some good points as well to consider.

Edited by Mu_

23 hours ago, Shaun said:

Is anyone on here enlightened and stuck in wage slavery? If not, then is it possible?

I don't think of my job as wage slavery. It's just what is. If I was doing something else, would be the same, just Being.

And I'm grateful :)

I am very far from enlightenment but am indeed stuck in regular 9-5 dependant on single income. For past 2 years I have been re-educating myself and gathering what Cal Newport calls Career capital so that I can transition at some point within next 24 months. 

Looking at it like wage slavery was painful so I adopted a view of "this is the type of life I chose because I did not know any better in my teens and early youth. This job allows me to study, to invest in my health and food and without it I would not be able to afford spending the money towards my Life Purpose and making some investments I had to make". 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

The self imposed limitations are found in the I am’s, the I’m not’s, the I cant’s, the it is, the it isn’t’s, the I don’ts, the i have to’s, the I should’s, the shouldn’t’s. Take the ‘I’ out, and pop ‘the life’ in.   Think in terms of what you actually want in your life. Write it down, and allow thoughts to arise which fill in to get there. Finite thoughts arise from the infinite potential self. Let go of thoughts about the very You which is the creator & supplier of the thoughts. Unlimit, unblock, un-know your Self. Letting go of a thought rather than identifying from it allows a better feeling ‘space’, a more creative space, In which a resonating thought can arise...better, clearer, more comprehensive thought. This can go on for a very long time. You are already all you could ever need, and a perfect match to where you are. Meditation is the way. 

Thanks, I've got a solid meditation habit in place and it definitely helps my wellbeing. I think the only thing I can do just now is study electrical engineering at college and try to get a job I enjoy more. Or I could maybe win the lottery if it wasn't rigged. 

Pursue financial goals and spiritual goals simultaneously.  Here's why.  They will both come together at some point.  Consciousness will be continually expanding.  Awakening will radically expand consciousness as you have tapped into Infinite Intelligence.  New doors will open to you that you never discovered before.  So even if you have a 9-5 job at first, as consciousness expands your possibilities will expand and you will realize these new possibilities and work towards actualizing them.  So it doesn't matter which comes first.

You were always God and you always will be.  What part you play is still the whole and always was.  

Wage slavery and non-wage slavery are dualities.  So when you shift perspective to Oneness those dualities dissolve.  So in a sense it is irrelevant in the big picture.  Of course, we live our lives from a dualistic perspective - so this is easier said than done - but if you can consciously shift from duality to non-duality you will remain conscious that you are just God playing the role of wage slave for a short time :x and its just a role.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I'm not enlightened (yet), but I have not worked a wage job in over a decade. I will never work for a corporation again. I lowered my bills as low as I could. I live in a conversion home bus, so no rent. I get food at food banks, which is awesome. I participate in government programs, so I get free health care, free cell phone and cell service. I get internet at local libraries and coffee houses. I don't pay taxes. Gas is about the only expense I have. So my monthly money expenditures are about $50-$100 total. So I can do one day of work and have that be my months money. Over the past decade I have earned money numerous ways, all of which have been enjoyable. I've been a performer, made and sold leather clothing, I've done odd jobs under the table. The secrete is to delete what society says in you having to play their game. You don't. There are endless ways to live and not be a slave to anyone. You don't need all the possessions crap. Trust me, living simply, being 100% free and not being a slave, is endlessly more peaceful than being a slave in the game. If I can do it, so can anyone. 

@Jed Vassallo that may not be practical for someone with a family.  They may need a regular job but they can use it as a stepping stone to owning their own business or starting up something on the side such as writing books, etc.

It's all in your perspective.  If you know it's a stepping stone than thats what it is.  If you look at it as being trapped you'll stay trapped.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Mu_ said:

So I just made this for you and thought I may share it since it has useful wisdom for others

I hugely appreciate this! Thankyou for taking the time.