whoareyou

Inside Mooji's Cult

259 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Esoteric said:

Tanya White is batshit fucking crazy. Yes it is confirmed she was a follower. There are also videos of her being irritated at Mooji because she didn't feel acknowledged by him. There are other videos of her clearly being an emotional mess. So wow, how shocking she would eventually turn on him. Almost as shocking as Sheila (was that her name?) turning on Osho. I mean who saw that coming?!

It is seriously scary how easy it is to use sexual misconduct allegations to attack someone. You don't even need to be a good writer or come from a credible source. People will eat it all up anyway.

Why do you automatically assume that she is "batshit crazy"? Do you say the same about the women who come out after they been raped?

If she was an actual victim of abuse, it would not be surprising to see her be irritated. What she said in this video, is BEYOND sexual allegations.

She states that:

1) There is a clear abuse of power. He is a predator who preys on the women under the pretext of "spiritual master"

2) People are manipulated and silenced

3) It's a cult - they do a lot of cultish things there all the time

4) Women are told that if they have sex with him, their awakening would come quicker

5) Get out while you can

6) His non-dual teachings are the TRUTH, but he doesn't have a monopoly on the truth.

What she says is very reasonable, doesn't actually come off as crazy to me, and seems genuine. 

Watch your own projections - you could very well be wrong.

Edited by whoareyou

19 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Why do you automatically assume that she is "batshit crazy"? Do you say the same about the women who come out after they been raped?

If she was an actual victim of abuse, it would not be surprising to see her be irritated. What she said in this video, is BEYOND sexual allegations.

She states that:

1) There is a clear abuse of power. He is a predator who preys on the women under the pretext of "spiritual master"

2) People are manipulated and silenced

3) It's a cult - they do a lot of cultish things there all the time

4) Women are told that if they have sex with him, their awakening would come quicker

5) Get out while you can

6) His non-dual teachings are the TRUTH, but he doesn't have a monopoly on the truth.

What she says is very reasonable, doesn't actually come off as crazy to me, and seems genuine. 

Watch your own projections - you could very well be wrong.

I'm not denying I could be wrong. But she can state things all she wants but where is the evidence for any of this? 

Have you seen her videos with Mooji? I have seen her on 2 occasions on Mooji satsangs being really emotionally unstable. And yeah, calling her crazy was inconsiderate of me. She was clearly awestruck and dependant on Mooji it seemed like though, feeling rejected by him and made a fuzz about it. This video was on her youtube channel but I see she has taken it down. Imo she clearly could have gotten mad at Mooji again and wanted him destroyed. Emotions are strong shit.

No why would I say that about women who have come out being raped? That is just a silly question from you. Tanya White wasn't even accusing of rape. I am talking about this case. Hell, I am not even saying fishy things aren't going on there at the ashram. But from what I gathered I am not impressed at all with they "have" on him.

No matter what happened behind the closed doors of his ashram, one thing is for sure - his days as a glorified guru are over. The illusion he created ain't gonna work any longer, he knows he screwed it all up. Perhaps transitioning to a quiet retirement would be appropriate for him right now.

26 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

I'm not denying I could be wrong. But she can state things all she wants but where is the evidence for any of this? 

Have you seen her videos with Mooji? I have seen her on 2 occasions on Mooji satsangs being really emotionally unstable. And yeah, calling her crazy was inconsiderate of me. She was clearly awestruck and dependant on Mooji it seemed like though, feeling rejected by him and made a fuzz about it. This video was on her youtube channel but I see she has taken it down. Imo she clearly could have gotten mad at Mooji again and wanted him destroyed. Emotions are strong shit.

No why would I say that about women who have come out being raped? That is just a silly question from you. Tanya White wasn't even accusing of rape. I am talking about this case. Hell, I am not even saying fishy things aren't going on there at the ashram. But from what I gathered I am not impressed at all with they "have" on him.

Do you understand that she is not the only person? Besides her, you can find a lot of reports online - and all have similarities to what she has said and the reporter wrote on that article. I have provided links to some of the stories in this thread.

Do you understand why the people who were abused, choose to stay anonymous?  Do you understand how hard it would be to gather sufficient "evidence" in this case?

Why do other spiritual teachers don't have anything like this about them?

Regarding rape, I used it as an anology. When rape victims come out, do you usually say the same thing - it's not sufficient evidence? You treat that situation differently.

Of course we can't know 100%, and I could be wrong, but there is certainly a lot of red flags.

Edited by whoareyou

@whoareyou my concern is if these complaints are true, how come Mooji still roaming and doing this thing as if nothing happened?

But its true that lots of spiritual circles and communities are withdrawing their support for Mooji e.g. Buddha at the Gas pump took down Mooji's interview and removed him from their list.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just now, Preetom said:

@whoareyou my concern is if these complaints are true, how come Mooji still roaming and doing this thing as if nothing happened?

But its true that lots of spiritual circles and communities are withdrawing their support for Mooji e.g. Buddha at the Gas pump took down Mooji's interview and removed him from their list.

Because most people would be silenced and would be scared to come out.  He also has a lot of followers, who would defend him till the end.

That's how most cults are able to operate without any repercussions.

Did you see some of the replies in this thread? People would just assume the victims are the crazy. Imagine being one of the victims.

8 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Or not.

I feel sorry for you people who instantly believe anything you hear. Especially in these days of desinformation where fake news are common.

I didn't say I believed everything I hear.  What I meant was his reputation is being marred almost beyond repair, whether the accusations are true or not. 

I mean aren't all the developed counties boast about their 'good' justice system?

Its not like mooji is some cult leader in some jungle in Kenya.

How come there are so many victims and yet they cant get help from the legal system or any NGO associated with these stuff.

Anyway I saw videos where it is explained that Mooji has his own team of lawyers and somehow he has managed to have a monopoly over this entire situation.

Anyone trying to upload such allegations on YouTube against mooji gets threatened by his lawyers 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

And also: if Mooji did something bad the women would've reported him to the police. 

Maybe they are having sex willingly, and whatever stuff willingly, then I don't see any problem.

Yeah I think Leo already addressed this aspect in his earlier response. Some women went into the affair willingly and probably got bitter when realized they're not gonna get what they wanted from him, like exclusivity of some sort or whatever, so went all war on him. That's probably what really happened there.

On 06/06/2019 at 0:56 AM, Leo Gura said:

As for exorcisms, that's a standard spiritual practice. If you do lots of shamanic breathing / Holotropic breathing you will understand what exorcism means.

@Leo Gura please, could you elaborate a bit more on this?

Last year, during my Bufo trip, after the peak subsided, the ego came back and I panicked and almost started to convulse. 

After watching a video recording of the trip, I was surprised at how exorcism-like it looked from a third-person perspective. I haven't experienced this on any other psychedelic or through any other spiritual practice.

Is that what you actually mean?  

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

12 minutes ago, legendary said:

@Leo Gura please, could you elaborate a bit more on this?

Last year, during my Bufo trip, after the peak subsided, the ego came back and I panicked and almost started to convulse. 

After watching a video recording of the trip, I was surprised at how exorcism-like it looked from a third-person perspective. I haven't experienced this on any other psychedelic or through any other spiritual practice.

Is that what you actually mean?  

Just Maya punishing you for trying to escape the matrix 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

34 minutes ago, Preetom said:

I mean aren't all the developed counties boast about their 'good' justice system?

Its not like mooji is some cult leader in some jungle in Kenya.

How come there are so many victims and yet they cant get help from the legal system or any NGO associated with these stuff.

Anyway I saw videos where it is explained that Mooji has his own team of lawyers and somehow he has managed to have a monopoly over this entire situation.

Anyone trying to upload such allegations on YouTube against mooji gets threatened by his lawyers 

34 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

And also: if Mooji did something bad the women would've reported him to the police. 

You guys are totally clueless when it comes to understanding how cults and "mind control" works.

Watch LEO's videos on cults. 

@legendary an exorcism is the exorcism of the ego. The ego, character, self permeates your entire energetic, psychic, and bodily system. It manifest in your adopted and habitual holding pattern. Your habitual emoting pattern. Your habitual emotional patterns. Your habitual thinking patterns. Your habitual perceptive patterns. So on and so forth.

So when you see an exorcism happening “out there” and you writhing, rolling on the ground, speaking in tongues, etc. that’s actually the self trying to survive and resist surrender. Or you can see it as the process of breaking up the self and those are the reactions. You’re bringing up all the stuff that have been repressed, denied, etc. in your psychology but that manifest in the body becaue the body (including brain) are very much (yet not entirely of course) manifestations of one’s psychology. 

It’s kinda like a deep tissue massage on muscle tissue that’s so matted down, has deep knots, doesn’t have much slide and glide, no suppleness, etc. and then you go on a foam roller or have the hands of a masseuse break up those tissues. Brings in more bloodflow, separates the tissues, etc. which is all well and good but it also hurts like hell. 

In the case of an “exorcism” it quite literally feels like hell.

Edited by kieranperez

@kieranperez @legendary  I had one psychotic episode long time ago. I was completely acting all my thoughts. I was really what a psychiatrist would catalog as paranoid or plain crazy lol...

I said a lot of things that were really true, but I was like yelling, acting crazy and my wife told me that when I talked to her and my daughter my face looked really like the devil.

I think the problem is when you don't have any reference in the community about that ego self defense, you can not ground your experience and you are not ready for an ego backslash. IMO.

Watch this video on youtube, it helped me a lot to ground myself on reality and to incorporate spiritual experiences much better than before.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 6/6/2019 at 2:56 AM, Leo Gura said:

As for exorcisms, that's a standard spiritual practice. If you do lots of shamanic breathing / Holotropic breathing you will understand what exorcism means.

"Exorcism" has a really dirty connotation to it and I think breathes more life into the darker aspects of what you're talking about and the way this very vulnerable situation can be botched. I think releasing inner blockages, trauma and pain is a better label for it.

19 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

And your proof that it's a cult is what?

Stop spamming this thread with nonsense. Look at the quotes to which my response was to. 

On 6/7/2019 at 2:33 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

I know a guy who never has a committed relationship but just sleeps around with lots of women.  That's sad to me, but whatever floats his boat.  I kinda think he doesn't have the capacity to relate deeply the way you have to do in a monogomous, committed intimate relationship.  He doesn't have the tolerance you need either.  You gotta be a big, mature person to manage a sustainable long-term, committed, monogomous relationship that's synergizing, collaborative, fun, mutually rewarding and beneficial -- and to weather the inevitable storms in the shifting-seas of interpersonally-relating.

agreed, relationships aren't easy for a lot of people and require a lot of work. For some they may have the qualities to make it work naturally and others it may require to work on aspects before being ready. Sometimes I wonder if I'll be ready for this experience because there are just other things taking up my time and that I'm working on. I'm fine with dating and casual sex and relationships but a super deep intimate and healthy relationship seems further away right now than a million dollars. 

9 hours ago, whoareyou said:

@Leo Gura What about this video? Please watch the entire video from the mark that I linked you to:

Tanya White has been one of this followers for a very long time, and confirms lot of those VERY SERIOUS accusations here on video:

You can confirm that it's his real follower and not some fake, trying to slander:

The video seems to be very genuine, I don't see any reason why this woman would just make this up.

IF those things happen to be true, do you realize why it would be hard to report on them, when most of the abused victims are silenced and they fear for their lives? This is a real serious issue, which goes far beyond this particular "teacher".

@Leo Gura , still waiting for you to address this. This thread has been spammed, so would like for you to be able to see this.

Edited by whoareyou

5 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

To be fair, IF Mooji is running a real cult, the tactics they use can be so sneaky and manipulative that it will be very difficult to report them to the police.

Many serious and violent cults go completely unreported to police because they so brainwash their members.

A member of my extended family was in a cult where she was sexually abused and she still has not publically spoken out about it for fear of retribution from the cult leader, who still runs that cult to this day. It's been running for decades and abused so many women they have a dedicated support group just for the ex-members of that one small cult. And yet they are unable to stop it.

True cults are very sneaky.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.