whoareyou

Inside Mooji's Cult

259 posts in this topic

https://gurumag.com/becoming-god-inside-moojis-portugal-cult/

Do not be sheep people. Too many of you here blindly follow and worship Gurus. (including LEO).

For those too lazy to read, here are some important things from the article written by an investigative journalist:

- Abuses his position to have sex with his students (and cheating on his partners while having sex with them)

-Using abusive tactics such as shaming, humiliating, controlling behavior, pairing and breaking up couples, brainwashing/ mind control, coercing people from leaving, gaslighting, etc

-His followers refer to him as “my Lord,” “my Master” and “my Father.” Regularly kiss his “holy” feet and bowing to him. 

- Smuggling over €200,000 of unreported cash, and having his followers smuggle money for him - another red flag

-Sells “Sahaja Dust” labeled as “earth Mooji may have walked on.” It’s dirt from their retreat center. Mala beads blessed by Mooji sell for up to 25 Euros. Pictures of Mooji’s feet sell for 1.5 Euros. And he sells blankets that he has personally used.

- People walk around on eggshells fearing him and wanting to outdo others to show how devoted they are.

Videos alone are enough of evidence to see the insanity that is going. There is a lot more, this is just the appetizer.  Consider this as a good case study, to not end up following somebody like that.

Edited by whoareyou

That video was the most beautiful thing i saw for a long time ?

Jai all enlightened beings ???

Thank you for that video (irony) ?

Edited by Salvijus

wtf that Exorcism shitand that woman saying biggest joy is kissing his feet ????

Am I experiencing Daja Vu or did we already go over this same exact Mooji cult thing about a month or so ago?

Yup those were allegations, this is proof with witnesses 

@Leo Gura

30 dollar booklist 250 dollar course 

when are you going to add ego exorcisms to the mix, 

???

Edited by Aakash

I’m just saying the other article post was allegation claims, these are proof claims with evidence of screaming. 

I re-read what I wrote and sounded a bit too serious with my words. I’m literally just saying 

Edited by Aakash

Ok forget weird Exorcism stuff and look at this

Screenshot_20190606_012653.jpg

Neo Advaita produces Zen Devils hardcore deluded people telling someone just leave your mind outside forget about your emotions its just nothig its bullshit. People do Vipassana, Kriya Yoga, etc for years to achieve that and to say to someone with deepression you dont need practice be quite.. cmon

If we’re going into this seriously 

do you really care that there are people or even enlightened people like mooji doing this. The path is long and hard and expectations are high. Within a 10 hour retreat with mooji who’s trying to transfer god consciousness over to you, it’s simply not doable by all. Do corners are cut 

Worshiping is a dangerous path. I would like to see Mooji discouraging it.

As for exorcisms, that's a standard spiritual practice. If you do lots of shamanic breathing / Holotropic breathing you will understand what exorcism means.

There are two problems happening here simultaneously:

1) Worshiping and cult dynamics truly are dangerous and can easily get out of hand.

2) Spirituality is very deep and complex, and to an outsider or "normie", legit spiritual teachings, techniques, and behaviors can seen insane and even criminal when really they aren't. For example, it's true that Mooji is God. But so is everyone who's worshiping him.

It seems like some of the stuff Mooji is doing is unhealthy. Yet at the same time it's probably healthier than what mainstream society is doing. So it's never black & white, as with Osho's ashram. A large ashram will have a lot of political games going on because it's like a small society. Running a small society is very thorny.

You also have to take into account that some of the people who come to him for help are deeply troubled. They might already be suicidal, depressed, or in deep suffering. So you can't just blame all that on Mooji.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

the true ego executor, air to the throne of heaven, god himself - Leo gura

Do not joke about this. I've told you guys many times before not to turn this into a cult. It is important that you guys appreciate the dangers of that and play your part in avoiding it.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Do not joke about this. I've told you guys many times before not to turn this into a cult. It is important that you guys appreciate the dangers of that and play your part in avoiding it.

Yes our lord.

@Leo Gura yeah I figured it wasn’t going to sit well with you. I understand, I’m sorry. I just thought I’d get it in while the forums in it’s early days, and the people around know it’s a joke. It’s like I told you a couple months back, you opened Pandora’s box. But i promise it’s out of my system! I had a good laugh. I won’t say it again. 

@ColdFacts thank you for making my day. I’m going to hide my post now! Just cause you wrote that 

@whoareyou I read the article last week about Mooji, also about Robert August Masters cult.

I was a bit disapointed that Mooji has sex scandals as so many gurus. 

The latter seems even more insane to me. Punishing children wearing diapers, having multiple partners, slamming someones head against something + a lot more violence. The article can be found on GuruMag.

I still follow some of Mooji's guided meditations because his phrasing and pointings are helpful sometimes. But I cringe when watching the relationship between him and his so called disciples.

I'm absolutely convinced that there is truth to the sex stories, he has a huge shadow there, I can sense it. It takes one to know one, I have it too and that's how I can spot it. I have no knowledge of any details, it's just intuition.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Leo Gura what about with your own small society here? not talking to people and stuff?

how can you always tell your followers not to turn it into a cult then smirk and do it yourself? it’s always as much cult as you make of it. there is no discussion with you about what doesn’t go well.

is this a discussion about mooji, really?

The entire cult problems arise due to misunderstanding whose business is what.

Actualized.org is Leo Gura's business, not ours. When instead of focusing on our own lives, actualized.org becomes a greater priority to us then that acts as the root of all seeming problems here.

This hampers both Leo and us from our respective sides

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 hours ago, Preetom said:

The entire cult problems arise due to misunderstanding whose business is what.

Actualized.org is Leo Gura's business, not ours. When instead of focusing on our own lives, actualized.org becomes a greater priority to us then that acts as the root of all seeming problems here.

This hampers both Leo and us from our respective sides

yes you are right - but saying it is not a cult doesn’t make it not a cult. so even if he says so it still is - he has to deal with the responsibility and how he handles his internal structures - because he’s messing with people. and these people are his customers at the same time. people with moderation rights are not his customers anymore - they are perceived as employees. everything they do falls back on him and his choices. it even falls back on the other moderators.

he can’t just make everyone else responsible. even though everyone has to take responsibility for themselves - he is not an exception.

Edited by now is forever

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Worshiping is a dangerous path. I would like to see Mooji discouraging it.

As for exorcisms, that's a standard spiritual practice. If you do lots of shamanic breathing / Holotropic breathing you will understand what exorcism means.

There are two problems happening here simultaneously:

1) Worshiping and cult dynamics truly are dangerous and can easily get out of hand.

2) Spirituality is very deep and complex, and to an outsider or "normie", legit spiritual teachings, techniques, and behaviors can seen insane and even criminal when really they aren't. For example, it's true that Mooji is God. But so is everyone who's worshiping him.

It seems like some of the stuff Mooji is doing is unhealthy. Yet at the same time it's probably healthier than what mainstream society is doing. So it's never black & white, as with Osho's ashram. A large ashram will have a lot of political games going on because it's like a small society. Running a small society is very thorny.

You also have to take into account that some of the people who come to him for help are deeply troubled. They might already be suicidal, depressed, or in deep suffering. So you can't just blame all that on Mooji.

You did not read the article in it's entirety. It was an in depth research done by an outstanding investigative journalist.

The fact that you are defending Mooji is very troubling. You can't be this naive right? What he is doing is much more than "unhealthy".

Here are very important things that you missed:

- Abusing his position to have sex with his students (and cheating on his partners while having sex with them)

-Using abusive tactics such as shaming, humiliating, controlling behavior, pairing and breaking up couples, brainwashing/ mind control, coercing people from leaving,etc

- If he was congruent with who he portrays himself to be on public videos, his followers would not refer to him as “my Lord,” “my Master” and “my Father.” Regularly kiss his “holy” feet and bowing to him would not be an accepted form of behavior in his ashram.  The fact that he doesn't discourage this behavior is a very red flag alone. Given the context, this plays a huge significance which you fail to see.

- Smuggling over €200,000 of unreported cash, and having his followers smuggle money for him - another red flag

-Sells “Sahaja Dust” labeled as “earth Mooji may have walked on.” It’s dirt from their retreat center. Mala beads blessed by Mooji sell for up to 25 Euros. Pictures of Mooji’s feet sell for 1.5 Euros. And he sells blankets that he has personally used.

- People walk around on eggshells fearing him and wanting to outdo others to show how devoted they are.

There is a lot more, this is just the appetizer. 

Edited by whoareyou

2 hours ago, now is forever said:

@Leo Gura what about with your own small society here? not talking to people and stuff?

how can you always tell your followers not to turn it into a cult then smirk and do it yourself? it’s always as much cult as you make of it. there is no discussion with you about what doesn’t go well.

is this a discussion about mooji, really?

Watch your projections.

I engage people in discussion more than any other Youtuber alive. I have answered tens of thousands of peoples critiques, questions, and comments. It is almost a full-time job because the ignorance and devilry from some of you guys has no end.

If you understood what a cult really was you would realize Actuized.org is nowhere close to a cult and will never become one so long as I'm alive. What you guys do after I'm dead is another matter.