Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pouya

Becoming an Openminded Neuroscientist.

3 posts in this topic

This is my life puepose. I love neuroscience. Wouldn't it be great if there was a conscious neuroscientist for new discoveries? 

What do you think? 

I know universities are collective egoes and science is very materialistic nowdays but it doesn't need to stay the way it is. Neuroscience is a reletively new subject.

And yeah, this giant thing called reality is of course much much beyond any form of thinking.

Edited by Pouya

I say go for it.

I don't think being conscious automatically means being successful at science though.

For example, Scientists love models over reality (and they are essential to science) but they are just models. Someone who is really good at modelling could be  a better scientist than you but also less conscious.

Edited by BIggleswerth

@BIggleswerth That's the problem I think about. Like science doesn't even care about being concsious for its own sake.

And neuroscience is defining consciousness as an activity of the brain. Some of them address the possibility of what if there is no "outside" or "objective reality" and all of reality boils down to subjectivity.(because brain is a guessing mechine, it guesses whats "out there" with prossesing received perceptions)

I don't say this is actually true but this is what I've heard from a neuroscientist that I actually dont remember :|

Edited by Pouya