winterknight

A person does not get enlightened; enlightenment simply is the truth

60 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I can understand why so many are lost and still self suffering when this type of dualism teaching is so prevalent and dominates the discourse. The truth/false dichotomy is so ingrained in the mind that few recognize it's influence on them and how it is the source of the self suffering.

Can you elaborate I’m genuinely curious on what you mean and the subtleties of what your talking about. 

2 hours ago, tecladocasio said:

@SgtPepper And that's why enlightenment has no grades. Ta-da !

okay, well if that's how we are defining enlightenment, then I am enlightened and so is half of the people on this forum. 

Enlightenment is living the truth, otherwise is just a trip report on only seeing in a meditative state, sometimes.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

If one realises that he doesn't exist then what remains what just is. There is nowhere to go.

Edited by tedens

8 hours ago, SOUL said:

I can understand why so many are lost and still self suffering when this type of dualism teaching is so prevalent and dominates the discourse. The truth/false dichotomy is so ingrained in the mind that few recognize it's influence on them and how it is the source of the self suffering.

8 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Can you elaborate I’m genuinely curious on what you mean and the subtleties of what your talking about. 

When a seeker tries to distinguish between truth and false, it only points at and reinforces further their polarities (duality) and thus contributes to a seeker's suffering. It fragments reality. Truth is all containing fabric of existence, including everything we also call false. 

Edited by Natasha

42 minutes ago, Natasha said:

When a seeker tries to distinct between truth/false, it only points at and reinforces further their polarities (duality) and thus contributes to a seeker's suffering. It fragments reality. Truth is all containing fabric of existence, including everything we also call false. 

What exactly in the video would you say is false. Soul seemed to incline something about the video being true false duality and it’s not what I got from it so I’m trying to see what he meant. 

23 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Well, the truth/false dichotomy is a dualism that creates a perspective that separates 'what is' into two parts, true and false. There is just what is, there isn't an opposite to what is because what isn't..... isn't anything, it does not exist. There only is what is, there is no opposite, it isn't.

So 'false' is still what is. The self is what is, ego is what is, the physical manifest is what is. It's all what is because what isn't... is not. Once one is awakened to this transcendent yet simple perspective of being it's so obvious it can't be unseen and the veil of duality in the mind is seen for what it is.

The self suffering can come when someone has a perspective in this truth/false dualism because it may cause conflict of being with what is yet they believe it isn't. Transcending the truth/false dualism of separation that causes self suffering is liberation, it's the absolute unity of being.

10 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

What exactly in the video would you say is false. Soul seemed to incline something about the video being true false duality and it’s not what I got from it so I’m trying to see what he meant. 

You are asking about what is false in the video because you are still viewing through the truth/false duality. Transcend that dualism, view it with the unity of what is and that question is answered.

I like if. Short, gets straight to the point and very well explained.

You may like 'perspective' also.

Edited by tedens

@Inliytened1 So vanishing of the self or ego death is not an experience ?

Why people or emphasizing on being ( I don't know what it is) and also say being is not an experience.But say Just BE.

On the other hand say you are the vast infinite empty space.

But say enlightenment is just a recognition.???

So enlightenment is ego death which is an experience.And only that should be emphasized than saying Being isn't it ?

@Jkris well first lets clarify what we call the word enlightenment.  Winterknight is using it in the context of Truth or God.  In that context since the ego is an illusion masking the formless underneath which is God - then God or Truth is ever present whether in a state of form, the ego, or a state of formlessness - or Being.  Being is Absolute Infinity or pure potential.  Therefore there is no one to be eniightened as Truth or God is all there is...it is One and it is always One.

But if we use the word enlightenment in a different context - rather we use it as God seeing through his own illusion and discovering himself - that is what we commonly call it.  There still is no person, and God was always God, but he is discovering himself through his own illusion, the very illusion he created  in which to escape himself.

"He" is used metaphorically here of course.  But this discovering requires mystical experiences.  During which the form or ego collapses and only Being remains.  Prior to that ego was on top of Being.  A state of Being is completely non-dual and bliss, and Truth or facets of Truth are revealed to you.  Not as the ego but as God.   So it's God's experience :)

Does that help?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

Well, the truth/false dichotomy is a dualism that creates a perspective that separates 'what is' into two parts, true and false. There is just what is, there isn't an opposite to what is because what isn't..... isn't anything, it does not exist. There only is what is, there is no opposite, it isn't.

So 'false' is still what is. The self is what is, ego is what is, the physical manifest is what is. It's all what is because what isn't... is not. Once one is awakened to this transcendent yet simple perspective of being it's so obvious it can't be unseen and the veil of duality in the mind is seen for what it is.

The self suffering can come when someone has a perspective in this truth/false dualism because it may cause conflict of being with what is yet they believe it isn't. Transcending the truth/false dualism of separation that causes self suffering is liberation, it's the absolute unity of being.

That’s very profound. I like it’s implications and the way you said it.   Thank you for sharing, I’m glad I asked  

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

You are asking about what is false in the video because you are still viewing through the truth/false duality. Transcend that dualism, view it with the unity of what is and that question is answered.

No I’m just asking what you felt was false since that’s what I thought you were implying in your first comment of the thread. If not then I was mistaken why you wrote what you did. 

Edited by Mu_

4 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

No I’m just asking what you felt was false since that’s what I thought you were implying in your first comment of the thread. If not then I was mistaken why you wrote what you did.

Sure, you read my words as implying something in the video is 'false'.....

3 hours ago, SOUL said:

The truth/false dichotomy is so ingrained in the mind that few recognize it's influence on them

...from my original comment.

One is deluded, is a delusion, doesn't exist.  When perspective of self will be eliminated...

the Truth follows.

11 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Sure, you read my words as implying something in the video is 'false'.....

...from my original comment.

Ok now I feel your just pushing your agenda and assumptions with a bit of pushiness. I think that falls into the truth off being a know it all ?.  Anyways thanks for your insights, it’s my new mantra. 

Edited by Mu_

3 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Enlightenment is living the truth, otherwise is just a trip report on only seeing in a meditative state, sometimes.

Drug induced enlightenment? 

5 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Ok now I feel your just pushing your agenda and assumptions with a bit of pushiness. I think that falls into the truth off being a know it all ?.  Anyways thanks for your insights it’s my new mantra. 

Ok, well, if you consider it 'pushing' by me simply replying to your queries then so be it.

48 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Ok, well, if you consider it 'pushing' by me simply replying to your queries then so be it.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t a simple reply be just to say no that’s not what I meant, instead of no it’s not what I meant and the reason is because your seeing through this particular belief system that I know is the case even though I’ve never met you. I mean I could just say the reason your doing this is because you have a belief system that your wise because you’ve gained a ton of spiritual knowledge in your years that’s led you to lots of truth and awakenings and has dissolved a lot of your ego and you now believe that how you see and feel about someone’s text is 100% correct because you see things how they are.  

But these would Just be my beliefs if I had them and I really don’t know you so I would just keep it to myself.  I’m pointing to your assumption of me on why I had asked you about your vid. It seemed that you saw something within the video that confirmed a suspicion or observation you had about the general forum on how people are lost and then you referenced your true false wisdom. Which I then asked about. 

Edited by Mu_

You know what I love about enlightened people, is that when they get into arguments with another enlightened person. They can analyse a single sentence and write minimum two paragraphs then next response will be 10 paragraphs to the two paragraphs. 

Then the most amazing thing is both parties still follow what is being said. But it always ends at “I don’t not have a belief system” as they have both have experienced enlightenment so the argument never reaches a conclusion lol. 

#loveit