Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iksander

Huge Breakthrough- Meditation Experience 05/06/19

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, hope everybody is well!

Today I'd like to share with you yesterday's meditation experience because I had a powerful mystical experience.

I'd like to contextualize this session by saying that the day before, I had the worst day of ego backlash I have had in a long time. I was lazy, had poor control over my emotions and actions, and procrastinated. To sum it up I wasted the day. But as they say, the night is darkest before the dawn.

So, here I was playing some poker. I love to play poker, I find the game fascinating.I find games that have a certain balance of luck and skill completely thrilling and interesting. After my session, I decided to sit down and meditate. I'd been putting it of too long. During my poker session I noticed my concentration dwindling after a short amount of time so I decided to re-implement a metronome concentration practice I used to use (credit goes to Leo, I got this Idea from one of his videos a while ago) I did this practice for 5 minutes, it went reasonably well, then on to a 30 minute meditation session. People were noisy moving around downstairs so I decided to put headphones in for this session. I listened to a 30 minute deep 'OHM' chanting video on Youtube. I sat cross legged on my bed, I usually practice a 'do nothing' meditation where I sit however I like and do nothing, but I decided to switch it up because I felt like it. I went pretty deep in a short space of time and noticed high levels of discomfort and tenseness all over my body. After some time my body began to tense itself different areas without my interference. I could feel this process healing me moment by moment. My breathing went from shallow and interrupted, to deep and interrupted, to deep and uninterrupted. After my body had finished tensing, i became aware of what I would describe as a ball of uncomfortable, needy energy around my tailbone area. I was aware of its extreme discomfort but I refused to pay anything other than awareness to it, I intuitively knew that my awareness was healing me. As Leo once said awareness alone is curative. I had suspicions that this was true, but I hadn't directly experienced it before.

Then something amazing happened, as I focused on the ball of discomfort, it expanded. The closest thing I can compare this too is the feeling of stretching a tight muscle that needs to be stretched, however this was many times more powerful. This ball expanded over me as I went deeper into it until it gradually covered me like a blanket, and waves of euphoria swept over me. My spine had straightened itself out and I was completely balanced and still. My mind was silent, and I was enjoying this state of euphoria. Then I had two incredible insights. I gained FULL awareness of the workings of my body. If you asked me to write it down, I'm not sure I could because this was different from mental knowledge. This was highly intuitive. I could only describe it as a quantum leap in sensitivity to all the subtleties of the body.

Next, I became directly conscious of what I am.

Ready?

An Idea. Literally and Idea. An idea so incredibly powerful that it exists. The potential of this idea is literally unlimited. A human being can truly be anything. Easier said than done :D

I spend the next few hours enjoying life. I felt truly AWAKE and in tune with everything. I knew I had all that I could ever need to deal with any situation life cooked up. My ego had crumbled. I had amazing insights into how I want my life to be. I realised 99.9% of my plans and dreams were COMPLETE bullshit because of the way I had them framed. Wanting things for the wrong reasons. Money, Fame, Adoration ect. give such unsatisfying pleasures compared to the beauty of being AWAKE.  I now want to do things for the sake of doing them rather than any sneaky motivations I didn't realise I had. For example I want to play football for the sake of the game, to put on a beautiful show for everyone watching and give everything for my team mates, I don't want to 'be the best.' My eyes had been opened to my terrible selfishness.

The falling away of falsehood is beautiful.

The take away from this is NEVER underestimate the human mind. Whenever you think you get something, watch the hell out. You do NOT get it!! The mind has a certain form of knowing but this is not true understanding. The mind is suspicious and fearful. It picks things apart. I can not put into words the power of mind illusion. It has kept me unconscious for a high percentage of time in my life. I am so grateful I have become aware of it. 

I am sure many of you have had incredible insights and mystical experiences like mine and I would love to read them. Anyone who hasn't, stick to the path. You will be paid. And these experiences are priceless.

Congratz! 

It'a fascinating that things like that can happen at any time, no matter how you have been feeling or acting lately. When you least expect it. But still practise and learning is so essential, one cant just do nothing and wait.