Karla

How does Leo read all these books on the book list?

31 posts in this topic

So many books, so little time... I'm half jealous, half in disbelief-- who else reads this fast? Give me some tips so I too can have ALL the knowledge. I think I stop and ponder too much while reading lol.

I think alot of the books

1. he doesnt finish, gets the gist of

2. arent new but he recently uploaded

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Leo has devoted himself to pursuing knowledge, so he makes time to devote to gaining that knowledge through books, in addition to his other interests and spiritual practices. Even if he only reads 100 pages a day (which takes a few hours), that's 3,000 (10-15 books) in a month, 120-180 books a year. 

Edited by Quaker

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

I think alot of the books

1. he doesnt finish, gets the gist of

2. arent new but he recently uploaded

What your suggesting is not unreasonable. I do it all the time with books.

However, I'd be surprised Leo would put a book on a pedestal that he has only dipped into and got the gist of. I understand he audio reviews them too. Probably even enlightenment and actualisation aside, out of respect for the author, if he's going to review their book on a big public platform, I cannot imagine for a second he will have or admit to, not reading the whole book, from front to back. If there's one thing I can sense from Leo, he's thorough, dedicated and a hard worker. 

I don't believe a lot of his teachings or ideas as of yet, but I believe his authenticity. You are not calling him a liar I know, but I just don't see him taking a short cut with the listed books. 

@Karla There's nothing wrong with stopping and pondering! :) I got the list just last night and am blown away by the first book I chose to start from it. I felt overwhelmed just like you did but just pick the one that appeals to you the most to start with and enjoy it. If you're fascinated enough with a book you won't be able to put it down. There's no "there" to get to, the list isn't going anywhere. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Karla share the list, I don’t believe it’s as bad as you’re making it out to be ;) 

also maybe consider cultivating curiosity and letting go of your sense of time. This way immersion will be your salvation into knowledge ?

I don't read fast nor do I skim books. I tend to read books in their entirity.

Reading many books takes 10+ years. It's a long-term project.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Reading many books takes 10+ years. It's a long-term project

and a very healthy hobby/passion aye ;)

@mandyjw Hiya-- I got it last year (after that yoga video) but I just looked at the newly added books today-- A couple I have read but that's a tiny dent lol. 

Super duper curious to know what you are reading he he. I started reading an old one from the list today that is totes blowing my mind gahhh.

I think I used to read stuff faster.  Wondering if there was a short cut.

In latest review of a must read book he say he buyed audiobook along with book and heard and underlined. Gives more speed i guess. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I struggle to read 15 pages in one go, you're not alone lol

Recently, I only listen to audiobooks or read a comic book. Much faster than reading a regular book  

BTW, Leo has a few great comic books in the last booklist update.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Leo Gura Do you use the speed reading techniques described from the book in the booklist about speedreading ?

What do you personally think or feel about speed reading in general? 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Audiobooks with 2x speed. You can listen to them anytime.

20 hours ago, Quaker said:

Even if he only reads 100 pages a day (which takes a few hours),

whaaaat thats some fast reading O.o its takes me few hours to barely get to 40-50, depending how heavy the material is

14 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Do you use the speed reading techniques described from the book in the booklist about speedreading ?

No, I read normally because I find it more enjoyable.

Plus the kind of stuff I read these days is not be skimmed. It's to be deeply studied, underlined, contemplated, and re-read again.

The top rated books on my book list are worth re-reading several times. And they must be studied, not just read. A few of my top rated books need to be re-read 5 times just to start to understand their full potential.

Understand that reading is not a binary thing, like, Did you read that book? Yes/no? Reading has many degrees of comprehension to it. Do not make a mockery of reading by boiling it down to a quantitative measure like number of pages or books read. It's not enough to read, you must deeply study, contemplate, and do exercises.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, I read normally because I find it more enjoyable.

Plus the kind of stuff I read these days is not be skimmed. It's to be deeply studied, underlined, contemplated, and re-read again.

The top rated books on my book list are worth re-reading several times. And they must be studied, not just read. A few of my top rated books need to be re-read 5 times just to start to understand their full potential.

Understand that reading is not a binary thing, like, Did you read that book? Yes/no? Reading has many degrees of comprehension to it. Do not make a mockery of reading by boiling it down to a quantitative measure like number of pages or books read. It's not enough to read, you must deeply study, contemplate, and do exercises.

I do the same. Add it that I try to talk or reword what I m reading.

Even share what has been said with rough memory

Add to this the need for a momentum - a true desire/passion for the material at hands. ( It help having this deep focus )

I don't read a lot though. Only legit and needed stuff. I m more into audio

And I mostly use my mind to use my time on working to not 'waste my time'. Optimal reading

@Shiva

18 hours ago, Shiva said:

You don't even need to read a lot.

If you just read one book every two months, which I'm sure everybody has the time to, that's six books per year.

Six books per year are 60 books over 10 years.

60 books contain a lot of wisdom.

Anyone who also acts upon the wisdom of 60 books, will inevitably completely transform his life.

And 10 years is not a huge time frame to completely transform one's life.

So, one book at a time and be patient :)

love thisss-- real talk. I just look at the list and want to read all the books at once lol. But yea... i don't have to he he.

On 6/5/2019 at 6:41 AM, Leo Gura said:

I don't read fast nor do I skim books.

Do you choose to not read fast?