tecladocasio

Osho Beautifuly Said Once...

43 posts in this topic

''All grades are tricks of the ego. The ego says, 'Yes, I am not yet enlightened, but I am far advanced. Just ninety-nine degrees. One degree more and I will be enlightened. I am not far behind -- far advanced.' Drop all that nonsense. If you are not enlightened you are simply not enlightened.''

I see a lot of talks about grades of enlightenment from so-called advanced seekers. 

Or you are or you don't ,be careful of your own arrongance and pretenciosness. 

Listen to the masters.

Edited by tecladocasio

Well what else can you expect from the unenlightened deluded fools? 9_9

Of course the ego needs to fabricate stories that supports its survival

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

I disagree, there are indeed different levels or openings of one's awareness. For example, I feel more aware after a 20 minute meditation session.

2 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

I disagree, there are indeed different levels or openings of one's awareness. For example, I feel more aware after a 20 minute meditation session.

Exactly! You just proved Osho's point xD 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

I feel more aware

Exactly, you feel.

You feel separate too.

Bahahaha Osho should talk. He got stuck in the zone of zen devilry. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

"I'm a bit less deluded than my highly deluded friend"

Like that change everything

Right ...

9_9

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

24 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Exactly! You just proved Osho's point xD 

How so?

23 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

Exactly, you feel.

You feel separate too.

I didn't say I felt separate tho. I am saying that I feel more aware of my experience? As if the space between my thoughts and sensations grows. 

It's pretty clear to see there's a variety of levels of awakening, both among the members of this forum and among the masters. There is no "there" to reach. We can only continue to stride forward. Saying you have "reached" enlightenment and therefore have nowhere further to go is the pinnacle of ego.

Edit: The flip side is that what he's saying is basically what Yoda said in Star Wars. "Do, or do not. There is no try." There's no almost. You either are doing it, or you are not.

Edited by jbram2002

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

23 minutes ago, jbram2002 said:

It's pretty clear to see there's a variety of levels of awakening, both among the members of this forum and among the masters.

@jbram2002 That is a story you tell yourself. Very convincing only because there are people to back it up.

52 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@jbram2002 That is a story you tell yourself. Very convincing only because there are people to back it up.

How is what you're saying not a story you tell yourself? very convincing only because there are people to back it up?

1 hour ago, tecladocasio said:

We're all just story tellers. @jbram2002 was just at the right time and place to see the lochness monster for himself. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

[Kiss].  Hello Mandy.  The Devil is good.  We gotta integrate the Devil.  The Devil is just an archetype of us, it's a facet of us.  It's a cubby-hole category for our personas.  We don't want to put the Devil in our Shadow.  This is where remnants from religions like Christianity and Judaism can actually block you from integrating fully and from accepting yourself fully.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

But,.. I like Osho... hes my cult leader/idol :|

Dont look at me! Look inside!

27 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@SgtPepper You can start a mind-game ,but that is just it.

I'm not trying to start one. I am just pointing out that both of our "stories" come from the same place. I don't see how your conception of enlightenment is more true than mine. Unless you are saying that your idea of enlightenment is more true because it is backed up by Osho which is fine, I disagree with Osho though. 

Btw: I like Osho. Out of all the gurus out there and talked about on this forum, I've listened to Osho the most. 

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

[Kiss].  Hello Mandy.  The devil is good.  We gotta integrate the devil.

:x Joseph!!! :x 

We do need to integrate him, but past a certain point he just loses his appeal. You still invite him to the party, but after a while his jokes just aren't as funny because you've heard them all before, because you realize that you made them up, and you're the punchline.

12 minutes ago, Rilles said:

But,.. I like Osho... hes my cult leader/idol :|

And that's exactly why you know you need to do shadow work right now.  

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

And that's exactly why you know you need to do shadow work right now.  

Taking a little break from it, had some backlash... need to let it settle... will be back on that soon.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

6 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

I don't see how your conception of enlightenment is more true than mine.

@SgtPepper Where is my conception about enlightenment? hahah , I don't see it. I'm just pointing to something , and I'm not telling you any story.Your need to say that i'm telling you a story is only to validate the story you tell yourself. Does not matter what I say to you, what matter is what story you tell yourself about what I said. This can be confusing. But is very simple.

Nice quote! Thanks for sharing! 

I am very into Lucid Dreaming (aka Dream Yoga). And similarly to spiritual enlightenment, you're either aware that you're in a dream, or you're not. And the fact that you had a brief moment of lucidity does not mean you're immune to the infinite tricks the mind does to convince you that what you're experiencing is reality, and not a dream. In fact, when I was actively practicing lucid dreaming, I was more and more prone to having these false moments of being lucid. I would try to "grasp" awareness using will-force. That does not work. Truth is, if you're lucid, you can cut through all the lies the mind tells you and you can engage in Awareness. Oh, and btw, I do not think the external world is a dream. I think that's a very unhealthy belief. 

Anyway, I prefer the word "awake" or "lucid". The word "enlightenment" implies as if the person is the "chosen one". This is nonsense. We are all Buddhas. Moreover, it gives the false impression that it is an extraordinary/ecstatic experience, as if it's an psychedelic altered state of consciousness. Not at all, it's something incredibly simple and even obvious. It's as if Truth was always bellow our nose, but we never noticed it. And instead we have been searching incessantly outwardly. 

buddha1-2x.jpg

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

I beg your pardon, but who are you to say that Osho was a zen devil? Do you have any evidence whatsoever that this is the case? Let me guess: you've watched the documentary on Netflix, and now you think Osho has been somehow debunked/exposed.

The Dalai Lama himself said Osho was an enlightened master. I do find some of his teachings a bit extremists and too masculine-oriented, but you can tell that the guy has got it... Read his biography. It's really worth it! 

48 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

We do need to integrate him, but past a certain point he just loses his appeal. You still invite him to the party, but after a while his jokes just aren't as funny because you've heard them all before, because you realize that you made them up, and you're the punchline.

Dude, quit that bullshit. You have not transcended the ego. You're still in denial. You ARE the ego/devil/etc. And don't judge that as a negative thing. By default, we are all egoistical. If that weren't the case, we'd all be dead. 

1 hour ago, SgtPepper said:

How is what you're saying not a story you tell yourself? very convincing only because there are people to back it up?

Omg! This is the epitome of mental masturbation. 

51 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

I disagree with Osho though.

7549650190_b0d2efdb73.jpg

Edited by kag101

one day this will all be memories