moon777light

What ISNT a survival mechanism: List

46 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@abrakamowse If there is infinite, you are infinite. If there is anything which makes distinctions, It is you. If there is any apparent effect, it is you.  If you part out survival you create the distinction. So creation seems transcendent to survival. You are creating by default, but the distinction of survival is the duality of the thoughts about dying, or not surviving. If a creative artist adopts identity of a creator, it is still you and your creation which is you. 

You could knowing lose identity. You could unknowingly lose identity. You could knowingly create identity. You could unknowingly create identity. It’d always be you. 

Cool, thanks for sharing! Loved it!

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Rilles It's also survival because as Leo has explained, suicide is dying so that, in a twisted way, one's ego and beliefs can stay intact and "survive".

11 hours ago, moon777light said:

so even all of my survival mechanisms contribute to this creation? i dont get it

you talked about layers, and yes there is something like a survival pyramid of lower survival reasons and higher survival reasons and you could say two entities that want to survive in you - the self and the higher self. creation is usually the higher self that wants to express itself. creation entails disconstruction and construction,  creation is in you as a source energy of the higher self but it can be made a slave to the ego.

1 hour ago, moon777light said:

@now is forever omg even survival has dualities haha

yes and no :ph34r: - everything is survival everything is one in oneness. let the soul  have a space, too. and you‘ll have a trinity ?

Edited by now is forever

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Ironically, suicide is usually an act motivated by survival. It is motivated by suffering. And suffering is survival.

Leo, thanks a lot for that videos. They helped me like crazy to understand how everything is survival.

Really helps a lot to understand why ego does what it does.

It's like looking at life behind the curtains, knowing what is happening under the surface. (David Lynch used to say that frequently )

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

6 hours ago, now is forever said:

you talked about layers, and yes there is something like a survival pyramid of lower survival reasons and higher survival reasons and you could say two entities that want to survive in you - the self and the higher self. creation is usually the higher self that wants to express itself. creation entails disconstruction and construction,  creation is in you as a source energy of the higher self but it can be made a slave to the ego.

Very well said. That's what really happens!

17 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@abrakamowse Read the Book of Not Knowing by Peter Ralston.

Thanks @tecladocasio  I will definitely read it. thanks for the recommendation. I like Peter Ralston videos on youtube.

Thanks again!

^_^

32 minutes ago, moon777light said:

@tecladocasio @abrakamowse im reading it right now and its blowing my mind and im not even half way through yet!! recommend so far for sure

Cool @moon777light  I was reading the comments on amazon and everyone is saying it's mind blowing. I think I will order today!!! Lol...

I like the interviews Leo has done to him. Very eye opening. Nice.

:-)

Be nuanced. Not everything is survival.

We talk about survival precisely so that we can distinguish it from not-survival/being.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

In b4 "survival vs non-survival is another duality" 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

yes even being is survival, as breathing is survival, drinking is survival, eating is survival, attention and love is survival. and a lot of survival mechanisms are interconnected to the basic survival needs are rooted in them. it’s like with colours you have primary colours and a lot of colours you can mix out of them. in the end everything is rooted in love or it’s absence.

1 hour ago, lmfao said:

In b4 "survival vs non-survival is another duality" 

We can use the duality as a placeholder for our experience, and then throw it, sinking back into unity. We never really left to begin with anyway. ? 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

We talk about survival precisely so that we can distinguish it from not-survival/being.

Ok, I am taking notes on my survival mechanisms... I am beginning to change them to some more holistic ones. And it is working much better than before. But I still have a lot of work to do...

^_^

On 6/5/2019 at 10:40 PM, Leo Gura said:

im having difficulty in spotting exactly whats not survival, except for pure awareness, im pretty sure awareness not directed towards anything is not survival.

@moon777light same here.

@Anton_Pierre Isn't discussing  concepts survival of the ego?