Mezanti

why do we die

20 posts in this topic

seriously, if the whole point of life was to maintain itself, then why do we die? we do our cells become less efficient, why aren't there mechanisms to insure our body keeps functioning optimally. 

@Leo Gura i would love an answer

Edited by Mezanti

to make space for new stuff

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles does that make sense? why would you make space for new stuff, after all you're surviving for yourself. 

i mean sure death and procreation are intertwined in the survival of the species but you as an individual, why die? 

Edited by Mezanti

It makes sense because IT IS.

You say why die, but why live at all?

The nature of all form is to eventually fall away and become something else, there's a time to live, grow and die.

You've been here long enough, time to give something else a chance ;)

2 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Maybe this is precisely the optimum, in the big picture of things.

As a pastor said, anything is possible with God. God can break through any optimum. Perfection is not a steady state. Perfection is like calculating more decimal digits of Pi. As you calculate more digits of Pi, you can draw more accurate ellipses. Perfection is a process toward better.

@Shiva why is it optimal in the big picture of things? for the survival of the species? for the survival of the environment? sure but we are surviving this (me, this body).

@Iksander you do understand that, that way of thinking is based on the reality that we die.

but after all if im surviving my body, why care about giving new form? why die just so that others can live?

16 minutes ago, Mezanti said:

seriously, if the whole point of life was to maintain itself, then why do we die? we do our cells become less efficient, why aren't there mechanisms to insure our body keeps functioning optimally. 

Life has not "perfected" itself so to speak. It could always be better. Cells have a limit in how much they can divide. And outside influences also constantly wreck our cells. 

You must also consider the balance between increasing the chance to live and maximum lifespan. Many animals have high emphasis in maximum lifespan while others maximize more in its changes of survival for the lifespan it has. Humans have done pretty good at both. 

19 minutes ago, Mezanti said:

@Rilles does that make sense? why would you make space for new stuff, after all you're surviving for yourself. 

i mean sure death and procreation are intertwined in the survival of the species but you as an individual, why die? 

Youre not doing anything, reality is killing you off to make space just like it does with everything. Another thing is life as an individual would be miserable without death, you dont want to be your ego forever, that would be hell.

@Rilles youre thinking of this from a human's perspective, im judging death itself, (natural death ofcourse) (dying of age) 

why would a surviving entity die? is it because god want to experience more perspectives so he kills off old ones? but then god wouldnt know what its like to have lived infinitely from one perspective... 

this must be answered.. 

1 minute ago, Mezanti said:

@Rilles youre thinking of this from a human's perspective, im judging death itself, (natural death ofcourse) (dying of age) 

why would a surviving entity die? is it because god want to experience more perspectives so he kills off old ones? but then god wouldnt know what its like to have lived infinitely from one perspective... 

this must be answered.. 

Im not enlightened so i have no idea, ask god aka yourself ?

2 minutes ago, Mezanti said:

@Shadowraix thanks, youre a doctor right?

haha no. I find biology interesting but not enough to do 10+ years of training. 

I just have researched bits and pieces. 

1 minute ago, Mezanti said:

this must be answered.. 

Ahh I see. I was thinking a science perspective. God expresses itself in every way possible. That's what it does as unconditional love. To just be whatever the hell that it is. Which includes all of this. That's why it does this. For the sake of being. 

There are immortal animals in the planet like that jelly fish, or even lobsters, when it comes to physical body only that is. And very likely humans will find a way for us as well in the future, but that would be like rich people getting more rich and it doesn't really solve the death problem it just increases it. One day heck, even one hour would be better if you had erased the desire for immortality than living 100 years or maybe a 400 and still having it. There is obviously more to life than wanting to be immortal but, on that aspect not having the desire is better.

Edited by ColdFacts

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I guess neither. All of these perspectives are probably not the biggest picture possible, "God's perspective".

Truth is that God can do anything it wants because it is the ultimate power.

27 minutes ago, ColdFacts said:

One day heck, even one hour would be better if you had erased the desire for immortality than living 100 years or maybe a 400 and still having it.

Give me, a prodigal son, a million years to think through and become a true son. I will decide then.

Edited by CreamCat

The Real True Self  Isn't Born and Doesn’t die   only the imaginary self  is born and die

Because of resistence and brainwash.

Humans a capable with awakening to live hundreds of years. 

But all that knowledge on how to rejuvenate the limbic system as a salamander i kibd of lost in mainstream.

We only find bits and pieces in initiation circles, like secret societies and certain art forms.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

13 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Because of resistence and brainwash.

Humans a capable with awakening to live hundreds of years. 

But all that knowledge on how to rejuvenate the limbic system as a salamander i kibd of lost in mainstream.

We only find bits and pieces in initiation circles, like secret societies and certain art forms.

Yeah like there are stories in many ancient religions and cultures where people used to live 500++ years. They were physically giants as well

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''