Shaun

Bodymind always wants sex

30 posts in this topic

My body/mind wants sex often. With there being no way whatsoever for me to meet this need for reasons I won't go into here, how can this need be transcended?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

This is tricky, but the way to go is full on abstinence. Don't masturbate. After a period of experiencing withdrawal symptoms the desire will diminish. If your needs are strong it will be difficult. If you mix abstinence with yoga and meditation you can do it :)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

No fap'

cold shower

pushup

life purpose 

Being calm in mind

Non needyness

Leo made a great post about it recently.

Introvert :

Tinder' boldness 

Extravert :

being pua or being hanging in large community with girls opportunity ( sport class' club etc etc )

I don't believe in transcending fully. You need sex or fapping sometimes. You could not fap for a year and dévelop all kinds of neuroticism.

Maybe I m wrong you can truly become a monk

Edited by Aeris

Is Leo suggesting that the introverts should go on tinder and the extroverts should go out there in order to get someone?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

8 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Is Leo suggesting that the introverts should go on tinder and the extroverts should go out there in order to get someone?

I should have created a list of points, it was separate from this advice of mine. ( look for the topic of leo, he is in the section of the forum and has been made less than 2 weeks ago ) You reshaped my words. My bad maybe.

"tinder" or whatever, is a way, and there is no difference between electronic meeting and pua or whatever how it is made, everyone else who say the contrary is fos or never had great experience of it, because it doesn't worked for THEM.

every way means one common thing tho, being creative & engaged about your way.

PUA is not a better way than tinder, all ways are goods, or shit, depends of you and what fits your techniques and what you expect/reflect & wish for.

Edited by Aeris

@Shaun  You can't transcend a need. The only way to transcend a need is to meet the need. Otherwise the need will just be supressed in your subconscious mind and it will create misery for you later on.

That being said, why do you want sex? What is the need that would be met by having sex? Intimacy? Release? Power? Escapism? Find the need behind the sex and meet it directly.

4 hours ago, Pallero said:

@Shaun  You can't transcend a need. The only way to transcend a need is to meet the need. Otherwise the need will just be supressed in your subconscious mind and it will create misery for you later on.

That being said, why do you want sex? What is the need that would be met by having sex? Intimacy? Release? Power? Escapism? Find the need behind the sex and meet it directly.

What if the need is sex itself? The specific pleasure of sex. I don't see why there would have to be any other underlying "hidden" need... 

4 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

What if the need is sex itself? The specific pleasure of sex. I don't see why there would have to be any other underlying "hidden" need... 

Does masturbating help? ?

2 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

I don't understand the question.

You said that you want sex. Does it need to be with another person?

EDIT: Also, is it some specific kind of sex that you want?

Edited by Pallero
added stuff

4 hours ago, Pallero said:

You said that you want sex. Does it need to be with another person?

EDIT: Also, is it some specific kind of sex that you want?

I wasn't talking about myself, really. I was responding to what you said earlier. We seem to have a misunderstanding here :)

The craving for sex is a blocked muladhara.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 04/06/2019 at 0:58 PM, Shaun said:

It's not gonna fix the core of the problem.
Just stop the addiction at its source.

You can have a high sex drive while being totally detached from it.
You don't have to be a slave to this.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

the problem is living in a context that doesnt support your desires, like if you live in a village and there are no clubs there to flirt with cuties

Discussion of how sexual repression can lead to pathological behavior.

If one doesn't feed the wolf, it will turn against you.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

13 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

@Hellspeed What to do about it? 

In arousal, relax that energy in the legs. Relaxing the muscles of the pirineum.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Shaun

Step 1: Go have lots of sex until you are full.

Step 2: Then return here and ask about how to transcend sex.

Additional notes:

• Do not skip step 1
  • Wear a rubber ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Shaun

Step 1: Go have lots of sex until you are full.

Step 2: Then return here and ask about how to transcend sex.

Additional notes:

• Do not skip step 1
  • Wear a rubber ;)

@Leo Gura Honestly, this doesn't work for me. I used to do exactly what you "prescribed" ;) lots of sex would take away the "hunger" for maybe a couple of days, but then it would come back with a vengeance, stronger than ever. Feeding that hunger became a full time job. I guess people are just different, for me the tendency is to become addicted and unbalanced. That's why I'm having better results with longer periods of abstinence, together with yoga and meditation.