Shin

What being a man means ?

45 posts in this topic

@ajasatya

I was genuinely interested by your point of view, so let's share in-depth here :)

To me, being a man means knowing exactly what you want out of life and relentlessly aligning yourself to it.
If it means insane suffering so be it, if it means being all alone for years or even decades so be it
If it means in the end, dying for it, so be it.

Totally self-reliant, both psychologically and physically, he does not need any friend or woman in his life, but knows and appreciate the help and beautifulness of those things, and seek to be the best friend and husband possible.
He does not care about other people opinions, he knows what his problems are, what he wants, but also take them into account because he's open minded and truly humble.
He genuinely care about other people emotions, and does not manipulate anyone or anything if it means going against someone else agenda, he prefer to take the risk to no get what he wants if it means taking the freedom of someone else.

Being a man means having no shame of what you are, being totally open about your weaknesses, dreams and emotions
While at the same time being grounded enough not to put any of those as a burden to anyone else but yourself.
He does not fear to say what he thinks, even if it hurts people, while being careful not to hurts people needlessly too.

He's also hyper sexual when he feels like it, with no uncharted water about what he likes to do, and zero holding back in bed, either emotionally and by being as dominant or soft as he wants to be.
He's so open about it that he lets himself go and let his body and mind totally merge with his partner, to the point he does not know what he's going to do or happen.

He has an intense burning to go beyond him, to help mankind in its full possibility and not for petty personal gains
In fact, he does not want anything but giving himself to life, he sees other happiness as his own gains.

He has no shame to express his inner child and to be playful, even if it is to the extent of being seen as feminine
To him his feminine side is as much important as his masculine side and doesn't reject it at all.

Even if he is deeply hurt, either psychologically or physically, he still remains fully open and has the courage to let his heart be open to life.
No matter how much he is getting hurt, he never stops trusting God.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin this was great! Awesome points. 

I’m gathering you read ‘way of the superior man?’ I liked that book, but some parts felt a bit extreme 

but I think you described it perfectly 

for me, self reliant, was a big one I’m still trying to master. I’ve been building the business but still investing money back into the business and don’t feel fully financially ‘free’ to do what I want yet. 

anyway, great post! 

19 minutes ago, Thetruthseeker said:

@Shin this was great! Awesome points. 

I’m gathering you read ‘way of the superior man?’ I liked that book, but some parts felt a bit extreme 

but I think you described it perfectly 

for me, self reliant, was a big one I’m still trying to master. I’ve been building the business but still investing money back into the business and don’t feel fully financially ‘free’ to do what I want yet. 

anyway, great post! 

I wrote that from what I feel nowadays, but I read that book 2 years ago yes :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

To fully know what it means to be a man, live a life of an ugly incel and a life of a MGTOW who still experiences the financial ramifications of an expensive divorce as well as the lives of alpha guys who fuck hot women. Don't forget to live a life of a soy boy who thinks he is sexy while he is not.

That was a joke. Absolute infinity is not always a good idea.

Edited by CreamCat

1 hour ago, Shin said:

@ajasatya

I was genuinely interested by your point of view, so let's share in-depth here :)

To me, being a man means knowing exactly what you want out of life and relentlessly aligning yourself to it.
If it means insane suffering so be it, if it means being all alone for years or even decades so be it

Totally self-reliant, both psychologically and physically, he does not need any friend or woman in his life, but knows and appreciate the help and beautifulness of those things, and seek to be the best friend and husband possible.
He does not care about other people opinions, he knows what his problems are, what he wants, but also take them into account because he's open minded and truly humble.
He genuinely care about other people emotions, and does not manipulate anyone or anything if it means going against someone else agenda, he prefer to take the risk to no get what he wants if it means taking the freedom of someone else.

Being a man means having no shame of what you are, being totally open about your weaknesses, dreams and emotions
While at the same time being grounded enough not to put any of those as a burden to anyone else but yourself.
He does not fear to say what he thinks, even if it hurts people, while being careful not to hurts people needlessly too.

He's also hyper sexual when he feels like it, with no uncharted water about what he likes to do, and zero holding back in bed, either emotionally and by being as dominant or soft as he wants to be.
He's so open about it that he lets himself go and let his body and mind totally merge with his partner, to the point he does not know what he's going to do or happen.

He has an intense burning to go beyond him, to help mankind in its full possibility and not for petty personal gains
In fact, he does not want anything but giving himself to life, he sees other happiness as his own gains.

He has no shame to express his inner child and to be playful, even if it is to the extent of being seen as feminine
To him his feminine side is as much important as his masculine side and doesn't reject it at all.

Even if he is deeply hurt, either psychologically or physically, he still remains fully open and has the courage to let his heart be open to life.

@CreamCat Really interesting topic and those are great points. My question is if such a man exists in reality xD I mean someone who always, throughout his whole life acts the way you pointed out. Seems a bit idealistic, although I agree it's something to work towards and I may be projecting my own experience regarding myself and the men I've known until now. 

Maybe we could share some advice on how to become that kind of man. An important aspect of this is risking to be as honest as possible even if we're afraid to. 

4 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

@CreamCat Really interesting topic and those are great points. My question is if such a man exists in reality xD I mean someone who always, throughout his whole life acts the way you pointed out. Seems a bit idealistic, although I agree it's something to work towards and I may be projecting my own experience regarding myself and the men I've known until now. 

Maybe we could share some advice on how to become that kind of man. An important aspect of this is risking to be as honest as possible even if we're afraid to. 

That's an ideal, but you can be pretty high on the spectrum of all those points, if not hit all of them totally.

It's extremely challenging and emotionally disturbing to go through, but that's the cost to true freedom and peace.

There is probably not a lot of guys like that (more than you think though), but that's mainly because our society is all about superficiality, which of course means superficial masculinity.

God is love

And God in them

Great post aside. That's one ideal. Everything that frighten our identity or ideal becomes an ennemy very soon.

It's not about letting everyone be physically free. Society nature and people are puppet mastering things.

You are a puppet master. What do you Hope to reflect and give

Being manipulative is a défault state. Can be non neurotic though.

could just be talking classic stuff without long time intention' every word can change people mind. Without even you being aware of being manipulative.

So you said let everyone be free to hang arond with his ideas. I totaly agree on the mental side of things. In actuality you are cling to love your 'ego bubble' that allow you to think like this. Imagine some frightening ideology appear' you would chameleon ? No

If I told you that I appreciate Hitler. You agree on my position ?

I think being a man can aswell means being non passive ( I mean defending your own religion ) need to work on this idea. Aside I say this but didn't voted. But that's because my values and conviction are not reflected in the entire system.

Enough blah. It's paradox to not want to maintain this idéal in the idéal. Cause what if China and Russie take over the World ? It's maybe a fear of nothing. Though it could become a reality. And no more 'being a Man féminine' etc ..

Saying I don't give a fuck is a form of vote to me. Even if white voter doesn't get it and still play the Monopoly.

My life and view is close to your viewpoints. Just need more work on being active/passive in term of being. Can you be even an active passive ? I m talking to myself

Edited by Aeris

@Shin Great topic! It opens room for a lot of virtuous contemplations.

I agree with almost everything you said. Of course, we're both going to talk about ourselves here and since you're not married yet (I think) you're not able to fully comprehend what it means to have shared responsibilities. I just want to make it clear that I am highly dependent on my wife. How is that so?

When 2 human beings share the same space and open up to each other, they're will share emotional states as well. When one is not feeling well, the other will do whatever it takes to aid him/her. This spontaneous will to help is a beautiful and rare thing nowadays.

There's also functional dependency. I depend on my wife to setup our living place as our home. She depends on me to pay the bills and buy our food. Those are both equally important and beautiful missions.

Another thing that I'd like to add is that most of what you've said is actually about being human in the first place.

unborn Truth

To be a man is to realize being a man is a concept. @Shin 

Be a unicorn. ;)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Not trolling here and not demanding a justification. Generally curious and perhaps speaking out of ignorance but..... what is the point of a distinction between man and woman? Or am I just being dim? I am not sure about the need to divide things up so much between men and women? 

I know I let go of what being a man means a while back. It's one less thing that drags me down or aggravates monkey mind. One less expectation. I feel liberated by it actually. 

8 minutes ago, Bill W said:

Not trolling here and not demanding a justification. Generally curious and perhaps speaking out of ignorance but..... what is the point of a distinction between man and woman? Or am I just being dim? I am not sure about the need to divide things up so much between men and women? 

I know I let go of what being a man means a while back. It's one less thing that drags me down or aggravates monkey mind. One less expectation. I feel liberated by it actually. 

23 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Shin
Another thing that i'd like to add is that most of what you've said is actually about being human in the first place.

Maybe the point is to trick them into becoming an amazing holistical human being instead of an autistic alpha male :ph34r:

giphy.gif

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

For what its worth, I'm a woman and I strive to embody what you laid out in the original post here. Perhaps I'm a weird one, but I've frequently forgotten that it is more of a masculine thing to be engaged in self development. 

I think I get your point Shin but not completely sure. I am gullible I know that much! I take things too literally sometimes. 

When I see stuff on this forum about masculinity and femininity and all this about roles i feel like I've stepped into a time machine and we are back in the last century. 

However with openmind hat on I have to appreciate I may simply be ignorant which can often be the case ?

I also live in a culture where perhaps women are allowed to make more progress than they are in other parts of the world. I am also ignorant around discrimination and oppression to an extent as I am a white, Male, heterosexual with no obvious disability (unless you can read my mind lol). I am English born and bread so language is also not a real barrier for me. I am not in poverty and haven't been overly abused in my life.

I may also be projecting my own insecurities as I will never be mistaken for an alpha Male. Never lol. 

Was going to correct bread but will leave it in for irony

Edited by Bill W
None

@Bill W It's not about what is between the legs, but you can distinguish between yin and yang, the feminine and masculine energies that every human both has.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

8 hours ago, Shin said:

@Shin Powerful line, that one.

Great points in general.

9 hours ago, Shin said:

Then how can he protect his tribe, if someone else's agenda is to steal the food and rape the women?

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

1 minute ago, flowboy said:

@Shin Powerful line, that one.

Great points in general.

Then how can he protect his tribe, if someone else's agenda is to steal the food and rape the women?

That's life and death situation, you're not facing this 99.99999% of the time you're alive.

Unless you live in a country that is red/low blue stage on the spiral, it may not even happen once.

God is love

And God in them

9 hours ago, Shin said:

@ajasatya

@Shin in a nutshell :x

@Shin There are modern situations that call for protecting your tribe's interests. Let's do a more contemporary example. How can he make money for his family, if he runs a company that has competition, whose agenda is to take the entire marketshare for themselves?

I would say that being a man means that he fully accepts that whatever choice he makes, it will be good for some and bad for others.

Edited by flowboy

2 minutes ago, flowboy said:

@Shin There are modern situations that call for protecting your tribe's interests. Let's do a more contemporary example. How can he make money for his family, if he runs a company that has competition, whose agenda is to take the entire marketshare for themselves?

An evolved man wouldn't have a competition mindset :)

God is love

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

An evolved man wouldn't have a competition mindset :)

But others will. You can't expect to charm everyone else into being as evolved as you are. In other words, you will have ruthless competition bent on taking away your source of income. And many times you can't convince them to cooperate.

In that case, the evolved man will have to make choices that go against his unevolved competitor's agenda, or his evolved family will go hungry.

Edited by flowboy