KenDo

Tackling all addictions

6 posts in this topic

I took Leo's advice on facing emptiness head on to get rid of addictions. However I find the longer I do nothing the more anxious and depressed I start to feel. I start to feel like I am going insane and feel strong negative emotions. But I only feel this way either when my cravings are really strong or after giving in to my cravings and meditating afterwards. 

Any guidance is appreciated. I truly want to be free of all my addictions..

I think you already know the answer & the technique. Gradually increase your meditation time. Your expanded consciousness will not slip back so easily as it once used to. There is no other remedy. Acknowledge them, name them,put them on the paper and then burn through them for hundreds of hours of meditation day in day out. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

i'm sure meditation is good (I haven't really started doing it yet myself, it's on the to do list).

But the devil makes work for idle hands. Get busy. There's a balance to be struck between sitting quietly and also taking massive action.