Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devansh Saharan

Regret of past when things start going right!

10 posts in this topic

OK time wasted is time gone, no problem nothing can be done now, more you'll think about that wastage more you'll waste and so on and so on.

But when I make good choices, when start working on, in very subtle ways and very subtle decisions do so, everything is fine. Then this Immense wave of regret kicks in for me, that things are working good now and maybe the decisions I made now could've been made a month, 6 months, an year ago. Its really, simply depressing and no matter what logic and explanations I impose on myself I just can't stop this. 

What should I do? 

Realize that it doesn't matter. Whatever you do is fine, there is only the present moment anyway.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

17 minutes ago, Devansh Saharan said:

OK time wasted is time gone, no problem nothing can be done now, more you'll think about that wastage more you'll waste and so on and so on.

But when I make good choices, when start working on, in very subtle ways and very subtle decisions do so, everything is fine. Then this Immense wave of regret kicks in for me, that things are working good now and maybe the decisions I made now could've been made a month, 6 months, an year ago. Its really, simply depressing and no matter what logic and explanations I impose on myself I just can't stop this. 

What should I do? 

hahaha - aren‘t you lucky! most people start to regret when things start to go wrong. enjoy that it’s going right for you! if you could have done it then you probably would have, because you didn’t it showes you couldn’t. maybe when you stop regretting you will regret that you didn’t stop earlier. or you realize you should have regretted earlier.

Edited by now is forever

You have something now that you did not have then, otherwise you would have acted the same. You probably did the best given the conditions back then.

I've had similar experiences. I've come to believe that we do what we can, when we can, with the tools and knowledge we have at that given time. Maybe you needed to learn/evolve/mature before being able to take this step. Maybe you need to spend time working through this regret to get to the next step. I believe that even what seems like 'wasted time' is necessary on our journey.

@Devansh Saharan two points for the ego! It strikes again.  But yeah to echo what others said be present.  If you get lost in the past you are getting lost in delusion.   Notice something miraculous happens when you are just being....not only do regrets or the past not bother you..they're not even real.  They don't exist unless you are thinking about them!  They aren't Actual.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Think to yourself: how lucky I am for doing this now instead of next year.

All stories and explanations are false.

2 hours ago, LastThursday said:

Think to yourself: how lucky I am for doing this now instead of next year.

Ahh, that's good to think of. 

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Devansh Saharan two points for the ego! It strikes again.  But yeah to echo what others said be present.  If you get lost in the past you are getting lost in delusion.   Notice something miraculous happens when you are just being....not only do regrets or the past not bother you..they're not even real.  They don't exist unless you are thinking about them!  They aren't Actual.  

If only just being was that easy. 

4 hours ago, Organica said:

I've had similar experiences. I've come to believe that we do what we can, when we can, with the tools and knowledge we have at that given time. Maybe you needed to learn/evolve/mature before being able to take this step. Maybe you need to spend time working through this regret to get to the next step. I believe that even what seems like 'wasted time' is necessary on our journey.

Yes, I've come to the same. I think now the best I can do of fasten my pace and involve myself more to make up for what's gone. 

Thanks