ROOBIO

Saving for Vet School - Limiting PD

4 posts in this topic

So I need to save to go to vet school. It is my goal to become a qualified vet and use my skills for charitable reasons/volunteering to aid wildlife, maybe eventually starting my own charities in animal welfare. 

However, I need to save for vet school which is expensive. So at the moment, I am working as an account saving a lot of my salary. However, it means I can't really do much outside of work as I am not spending money. How can I focus on personal development without spending money?

Questions for the community are welcomed.  But there is a great quote that I think Tony Robbins says "It is not about your resources, but your resourcefulness".  Libraries are basically free, the internet has unlimited amounts of content, and most importantly self-reflection/contemplation/introspection/meditation are free. Personal development need not cost money.

In many countries, you need an undergrad prior to veterinary school (4 years of vet school and 2-4 years of undergrad0.  If you are pinching pennies to save up for this education, you are going to be saving for decades prior to reaching your goal (unless you are a high-wage earner in your current position).  I don't know your financial situation, but sometimes, taking on student loans/debt is a necessity.

What country do you live in? 

Yeah, I am from the uk and saving about £1500 a month after living expenses. I plan to go to vet school in the czech republic in Brno because they have a good focus on exotics. 

I just haven't been able to do that much now because i am not spending money, so am alot more alone.

Thanks for the tips, can focus on my health/nutrition/spirituality in the mean time

Edited by ROOBIO

I heard in most countries you can meditate basically for free now

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/