Wasem

A method to reduce the time needed to listen to Actualized.org videos

12 posts in this topic

I missed many episodes in the past, and I still have tens to listen to, therefore I Was inspired to increase the speed of listening, but that didn't work well on YouYube, however when listening to the podcast (because there is a podcast also for those who don't know) I used an app called Podcast Addict, and what this app does is not only enabling me to increase the speed, but also it has a nifty feature. It enables me to remove the silent moment in the video, also not to mention, you can download the episodes and listen to them offline. This has saved a lot of time for me. What I do is increase the speed to 1.2, and also remove the silent. This way, an episode of two hours, will become almost one hour. 

you're not really getting the same amount of value from the videos, yeah you might be able to 'save time' but you're not absorbing what's actually being said as fully and therefore you're wasting time by trying to save time

paradoxes, paradoxes everywhere.

8 hours ago, Omni said:

you're not really getting the same amount of value from the videos, yeah you might be able to 'save time' but you're not absorbing what's actually being said as fully and therefore you're wasting time by trying to save time

paradoxes, paradoxes everywhere.

If you take Modafinil, your focus will increase. Second, I strongly believe you need to listen to all the lectures of Leo, all of them, even the old ones which contains lots of wisdom. 

31 minutes ago, Wasem said:

If you take Modafinil, your focus will increase. Second, I strongly believe you need to listen to all the lectures of Leo, all of them, even the old ones which contains lots of wisdom. 

Both of your arguments are highly presumptuous and one highly dependent of the other

taking Modafinil does not guarantee an increase in focus, that's subjective to physiology and may work for majority, however that's the same as suggesting that everyone should smoke pot, which in most cases doesn't work for everyone. Nor does it guarantee your processing on those videos will ultimately add more value to his teachings.

secondly, you've seemingly begun to cling to his teachings as absolute truth, which isn't the case. You don't need to watch most of his videos or for that matter all of them.

hell, you don't need to watch ANY of them, but you can, for whatever purpose that is, you can watch them. The context is vastly different than NEEDING to watch them

it's a quality, not quantity factor here. It almost seems as if you're trying to avoid having to digest some of the things being said and using time crunching as an excuse - and masking it as high-productivity/efficiency and "i watched ALL of Leo's videos, therefore i've gained the most knowledge!" 

I could be wrong, but definitely consider it.

What I have been doing lately is downloading the subtitles of the video and then converting it to txt and then reading it 😁😁👌👌

17 hours ago, Omni said:

taking Modafinil does not guarantee an increase in focus, that's subjective to physiology and may work for majority, however that's the same as suggesting that everyone should smoke pot, which in most cases doesn't work for everyone. Nor does it guarantee your processing on those videos will ultimately add more value to his teachings.

I agree on the modafinil part, yet it does work for me and that's what's important

You definitely need. I am not clinging to his videos, although I will try to investigate this, but it is a fact that he covers hundreds of topics, and you never knows what works for you unless you hear everything he has to say. Have you ever watched his episode on Resistance and the Sedona method? an old one, yet he never talked about it in his new videos, and never mentioned the methods. How would you know? needless to say, it is fucking amazing to learn about it and apply it in everyday life. 

17 hours ago, Omni said:

it's a quality, not quantity factor here. It almost seems as if you're trying to avoid having to digest some of the things being said and using time crunching as an excuse - and masking it as high-productivity/efficiency and "i watched ALL of Leo's videos, therefore i've gained the most knowledge!" 

Quality of his teaching is phenomenal, and again, it is the vast variety of topics that he covers. 

16 hours ago, ahmad ibdah said:

What I have been doing lately is downloading the subtitles of the video and then converting it to txt and then reading it 😁😁👌👌

That's cool, you are on the reading side. How's that working for you?

On 04/06/2019 at 10:48 PM, ahmad ibdah said:

Check out this file for example. It is for Leo's last video. It is working just fine. 

[DownSub.com] Understanding Survival - Part 2 - Advanced Insights About Survival [SubtitleTools.com].txt

Okay now you just need to find someone who has time to write a python script to morph this into full text which is actually readable.

Like phrase ending with comma's and actual paragraphs. Leo's not gonna be happy xD

Anyway, genius problem solving.

Want to share my method as I feel learning,digesting and implementing one episode is the most important: I first go on desktop mode, get the transçript from YouTube, then copy paste to one note, while listening to the video, I take notes and commentaries, with some pauses until the video ends

If I need to go back, I just access my commonplace book, with commentaries, and know which part of the video to access

Sometimes people share their notes in the comments section of his videos, if your looking for it summarized thats helpful, yet you still might lose social cues from him talking, or stuff the note taker might've left out.

Otherwise its good to want to watch as much of his videos as possible, but consider being patient if it seems like your too hyper or if it seems right for you.

Posted (edited)

On 6/2/2019 at 6:19 AM, Wasem said:

I missed many episodes in the past, and I still have tens to listen to, therefore I Was inspired to increase the speed of listening, but that didn't work well on YouYube, however when listening to the podcast (because there is a podcast also for those who don't know) I used an app called Podcast Addict, and what this app does is not only enabling me to increase the speed, but also it has a nifty feature. It enables me to remove the silent moment in the video, also not to mention, you can download the episodes and listen to them offline. This has saved a lot of time for me. What I do is increase the speed to 1.2, and also remove the silent. This way, an episode of two hours, will become almost one hour. 

Yes! You can even read a book and watch another video without a sound at the same time! And be eating your meal. This is even more time saved! And then you'll go and squander that saved time on something stupid without realizing that you're squandering it. + You'll  forget easier what you've heard in a video.

Edited by rnd