seeking_brilliance

Interesting things said by Jesus....

100 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

its awesome... you have to be a little open minded and give him time in his articles to show where he's going with the interpretation. Look through the archives there's lots and lots of topics

I really didn't know that the Bible had so many esoteric interpretations, it's mind blowing. I discovered some of them and there's something that in the website they say that I totally agree and that is the Bible makes so much sense when you read between the lines, the symbology if you see the non dual POV in it than if you read it with the traditional interpretation of the different Christian Churches. 

This should be the mainstream teaching of the Bible, but... the Devil is deceiving us big time!!!!

?????

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

7 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I really didn't know that the Bible had so many esoteric interpretations, it's mind blowing. I discovered some of them and there's something that in the website they say that I totally agree and that is the Bible makes so much sense when you read between the lines, the symbology if you see the non dual POV in it than if you read it with the traditional interpretation of the different Christian Churches. 

This should be the mainstream teaching of the Bible, but... the Devil is deceiving us big time!!!!

?????

I think it was mainstream before catholics starting murdering all the mainstreamers.... 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

4 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I think it was mainstream before catholics starting murdering all the mainstreamers.... 

That's possible, really. Because I noticed that some orthodox churches share some of those views on non duality and in a non literal interpretation of the bible. I listen from time to time in youtube an orthodox priest, that has some interesting views on Christs.

This is his channel, maybe you know it... Theodore Nottingham is his name.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

On 6/1/2019 at 11:04 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

Gospel of Thomas, chapter 2, verses 1-4

Jesus says:

(1) “The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All.”

Gospel of Thomas Chapter 4, versus 1-3

Jesus says:

(1) “The person old in his days will not hesitate to ask a child seven days old about the place of life, and he will live.

(2) For many who are first will become last, (3) and they will become a single one.”

*not sure about verse one, but 2 and three seem to be talking about reincarnation possibly

Gospel of Thomas Chapter 5 versus 1-2

Jesus says:

(1) “Come to know what is in front of you, and that which is hidden from you will become clear to you.

(2) For there is nothing hidden that will not become manifest.”

*talking about shadow work?  Also reminds me of Leo's exercise of looking at your hands

Gospel of Thomas Chapter 8 verses 1-4

(1) And he says: “The human being is like a sensible fisherman who cast his net into the sea and drew it up from the sea filled with little fish.

(2) Among them the sensible fisherman found a large, fine fish.

(3) He threw all the little fish back into the sea, (and) he chose the large fish effortlessly.

(4) Whoever has ears to hear should hear.”

*actually looking for an interpretation on this one. Any time he says 'whoever has ears...' it is an intentionally coded parable. 

Gospel of Thomas Chapter 10

Jesus says:

“I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am guarding it until it blazes.”

*the stories of Jesus literally changed and shaped the world. He knew exactly what he was doing... 

Exodus 33:20

And He said, “Thou canst not see My face, for there shall no man see Me and live.”

*it counts because technically I was raised to believe that the God who spoke to Moses was in fact the premanifest son of God (Jesus). Seems to be talking about ego death?  To remember that nothing has ever lived? 

Somewhere in Exodus probably.... 

"Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” 

The Gospel of Mary Magdalene

22) The Savior said, All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots.

23) For the nature of matter is resolved into the roots of its own nature alone.

30) Matter gave birth to a passion that has no equal, which proceeded from something contrary to nature. Then there arises a disturbance in its whole body.

31) That is why I said to you, Be of good courage, and if you are discouraged be encouraged in the presence of the different forms of nature. 

Matt.22 Verses 34 to 40

[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

[38] This is the first and great commandment.

[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

* I like this one.  A nondual type quote hidden in plain sight all this time.  I still would like to know more about the mind/body /soul connection, or is this only a Christian anology for something? 

John 14:10

Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

* I was raised to believe that Jesus and the father and the holy spirit were one God, but three different manifestations of it. Jesus sometimes appears to be saying that we are all one God. 

Gospel of Thomas... Somewhere in there... 

(1) “I am the light that is over all. I am the All. The All came forth out of me. And to me the All has come.”

(2) “Split a piece of wood — I am there.

(3) Lift the stone, and you will find me there.”

Gospel of Thomas Chapter 17

Jesus says:

“I will give you what no eye has seen, and what no ear has heard, and what no hand has touched, and what has not occurred to the human mind.”

Gospel of Thomas Chapter 18

(1) The disciples said to Jesus: “Tell us how our end will be.”
(2) Jesus said: “Have you already discovered the beginning that you are now asking about the end? For where the beginning is, there the end will be too.
(3) Blessed is he who will stand at the beginning. And he will know the end, and he will not taste death.”

James 1:19 

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.

*I like this because it's overall great advice

Luke 6:37

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven

Mark 8:34-35

Then, calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Gospel, you will save it”.

*this is certainly an allegory for something... 

John 14:27 

I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

Somewhere in the new testament.... 

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” 57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” 

Then they took up stones to throw at Him; 

Matthew 6:24

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. 

~The Book of Thomas The Contender

He who has known himself has…already achieved knowledge about the depth of all.

~Gospel of Thomas

That which you have will save you if you bring it forth from yourselves.

~The Dialogue of the Savior

Matthew: “Lord, when I speak…who listens? The Lord said: “It is the one who speaks who also listens, and it is the one who can see who also reveals.”

*when two become one? 

Gospel of Thomas Chapter 50

Jesus says:

(1) “If they say to you: ‘Where do you come from?’ (then) say to them: ‘We have come from the light, the place where the light has come into being by itself, has established [itself] and has appeared in their image.’

(2) If they say to you: ‘Is it you?’ (then) say: ‘We are his children, and we are the elect of the living Father.’

(3) If they ask you: ‘What is the sign of your Father among you?’ (then) say to them: ‘It is movement and repose.’”

The problem here is that the supposed Gospels of Thomas and Mary Magdalene, Book of Thomas the Contender, and the Dialogue of the Savior are not accepted as biblical canon.  They are gnostic, not Judaeo-Christian, in origin.  Gnosticism is unbiblical heresy!

Edited by Soul-lover 2020

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

18 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

The problem here is that the supposed Gospels of Thomas and Mary Magdalene, Book of Thomas the Contender, and the Dialogue of the Savior are not accepted as biblical canon.  They are gnostic, not Judaeo-Christian, in origin.  Gnosticism is unbiblical heresy!

either way they are a very interesting peice of historical fiction/allegory and I think they have a lot to teach us

Edited by seeking_brilliance

3 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Jesus was heretic too for the stablished jewish religion of the time. They even said he was son of the Devil because he was saying he was equal to God.

Edited by abrakamowse

I know what happens to you @Soul-lover 2020 same thing happened to me... you want something that is solid proof, that is undeniable guide to be saved. I used to think like you. But, the problem is that there's not such a thing. 

Even the Bible being the word of God, is useless, not because of what it says but because of what we understand of the words written in the Bible. You think that because is written in the Bible it can't be denied or changed. But the problem is not the bible, is the people that interpret the bible. 

Watch the videos about self deception, and you will see what I am talking about... we deceive ourselves about what is true or not in the Bible, because we can't see reality the way it is (because of the original sin).

There is not a book that is infallible, that you can read and know the truth because it is written "by God", simply because the truth is twisted by our interpretation or that of others. Do not become so attached to your idea of God, your idea of God is an image of him, it is not the real one because God cannot be thought. And no book can tell you what is real. You have to live it and experience it.

Your idea of God is an image of what he is, and remember God said we can not make images of anything. He wasn't only talking only about an idol made of wood, he was talking about making ideas about God too, about doing idols in our minds. And that's what books do, give you ideas, not the real thing.

Edited by abrakamowse

15 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I know what happens to you @Soul-lover 2020 same thing happened to me... you want something that is solid proof, that is undeniable guide to be saved. I used to think like you. But, the problem is that there's not such a thing. 

Even the Bible being the word of God, is useless, not because of what it says but because of what we understand of the words written in the Bible. You think that because is written in the Bible it can't be denied or changed. But the problem is not the bible, is the people that interpret the bible. 

Watch the videos about self deception, and you will see what I am talking about... we deceive ourselves about what is true or not in the Bible, because we can't see reality the way it is (because of the original sin).

There is not a book that is infallible, that you can read and know the truth because it is written "by God", simply because the truth is twisted by our interpretation or that of others. Do not become so attached to your idea of God, your idea of God is an image of him, it is not the real one because God cannot be thought. And no book can tell you what is real. You have to live it and experience it.

Your idea of God is an image of what he is, and remember God said we can not make images of anything. He wasn't only talking only about an idol made of wood, he was talking about making ideas about God too, about doing idols in our minds. And that's what books do, give you ideas, not the real thing.

The above does not apply to what I'm saying.  The Truth doesn't change to suit you, rather you need to receive the revelation concealed within it to gain true understanding.  The Bible is spirit-breathed of God, whether you like that fact or not. 

16 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Jesus was heretic too for the established Jewish religion of the time. They even said he was son of the Devil because he was saying he was equal to God.

Abrakamowse,

Jesus wasn't a heretic at all because He never broke God's Law.  And it was the religious leaders who were the true sons of the Devil, not Him.  Jesus was equal to God because He is God.  It is written:

John 1:1-5 

New King James Version 

The Eternal Word

In the beginning was the Word (Jesus Christ) , and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.  And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Andrea :)

In the Gospel of Thomas Jesus said, "Don't worry too much what the outside of the cup looks like, You only drink what's inside."  "Do not let fundamentalists come between you and God's love. They are like dog's guarding a cow's trough. They protect food they don't eat from animals that are starving."

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

51 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

The above does not apply to what I'm saying.  The Truth doesn't change to suit you, rather you need to receive the revelation concealed within it to gain true understanding.  The Bible is spirit-breathed of God, whether you like that fact or not. 

No one says it's not, but so is Harry Potter. Every work of fiction and non fiction is God talking to himself. 

53 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Abrakamowse,

Jesus wasn't a heretic at all because He never broke God's Law.  And it was the religious leaders who were the true sons of the Devil, not Him.  Jesus was equal to God because He is God.  It is written:

John 1:1-5 

New King James Version 

The Eternal Word

In the beginning was the Word (Jesus Christ) , and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.  And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Andrea :)

If you pay attention, you will see that everything that you "see" through your eyes "were made through you" too. 

Jesus is the character that was born in the world, Christ is the consciousness we all have and that's our true identity. So basically Jesus and you are one, and he is also one with God. We are all one and God is our identity our true identity.

When he realized who he really was, he become Jesus Christ. That's the human side together with the divine side of him. But the same can be said of YOU. You are Andrea, but at the same time you are the consciousness who is watching the world through your eyes. 

John 14:20

On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

You will realize, he is not saying "you will become" you will REALIZE that I am in you... what does it mean? That you and Jesus are one too. THAT YOU ARE ALREADY JESUS, YOU ONLY HAVE TO REALIZE THAT. Because Jesus is in You, that means you are him.

That's why I tell you that the interpretation of the words written in the Bible can be twisted. It doesn't matter if it is written because the mainstream church gives them another interpretation that it fits their agenda. Because they can't accept the truth.

Ask God for guidance, because you are saying that you left the mainstream church, but you are not thinking by yourself, you are too attached to the wrong interpretations that the Church is giving. Those interpretation only reinforce the ego in us, the idea of separation from God so they are from the Devil if you want to use terminology used by the churches of today.

I think one day you will realize that Jesus is in the Father, and you are in Jesus, and Jesus in you.

Ergo:  JESUS = GOD = YOU

Blessings

Edited by abrakamowse

14 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

This is also written in the Bible, do you agree?

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 ESV / 75 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful

“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of this Andrea B|

https://biblehub.com/john/10-34.htm

One single quote

That destroys all your faith

9_9

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I'm the Matrix and Neo @zeroISinfinity Neo = One

?

@zeroISinfinity  I'm eating an ice cream with the spoon

B|

2 hours ago, Shin said:

I'm still waiting for an explanation of this Andrea B|

https://biblehub.com/john/10-34.htm

One single quote

That destroys all your faith

9_9

2 Billion people are cracking on with the Faith regardless. Doesn't seem especially destroyed. Can Faith even be destroyed? What do you think Shin? Can Faith be destroyed? 

10 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@abrakamowse Where is your spoon? 

Just retrieved it from an old redguard king and gave it to Sheogorath.

Then he told me to use his staff to transform his servants into sheeps.

IMG_20190614_124930.png

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them